The Waiting Room (WP8.1 Dev Preview)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rad Matic

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Installed on 520. Took a couple of hours. Everything works perfect. Runs snappy. REAL power toggles. Background images look kinda nice if you use an abstract pic. FM Radio has it's own button now. No more universal volume control and it has sliders so you don't have to use the phones buttons. Double tap to wake still works. Data Sense on ATT phone now. LOVE THE SWIPE KB! ACCURATE. IE11 now has compression, yea. And a reading mode. You can install apps on the SD card but my crappy one probably won't do.

Tiles now update every minute so we can have damn CLOCKS.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I thought the third row of tiles would look awesome on my 920 but it ended up looking like a clusterf*ck so Im just keeping the two rows :)

Last edited:

msxbox

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I have updated the instructions to get Cortana working hope it works for you (you don't need to delete any languages)

To get Cortana working you need to (non US)...

1. go to settings then select language (if you have English (United States) make sure it is listed at the top of the list, you need to long press it and choose move up if it is at the bottom, if you only have one language then you don't need to bother moving it, if you don't have English (United States) then select add languages and choose English (United States).. if it doesn't work you may need to delete the English (United States) and add it again selecting add languages you will be asked if you want to install the language just say install or ok, (RESTART PHONE) also it should look something like this

English (United States)
Phone Language: enabled
Regional format: enabled
Speech: enabled
Keyboard: english

2. go to settings and then select region and change country/region to United States and you must also set regional format to United States (RESTART PHONE)

3. go to settings and then select speech and then select speech language and change to English United States (RESTART IF NEEDED)

then restart the phone and Cortana should be working great with the search button

also you should look on your app list cortana should be there then pin it to your start screen, then click it and follow the Cortana Setup

There is now a WPCENTRAL news article by Rich Edmonds with clearer instructions than mine here is a link
http://www.windowscentral.com/want-cortana-outside-us-heres-how

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077