04-12-2014 04:57 AM
37 12
tools
    OneDrive integration on Android and iOS is great. And after you have installed it and open the app for the first time, it asks if you want to save your pictures on it automatically and offers you 3 extra GB for it. I was never asked if I want 3 extra GB for saving my WP pictures on OneDrive.

Exchange integration on iOS is great, for example it supports my multiple calendars perfectly. As far as I've read Android 4.4 caught up in this regard.

I don't know about the music services. I use Spotify, and that the WP Spotify app is crap, that's just a fact. We really don't have to discuss this.
    OneDrive is good. I actually have 25GB on OneDrive but, I never use it.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!
    04-09-2014 09:15 AM
    Its unique! ;)
    04-09-2014 09:20 AM
    Its unique! ;)
    There are millions of Windows Phones out there, it's not unique :P
    04-09-2014 09:53 AM
    This has been discussed in many threads since WP8 launched in 2012. So I would ask what does this thread have that the others don't? I'm pretty sure I already know the answer.
    04-09-2014 10:06 AM
    This has been discussed in many threads since WP8 launched in 2012. So I would ask what does this thread have that the others don't? I'm pretty sure I already know the answer.
    You are right, nothing.

Before you close it, I'd like to emphasize again: I'm very happy with Windows Phone, and even though I might be very critical here, I'll most likely stay with it. It has just a special feel that is unique, and I love the design.
    stmav likes this.
    04-09-2014 10:20 AM
    If a similar thread isn't stickied somewhere, you might want to sticky it instead of deleting it. It is a common discussion topic and most people don't look that hard to find existing topics.
    04-09-2014 10:40 AM
    I believe if you look in the sticky threads at the top of this forum, you'll see two particular ones that should cover both pros and cons.
    04-09-2014 11:40 AM
    What it offers to me that android doesn't is fluid, lag-less, always up to date software, great integration with cloud storage (I really like onedrive integration in WP8 and W8.1, much more than dropbox or google drive (which I never liked)), and offline navigation out of the box (with voice).
    I find the UX less cluttered (except settings, they need to organize that a bit), there's only what you need on the screen and nothing more (when it comes to OS and stock apps at least) though lots of 3rd party apps follow this model, which brings me to the next point, nice consistency in user experience. There's pivot, panorama and ... menu, I instantly know how to use a new app. Android was full of iOS ports or just strange looking apps.
    I prefer live tiles to widgets, because of consistency. On android some widgets still followed the 2.3 design, some were up to date with ICS (and later) design, and some used something completely different. On WP you either get a nice text on the color of your theme, or on a nice picture or enlarged icon. I like tiles. The only two I would maybe miss are quick toggles (tough I rarely switch anything off, I'd only need it for toggling vibrate and internet sharing (which wasn't available on android anyway)) and a music player controls, but WP solved this in a much neater way.
    There are all my personal thoughts and reasons why I'll stick to WP for a while. It still has it's perks (stuff on clipboard disappears after a while, random reboots, excessive heating), but overall I like it.

I also really like the way apps are organized in the 'app drawer+', I find the grid annoying and labels under icons too small. I find an app way quicker on WP then on android.

source: Lumia 925 and Nexus 7 (2012) (and my previous galaxy spica and xperia arc s)
    04-09-2014 04:04 PM
    Speeeed
    04-10-2014 06:33 AM
    Killer feature for me, is the ability to have texts read, and answered, without ever touching the phone. This went back to at least WP7.5 too!
    It's especially useful in the car, as I have it set to do this only when on wired/bluetooth only. I'll get a text, I can have it read or ignore it. I can then answer (it reads back what it thought I said, and I can then try again or send it). I have not found a useable solution to this on Android (some apps come close, but the transcription isn't so good) or IOS.
    04-10-2014 10:30 AM
    Killer feature for me, is the ability to have texts read, and answered, without ever touching the phone. This went back to at least WP7.5 too!
    It's especially useful in the car, as I have it set to do this only when on wired/bluetooth only. I'll get a text, I can have it read or ignore it. I can then answer (it reads back what it thought I said, and I can then try again or send it). I have not found a useable solution to this on Android (some apps come close, but the transcription isn't so good) or IOS.
    Moto X has this.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!
    04-10-2014 10:51 AM
    I quit using car mode SMS after a few buddies exploited its handiness at inappropriate times... Then it was embarrassing, looking back, hilarious.
    04-12-2014 04:57 AM
37 12