I'm upgrading my Phone in May: 1520 vs 1020

Ian Pasterkiewicz

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
So my birthday is in May & I want a new phone for my birthday being its been a while since my dad got me my current Lumia 920 (a.k.a. my baby). As much as I love my 920 its time for an upgrade. I mainly want a better camera on my phone & the 1520 & 1020 provide just that. I need the upgrade in the camera mainly because I'm going on a trip to the Germanic countries this summer & I want to have a higher quality camera than the one I had on the last trip I went on. I'm very conflicted on the issue because both devices have things I love. My biggest questions to make my decisions are:

*is the photo quality really THAT different between them?
*Is there a big difference in battery life?
*is there a big difference in display quality/brightness?
*Is there a big difference in performance being the 1520 has a better CPU?

I'm leaning toward the 1520 because I like the big screen for texting & the SD slot will be nice for storing all the pics & videos from Europe assuming I will be forced to put the phone on airplane mode as to not use roaming data, assuming I wont be connected to the internet. Also it lacks the big camera protruding out of the 1020, but I will definately deal with it if there's THAT big a difference as 41:20 MP makes it seem.

Thanks in advance.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hahahahah there have been at least 10 similar posts to this one in the last 2 weeks :/ so use the search button and you'll find some.. and you'll find all pro and contra arguments in them.. In short they all come down to buying the 1520 :p

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Probably shoulda done the search before... I'm new to this forum & I'm also very tired today, my logic is broken at the moment it seems...
Lol no problem m8 :p it just seems weird that this is suddenly a thing.. i would go for the 1520 handsdown.. Bigger screen if you don't mind that and all the latest hardware there is!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans