The Waiting Room (WP8.1 Dev Preview)

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterc84

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
I should be good when it comes ms need more stuff like action center and time customization yo attract more users. EVERYONE WANTS CUSTOMIZATION, LOOK AT ANDROID! IT IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE MS.
PETER

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I should be good when it comes ms need more stuff like action center and time customization yo attract more users. EVERYONE WANTS CUSTOMIZATION, LOOK AT ANDROID! IT IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE MS.
PETER

Android isn't necessarily popular due to its customization options. I can guarantee you a large percentage of users don't really have any idea what makes Android so much better from a customization stand point.

One must remember: the world doesn't largely consist of tech geeks like us. The majority don't understand technology to that great a degree, and make very blind buying decisions. Many Android phones can be found dirt cheap, so when people see that, they go, "Oh wow, a smartphone for THAT cheap?! What a great deal!" Without any considerations for how poor the specs are and how dismal of a device it probably is.

Likewise, when people (especially in America, thanks to the reigning 2yr contract system) go for high end devices, they see how things like the Samsung Galaxy S4 or S5 have these latest and greatest specs, and how awesome they are. Do they have any idea what it means? Nope. Are they going to buy it because it /sounds/ better? You can bet your hat they will.

This isn't to say there aren't a lot of people who bought Android because they like to customize every last detail of their phone, I'm sure there are millions out there who bought an Android device just so they could flash it and customize the hell out of it. But nonetheless, we who understand the ins and outs of technology are a minority, and most buy things based on very blind and arbitrary purchasing decisions (which is why sales reps can, in many ways, make or break a platform. I had two friend who were very interested in Windows Phones as their first smartphones, but both were talked into Android because Windows Phone is "too complicated.").

blacknproud

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Can I leave my location on, if my region and language are US, in order to be able to use Cortana (I'm in England)

Sent from my RM-914_eu_euro1_280 using Tapatalk

Tansen

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
You should probably study lol. WP8.1 will be there for you after your exam I'm sure. And remember, ATP is important, and mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell! ;)

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Can I leave my location on, if my region and language are US, in order to be able to use Cortana (I'm in England)

Sent from my RM-914_eu_euro1_280 using Tapatalk

Indeed, location services can remain enabled. Just don't expect services like Cortana searching for nearby restaurants to be very reliable...

SoullessOnyx

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Just so long as you realize that it's not going to roll out until aprox. 11am PST. The folks are going to release it on their normal work schedule, lol.

I am aware we are all hours away from the supposedly release! But I am just pointing out it is now the day it will be released!

prathamesh wadia

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Brother you couldn't be more wrong.. Cortana, like the current windows-phone voice assistant, learns the speech of its user.. and the current one in windows even understands hindi-ish words.. for example i have friends on my list named Sitara paaji and Lombdi and i can just say call Sitara paaja or call Lombdi and it works flawlessly.. and that's without the advanced tech coming with cortana..

EpicIncognitO

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Okay okay okay, its 5:16 am here in India and can you see the first thing I do after getting up and peeing is checking this thread. Feels like many users gonna have a mini orgasm when it releases. 😆😏

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Okay okay okay, its 5:16 am here in India and can you see the first thing I do after getting up and peeing is checking this thread. Feels like many users gonna have a mini orgasm when it releases. ����

I feel like I speak on behalf of the entire Windows Phone community when I say that "mini" would be a drastic understatement. ;)

hikarikamiya

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
14th here on indonesia, still wait the update 8.1
Can someone share the GMT of MS use
Sorry for ma bad english

➡ Sent by Lumia 520 via Tapatalk | Indonesia | For WPCentral ⬅

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
14th here on indonesia, still wait the update 8.1
Can someone share the GMT of MS use
Sorry for ma bad english

➡ Sent by Lumia 520 via Tapatalk | Indonesia | For WPCentral ⬅

Microsoft uses Pacific Standard Time (PST)

"The Pacific Time Zone observes standard time by subtracting eight hours from Coordinated Universal Time (UTC−8). The clock time in this zone is based on the mean solar time of the 120th meridian west of the Greenwich Observatory. During daylight saving time, its time offset is UTC−7 and is thus based on the mean solar time of the 105th meridian west of the Greenwich Observatory." ~ Wikipedia

Aprox. 15 hours before I would expect the update to go live. Get some rest m'friend. Go to bed, and rest thy weary head, so that you have the necessary energy to enjoy 8.1 once it goes live. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss