The Waiting Room (WP8.1 Dev Preview)

Status
Not open for further replies.

melvintwj

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Despite being really excited about WP8.1 and looking forward to it, I did not even realized it's the 10th already. Well it's about 7:15PM here anyways..

dirkprinsloo

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Question wrt Preview for Developers. I had this installed on my previous device (Lumia 920) in order preview GDR3. I have since got a Lumia 1020 and installed the Preview for Developers app. Launching the app, the tick box at the bottom is already ticked, with the "Done" button grayed out. When I untick (which will un-enroll) the "done" button becomes available. Can I safely assume that the app already knows that I am enrolled (perhaps by the Microsoft Account already setup on the device)? Just want to make sure I do not miss out on this once it's available...

SAM 77

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I felt there was a difference in using a WP keyboard over iPhones and androids I had used in the past. I have no complaints about the keyboard at the moment and if they really have improved it then 8.1 is just bootfull of goodies.

Its like a Xmas after when I thought GDR3 was all there was for a while.

Damn looking like the 14th or later at this point in time :(

batkingnz

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Swype is the shiznit for one handed typing. I really love the WP keyboard, don't get me wrong. On my 920 I rarely make a mistake and the autocorrect is awesome. Problem is, you need two hands for any type of speed. Swype (we should actually all be saying Word Flow) fixes that. One handed speed writing, great for messaging and emails, or office etc. Swype on N9 was awesome and the N8 before that. Don't know about android because I only have a tablet not a phone. Blah blah blah.

Try it when 8.1 drops. I think you, and many others will like it, even if you aren't feeling it yet.

batkingnz

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I felt there was a difference in using a WP keyboard over iPhones and androids I had used in the past. I have no complaints about the keyboard at the moment and if they really have improved it then 8.1 is just bootfull of goodies.

Its like a Xmas after when I thought GDR3 was all there was for a while.

Damn looking like the 14th or later at this point in time :(

I'm with you on the 'later'. I have that feeling too.

By the way, since we're all waiting here for something that's probably not coming today, check out this POS article on Yahoo for a laugh.

Windows Phone 8.2 Features Leaked: Swype Like App 'Word Flow' coming with Windows Phone 8.1 Update

'The team managed to top the old record, which was 20 minutes and 53 seconds, with a new one: 18 minutes and 44 seconds.'

Lol

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I actually stopped using Swype when I use Android because Dragon bought them and instead of using Google's voice to text, which is awesome, it uses Dragon's Voice to Text which blows... hard.... This is another reason I'm happy Microsoft has their own "swipe-like" keyboard instead of it actually being Swype. Don't even ask me about this stupid iPhone keyboard I'm using right now.. so tiny... their voice to text is pretty good, but the keyboard... no so much. 8.1 can't get here soon enough.

Swype is the shiznit for one handed typing. I really love the WP keyboard, don't get me wrong. On my 920 I rarely make a mistake and the autocorrect is awesome. Problem is, you need two hands for any type of speed. Swype (we should actually all be saying Word Flow) fixes that. One handed speed writing, great for messaging and emails, or office etc. Swype on N9 was awesome and the N8 before that. Don't know about android because I only have a tablet not a phone. Blah blah blah.

Try it when 8.1 drops. I think you, and many others will like it, even if you aren't feeling it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss