So right now, when someone sends me a message from Facebook, I first get notified on my phone and it shows up as a text. A little bit later, my Facebook live tile will be updated to show that I have a new message and even after that, I get another notification for the same message in Facebook Messenger. I then have to access my Messages, Facebook, and Facebook Messenger. Is there a way to specify what I want to happen when I get a Facebook message? I'm about to uninstall the Facebook Messenger app but I do use it a little bit for certain people. I just don't want to have to check 3 different apps to get the same message, let alone being notified so many times.
    04-08-2014 02:52 PM
    So right now, when someone sends me a message from Facebook, I first get notified on my phone and it shows up as a text. A little bit later, my Facebook live tile will be updated to show that I have a new message and even after that, I get another notification for the same message in Facebook Messenger. I then have to access my Messages, Facebook, and Facebook Messenger. Is there a way to specify what I want to happen when I get a Facebook message? I'm about to uninstall the Facebook Messenger app but I do use it a little bit for certain people. I just don't want to have to check 3 different apps to get the same message, let alone being notified so many times.
    Hello.. for the messaging center: open message app, open more options (3 dots -- bottom of the screen), select settings, turn off fb chat
    04-08-2014 03:00 PM
    for the fb app.. open hamburger (lol --- top right), settings (scroll down), open notifications and set it there :)
    04-08-2014 03:02 PM
    Hello.. for the messaging center: open message app, open more options (3 dots -- bottom of the screen), select settings, turn off fb chat
    By doing that, won't it show me as offline then? I want people to still be able to send me messages from Facebook, I just want to, ideally, only see them in my normal messenger app.
    04-09-2014 06:57 AM
    By doing that, won't it show me as offline then? I want people to still be able to send me messages from Facebook, I just want to, ideally, only see them in my normal messenger app.
    Nope you will still always be on because you now have the separate messenger itself :D
    04-09-2014 02:53 PM
    Here's a different take: I choose the FB chat option on the phone message center since it seems the get notifications quicker (you seem to also have this experience). I also like the integration since it also displays all the other messages I got from that contact (SMS, MS Messenger, etc.) and allows quicker switching to phone call, AND has a much simpler UI.

I turned off the notifications from FB Messenger FB App to reduce clutter. I would switch to FB Messenger if I feel like sending stickers (which I don't).
    04-09-2014 05:13 PM
    Yupp true.. I would still be using the Message app for chatting on fb.. but it got annoying cuz it wouldn't recognize smileys or so and i still ended up going to the browser..
    04-09-2014 05:16 PM