The Waiting Room (WP8.1 Dev Preview)

Status
Not open for further replies.

josepmanel1983

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
My 520 is doing crazy stuff right now. I can swipe to the side at the bing search and it show some news there. I never saw that before. Was I blind or is this new?

That's probably because you've changed your region to the US.

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Tapatalk

pdelvo

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I had set it to US for months to get Local Scout. Bit it never had this new pages since today. Or I am crazy. Another possibility

bradm77

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I've already issues public apologies to all my friends on Facebook and followers on Twitter for what appears to be a case of "Microsoft Tourette's", because I keep randomly posting tweets and status updates that simply say:

CORTANA!!!!

I am hoping to find a cure sometime TOMORROW. :amaze: :amaze: :amaze:

SoullessOnyx

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Nope, to keep Cortana in the UK like myself, it has to stay as US Region till it gets released here.

Yeah, restart your phone too, it has to apply the changes...

Oh.. So lets say once 8.1 releases tomorrow, and I change my region back UK... What would happen?

Do you mean I need to keep my region set as US until Cortana is official released next year?

anon(5579515)

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Oh.. So lets say once 8.1 releases tomorrow, and I change my region back UK... What would happen?

Do you mean I need to keep my region set as US until Cortana is official released next year?

Your phone would ask to be restarted and afterwards Cortana wouldn't be there :(

It shouldn't be that long before Cortana is released in the UK, it's the second place Cortana will land. But yes, to use Cortana your region will have to stay as US till it gets released here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss