The Waiting Room (WP8.1 Dev Preview)

Status
Not open for further replies.

msxbox

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
hermantj post in this forum how to get Cortana Working it works great in the uk :)

quote...
Good news, got a fix :
Set your language and region and speech to us-english.
Then go check the updates. There is one (it's the language update :) ). Install it. Enjoy Cortana

EDIT : seems to NOT work. Sorry

EDIT2 : it works. BUT in order to make it work, you need to launch it the first time from the app (not the search button).
A Hard reset seems to work too
this should be a link to the thread he posted in
http://forums.windowscentral.com/cortana/274732-2.htm#post2459054

p.s I have also discovered that i needed to remove the us language and add it again, also make sure you click it and click move up so its listed first in the list of languages. ALSO i did not use the cortana app i just used the search button and it works great..

ALSO Word of warning if you change these setting to experiment with Cortana make sure you change them back again for normal operation of your phone, setting all back to your language region etc,, its US only for now, but at least non us can use the workaround but some things will not work the same for your location like the store will be the US one...

Last edited:

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Dam, still have to wait for my phone to come in from Nokia, they are claiming Today or tomorrow but, no tracking number as of now....Still sporting a Touch Pro 2 running WIndows Mobile 6.5.5....Did you know there is not even a working Twitter or Facebook app for this dam thing ? They used to have them both but, they are so outdated they dont even work any more :(

Can't wait till I get to meet my new girl (Cortana)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa