The Waiting Room (WP8.1 Dev Preview)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristijan87

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Could time crawl any slower right now?

Actually, it could. :) Time is a very relative concept. The more you fixate on this the slower the time will pass for you. That being said I'm currently completely incapable of doing anything BUT fixating on 8.1 Preview. And imagine if MS releases it on Tuesday instead of tomorrow. I believe the global sigh of disappointment will cause a hurricane.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

hikarikamiya

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Why answer a question if someone may have already answered it, simply because you don't want to read? It just makes the thread even larger when information is repeated due to laziness.

im agree with u, read the page, and stop asking the information has been answered

Sent by Lumia 520 via Tapatalk | Indonesia | For WPCentral

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the new Swype like keyboard. That has me uber excited... also Cortana and Action Center. :)

Swipe keyboard is honestly something I anticipate wishing there was a way to turn it off. I tried swype for Android and it wasn't for me. I hope I'm wrong, but for people like me who prefer to tap I fear it will register imprecise taps as swipes, leading to a new source of typos. Only time will tell with that one...

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Swipe keyboard is honestly something I anticipate wishing there was a way to turn it off. I tried swype for Android and it wasn't for me. I hope I'm wrong, but for people like me who prefer to tap I fear it will register imprecise taps as swipes, leading to a new source of typos. Only time will tell with that one...

Word Flow is always on, but you can still type as per usual. The keyboard can tell which you are trying to do.

Word Flow requires that your finger doesn't leave the keyboard and that you draw a pattern connecting the letters. It would take more than an imprecise tap to make it think you were trying to use Word Flow.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I live in India.i was wondering if i set my region to us (to use cortana) would it bring any changes that i might not enjoy while my region was set as India. Pls comment.

I could be wrong but I believe your language may also need to be set to English (US). It's possible Cortana may struggle with your accent, or the differences between American English and UK English that is largely taught in India. Also there exists the possibility of having to put up with SAE units of measure, since the US rejected the metric system (?F for temperature, pounds instead of KG, miles instead of KM, inches instead of millimeters, etc) which could be very confusing...

dirkprinsloo

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Question... Preview for developers App... After running it the checkbox is already checked with the Done button greyed out. Can it the app be clever enough to know that on my previous device my Microsoft Account is already enrolled????

anon(5579515)

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Question... Preview for developers App... After running it the checkbox is already checked with the Done button greyed out. Can it the app be clever enough to know that on my previous device my Microsoft Account is already enrolled????

Shouldn't be... I've a few devices in my house enrolled on it...

Kristijan87

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
So, to break this cycle of asking the same questions over and over again (will it be available, when, how, why, why not, which devices and so on...) let me ask you something new: what are YOU doing currently to kill the time? My floors are freshly washed and waxed, I'm currently shampooing the carpets and next I'll do windows, EVEN THOUGH it's raining but hey, I'll do them again when the rain stops! :p And Monday morning is reserved for a meeting with my supervisor on Unemployment so I'm all set. Since the preview will hit Croatia on Monday evening I still have to find something to clean tomorrow afternoon. :p The stove looks like a pig's *** so that'll do...

anon(5579515)

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
So, to break this cycle of asking the same questions over and over again (will it be available, when, how, why, why not, which devices and so on...) let me ask you something new: what are YOU doing currently to kill the time? My floors are freshly washed and waxed, I'm currently shampooing the carpets and next I'll do windows, EVEN THOUGH it's raining but hey, I'll do them again when the rain stops! :p And Monday morning is reserved for a meeting with my supervisor on Unemployment so I'm all set. Since the preview will hit Croatia on Monday evening I still have to find something to clean tomorrow afternoon. :p The stove looks like a pig's *** so that'll do...

Well I've just finished repotting a plant from my old house that's pretty much accompanied me through my whole life. Now I'm going to cook and eat some dinner, and then most likely play Minecraft or Rayman Legends till the evening.

SoullessOnyx

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Just so everyone is aware, it has not been officially announced to release on the 14th... Yes certain websites are saying so but Microsoft have not come out there selves and said the Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview will be releasing tomorrow at so and so time.. If it was releasing tomorrow then Microsoft are taking there sweet time to announce the release time for everyone.

Would it not make sense for Microsoft to at least come out and say yes... It is releasing tomorrow other then all of a sudden releasing it tomorrow. I for one think it will release on the 15th and we will get the official announcement tomorrow... Of course I could be 100% wrong but I am just letting you know, don't get your hopes up if it don't release tomorrow.

JustRay76

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Doing french language exercises... :/

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Actually, I just did a check with the GDR3 availability articles. It seems the update went live about 11am GMT. Any chance of that recurring?

There are chances of many things. The final timing is known only to MS right now. However as I keep repeating and people keep ignoring MS tends to release Xbox stuff at 2am Pacific and Windows related stuff at 10am Pacific.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Just so everyone is aware, it has not been officially announced to release on the 14th... Yes certain websites are saying so but Microsoft have not come out there selves and said the Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview will be releasing tomorrow at so and so time.. If it was releasing tomorrow then Microsoft are taking there sweet time to announce the release time for everyone.

Would it not make sense for Microsoft to at least come out and say yes... It is releasing tomorrow other then all of a sudden releasing it tomorrow. I for one think it will release on the 15th and we will get the official announcement tomorrow... Of course I could be 100% wrong but I am just letting you know, don't get your hopes up if it don't release tomorrow.

A person here on the forums whom I know for a fact works on campus at MS (Talderon) has stated the internal e-mail says 4/14/2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon