Windows Phone 8.1 Backgrounds and Bing

Coolaaron88

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
So we all know that Windows Phone 8.1 allows for the ability to set a picture as your start screen image but now I'm curious if the Bing Picture of the Day could also feed into that. That would be awesome if so.

AlwaysColtron

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I want the exact same thing! From what I've seen from screenshots of the settings I haven't seen that option but oh boy would I love my lock screen and background image to change daily as the same image!

Coolaaron88

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I want the exact same thing! From what I've seen from screenshots of the settings I haven't seen that option but oh boy would I love my lock screen and background image to change daily as the same image!

Wouldn't that be cool? If it isn't in there, perhaps a GDR will bring it.

anon(5352534)

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Actually it does not make a lot of sense. Tile background image needs proper colors and contrast to show all the info on the tiles clearly. That's why it is very important to select the right image for tile background. Changing it daily would change the user experience on daily basis, some days good and some days not so good. Or it would put some serious limitations on MS for deciding what to use as the daily image. I assume this will be one of those things, where MS would not include a feature in the beginning and thn lots of people would start complaining and finally MS would put it just to shut them up.

AlwaysColtron

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Actually it does not make a lot of sense. Tile background image needs proper colors and contrast to show all the info on the tiles clearly. That's why it is very important to select the right image for tile background. Changing it daily would change the user experience on daily basis, some days good and some days not so good. Or it would put some serious limitations on MS for deciding what to use as the daily image. I assume this will be one of those things, where MS would not include a feature in the beginning and thn lots of people would start complaining and finally MS would put it just to shut them up.
Good point but the same thing could he said with smaller screen phones and having everyone the ability to add extra tiles. It would be nice to have the option. Great thing about it is that you wouldn't need to keep it that way. You could just have it every once in a while if you like a daily imagine. The option would nice is all.

anon(5352534)

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Again, more tiles on small screens were not available since the beginning. They put the feature in after lots of people started requesting it. I get your point but I am just stating how MS works. From the beginning of WP (7) I have seen this pattern. remember the search button before mango? and how that feature was taken away? Same difference was between windows 8 and windows 8.1 search too, if I remember correctly.

AlwaysColtron

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Again, more tiles on small screens were not available since the beginning. They put the feature in after lots of people started requesting it. I get your point but I am just stating how MS works. From the beginning of WP (7) I have seen this pattern. remember the search button before mango? and how that feature was taken away? Same difference was between windows 8 and windows 8.1 search too, if I remember correctly.

I get it but maybe enough people will ask for this feature. I can't imagine it's hard to add or remove such a thing. You never know. Predictions only go so far.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes