The Waiting Room (WP8.1 Dev Preview)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanil920

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully the OTA update services have enough capacity. The sheer no of update request it would get in the first few hours could run it at max capacity.. hopefully it won't crash

karmacoma

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm from turkey and you must have heard that YouTube is blocked in turkey. I need vpn NOW, can't wait!!

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

abhishake620

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Looks like I'll be uninstalling everything then... Got 300mb free, and if it's around 1GB isn't it going to need more to install anyway?

better yet ,reset the phone on Sunday...install essential apps and be ready for Monday....that Way the "other" storage is also emptied before you install 8.1 .....that is my plan

anon(5579515)

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
better yet ,reset the phone on Sunday...install essential apps and be ready for Monday....that Way the "other" storage is also emptied before you install 8.1 .....that is my plan

Think I'll do that... I may even just reset Monday morning, start afresh without a sim card (to prevent messages coming through), download the Dev Preview, install 8.1, reset again, and restore my backup with the sim in...

abhishake620

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Would it make any sense restoring factory settings to the phone before updating to 8.1?

yeah as it will give you enough space for the OS to download and unpack and install on 8 GB phones.... Besides what I heard the update is 900mb in size so need to have minimum 1.5 gigs empty so better to reset and get the other storage area and then be ready ...you don't wanna get a message that install failed due to low memory while installing 8.1 it will drive you( at least me) crazy after all this waiting...

SAM 77

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Yes I'm hoping being in Australia we will get it while the rest of the world is still waking up. Not many of us using WP so it'll be no trouble for servers.

I been dumping apps to clear up at 1GB free.

I always do a factory reset after major updates. Free WiFi from local library is my friend :winktongue:

SAM 77

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Bing Translator is good and sufficient. Not going back to Google.

Before I got my WP my main email was with gmail and I used google for a search engine. I always had Bing as the default choice on my phone but it was only when Google pulled their Youtube BS that I started using Bing on my desktop.

anon(5579515)

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Yes I'm hoping being in Australia we will get it while the rest of the world is still waking up. Not many of us using WP so it'll be no trouble for servers.

I been dumping apps to clear up at 1GB free.

I always do a factory reset after major updates. Free WiFi from local library is my friend :winktongue:

It'll most likely still be released at 10am PST, so...

Tonchi91

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I would use Bing translator, but since Bing translator does not cover as much lnaguages as Google translator do...For example, Croatian language (my native language) is not cover in Bing translate, but it is covered in Google translate. That was the main reason of doing the translator app with Google translate.

And here is the url:
http://www.windowsphone.com/hr-hr/s...78d5f-b556-4020-8386-4184e6cb8d98?signin=true

If it tells you that you can't download that in your region (even if I have checkek all countries that I can, so everyone can download it), just change hr-hr with your region (in the url).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss