The Waiting Room (WP8.1 Dev Preview)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hikarikamiya

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft uses Pacific Standard Time (PST)

"The Pacific Time Zone observes standard time by subtracting eight hours from Coordinated Universal Time (UTC−8). The clock time in this zone is based on the mean solar time of the 120th meridian west of the Greenwich Observatory. During daylight saving time, its time offset is UTC−7 and is thus based on the mean solar time of the 105th meridian west of the Greenwich Observatory." ~ Wikipedia

Aprox. 15 hours before I would expect the update to go live. Get some rest m'friend. Go to bed, and rest thy weary head, so that you have the necessary energy to enjoy 8.1 once it goes live. ;)

thank you, but now 6.58 am at indonesia

So i dont need a rest

➡ Sent by Lumia 520 via Tapatalk | Indonesia | For WPCentral ⬅

pLUSpISTOL

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I hope Cortana's speech engine doesn't do the same thing as TellMe in regards to names beginning with Mc such as McGregor.
Currently it will say "Calling John M.C.Gregor" lol. Really annoying!

EpicIncognitO

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
😁😆😋 I could just guess that. Then probably a mini for Microsoft and the large for us lol. I feel so proud to be a part of this evolution of technology. Born in the late 80's seeing it all. And now you can imagine 3D face scanning. Love you Microsoft. A company built for a purpose. Tick tock tick tock.🕐🕑🕒🕓🕔🕕🕖🕗🕘🕙🕚🕛
I feel like I speak on behalf of the entire Windows Phone community when I say that "mini" would be a drastic understatement. ;)

Snow Wight

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
������ I could just guess that. Then probably a mini for Microsoft and the large for us lol. I feel so proud to be a part of this evolution of technology. Born in the late 80's seeing it all. And now you can imagine 3D face scanning. Love you Microsoft. A company built for a purpose. Tick tock tick tock.������������������������
I was born in 1970, so you can imagine how awe struck I am with modern tech! I remember a world with out microwave ovens! Always the early adopter though. I remember using Prestel (an early internet) on a 64k Sinclair Spectrum. We now have more computing power in watches! Love it. Every new advance. Just sucks that one day I will die and not get to see the next thing! Pfft!

EpicIncognitO

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi, Julie. Thank you for sharing your experiences. You may not realize but the advancement of technology in India is almost a difference of 10 years when it comes to certain area. Like we didn't have phones till the early 90's. I remember my dad bought a Motorola set which was as good as any paper weight. Likewise my brother went to the U.S and he got a gift from his friend- a acer laptop with 12gb ram. (12gb ram is not available in Laptops in India) 🎃
I was born in 1970, so you can imagine how awe struck I am with modern tech! I remember a world with out microwave ovens! Always the early adopter though. I remember using Prestel (an early internet) on a 64k Sinclair Spectrum. We now have more computing power in watches! Love it. Every new advance. Just sucks that one day I will die and not get to see the next thing! Pfft!

Angry Pixel

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Any idea if we can download it using phone data? I just shifted to new flat and getting a new internet connection will take a couple of days. Can't wait that long if it releases today. My phone has sufficient data so charges are not a problem.

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

pLUSpISTOL

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Any idea if we can download it using phone data? I just shifted to new flat and getting a new internet connection will take a couple of days. Can't wait that long if it releases today. My phone has sufficient data so charges are not a problem.

Don't see why not brother. There's a tickbox in phone settings to allow download over data "if your data settings allow for it".

dacrazyginger101

May 17, 2013
Visit site

Yes, you can use your data if you want to. You don't need WiFi :)

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Yes, you can use your data if you want to. You don't need WiFi :)

I'm not so sure about that. I think it depends on the carrier, but I know that my AT&T Lumia 1020 isn't allowed to download updates via cellular, WiFi is required. But I think it's a carrier specific thing, so it might be allowed on some carriers, forbidden on others.

xratola

May 9, 2013
Visit site

I have an idea that might work for you:
1) Put out your sim card.
2) Insert it in one friend's phone.
3) Turn on tethering on your friend's phone.
4) Connect through WiFi.
5) Happy update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb