The Waiting Room (WP8.1 Dev Preview)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davulsukur

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm assuming my phone is now screwed? Been checking for updates for over an hour and a half to get the 2nd update and still nothing. Lumia is going against the wall soon.

Arrrggghhh!!!!

hermantj

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
hermantj post in this forum how to get Cortana Working it works great in the uk :)

Good news, got a fix :
Set your language and region and speech to us-english.
Then go check the updates. There is one (it's the language update :) ). Install it. Enjoy Cortana

EDIT : seems to NOT work. Sorry

EDIT2 : it works. BUT in order to make it work, you need to launch it the first time from the app (not the search button).
A Hard reset seems to work too
this should be a link to the thread he posted in
http://forums.windowscentral.com/cortana/274732-2.htm#post2459054

p.s I have also discovered that i needed to remove the us language and add it again, also make sure you click it and click move up so its listed first in the list of languages
Nice finding my message on this forum. BUT I didn't post it here because you know what?
I found this fix here!!!

It actually made my day ;)

Vindies37

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
got her!

for those who cant get cortana even you set US as your region...make sure on the Language setting that the English (united States) is on top... initially i didnt notice that the English (united Kingdom) was on top...so i moved it up and it restarted my phone...and viola! cortana is there! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo