A lot of the times a toast notification is long (a text message, a news alert). We swipe to the right to make the toast go away, but what if we could swipe left to scroll through the rest of the text?
    Ek-Balam likes this.
    04-08-2014 11:49 PM
    A lot of the times a toast notification is long (a text message, a news alert). We swipe to the right to make the toast go away, but what if we could swipe left to scroll through the rest of the text?
    The toast notification isn't always for LONG text messages or so :P someone could just message "Hey" and we'd still get notified lol
    but with that out of my system... that would be very handy.. at least it would take away the necessity to tap the notification just to see what the message actually is :/
    however with the notification center coming is this still necessary?
    04-09-2014 12:02 AM
    I don't get you by "but what if we could swipe left to scroll through the rest of the text? "
    if you ignore or swipe the notification , it will be always available in notification centre
    04-09-2014 12:02 AM
    I want to ask
    My 1520 really hot when playing games. Is it normal or not?

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk
    04-09-2014 12:04 AM
    I don't get you by "but what if we could swipe left to scroll through the rest of the text? "
    if you ignore or swipe the notification , it will be always available in notification centre
    Toast notifications are often long that have a lot of text that run off the edge of the screen. If I want to see the rest of the text, I have to tap the notification and open the app. I'm suggesting that swiping the toast notification to the left will allow me to scroll and see the text that gets cut off by the edge of the screen.
    anon(7900571) likes this.
    04-09-2014 12:06 AM
    I want to ask
    My 1520 really hot when playing games. Is it normal or not?

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk
    yes it is.
    jaylani_jasman23 and ven07 like this.
    04-09-2014 12:19 AM
    Toast notifications are often long that have a lot of text that run off the edge of the screen. If I want to see the rest of the text, I have to tap the notification and open the app. I'm suggesting that swiping the toast notification to the left will allow me to scroll and see the text that gets cut off by the edge of the screen.
    ok got you ;) if this was supposed to be Daniel must have showed this but he didn't in detailed review of windows phone 8.1
    04-09-2014 12:20 AM
    I like this idea! Even in the new notification center, I bet part of longer text messages will still be cut off. Also, especailly for apps like Facebook, whatsapp etc... there's an icon next to the message so you see even less of the actual message. Cool thought, I hope MSFT is listening...this would be pretty easy to implement
    04-09-2014 12:23 AM
    eh if the message is long enough that it doesn't fit in the toast I'd rather just tap the toast and go straight to the app to read.
    If only they make taping the toast more reliable when the phone is locked...
    anon(7900571) and Ek-Balam like this.
    04-09-2014 01:40 AM
    Hi all. I seem to have lost my toast messages on my 520. Must have deselected them somehow. Is there any way of re-enabling toast settings in phone's Settings? If so, whereabouts. Thanks. 😀

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk
    04-09-2014 05:01 AM
    Btbam, I see what you're saying, and I understand it, but why? Instead of swiping left, tap it, and you go right to the message, and read the whole thing. Additionally as it is now, even with only seeing part of a text message, there are complaints (valid, I'll add) that the toast notification showing part of the message can be a serious privacy violation, depending on what the message is, since there is no way to prevent a text message toast.
    04-09-2014 01:00 PM
    Btbam, I see what you're saying, and I understand it, but why? Instead of swiping left, tap it, and you go right to the message, and read the whole thing. Additionally as it is now, even with only seeing part of a text message, there are complaints (valid, I'll add) that the toast notification showing part of the message can be a serious privacy violation, depending on what the message is, since there is no way to prevent a text message toast.
    By tapping the toast notification, that causes me to stop what I'm doing completely, as it opens the app. I then have to back out of the app to get back to what I was doing.

I'm not saying this is A MUST. But I think it would be an elegant feature that many would appreciate.
    Ek-Balam likes this.
    04-09-2014 01:22 PM
    That's a good point. I can only see this being likely if they make toasts for texts optional, for the stated privacy reasons, though.
    04-09-2014 01:48 PM
    Tapping on the toast notification automatically opens and displays the rest of the text.
    04-09-2014 01:57 PM
    Tapping on the toast notification automatically opens and displays the rest of the text.
    Read the thread.
    hopmedic, ven07 and anon(7900571) like this.
    04-09-2014 02:02 PM
    I think this idea is very similar to what android does today. Once you get the notification you can drag it down to see the full message (with some limit but good enough for full SMS). Additionally it allows you to take actions on the notifications e.g. Archive/reply etc. right from notification center.

Sent from my RM-821_im_india_443 using Tapatalk
    04-09-2014 11:47 PM