Apps Across Platforms

adam220891

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi all.

I have had a Lumia 521 since September. I recently bought an 8.1 PC. I've purchased apps on my phone and am wondering, is there a way to use these paid apps on my PC, or are they considered totally different apps/platforms?

Secondly, say I have an 8.1 notebook and a desktop. If I buy an app on one, can it be used on the other as well?

I've been having trouble figuring this out.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi all.

I have had a Lumia 521 since September. I recently bought an 8.1 PC. I've purchased apps on my phone and am wondering, is there a way to use these paid apps on my PC, or are they considered totally different apps/platforms?

Secondly, say I have an 8.1 notebook and a desktop. If I buy an app on one, can it be used on the other as well?

I've been having trouble figuring this out.

Hello, this seems to be a problem, because if you buy an app or game for your phone you would have to buy it again for the pc.. However MS has already solved this.. with the 8.1 updates for phone and pc it will be possible to buy an app on one platform and still be abel to use it on a different one :) however it doesn't seem to be clear if this will work for apps that were already purchased before the updates.. after the updates the apps will be available on all platforms

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett