If wp8.1 is out, can i download it through pc?

Romer Reyes

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
If yes, What program can I use to download this update? Please help! :)

I dont have a Wifi connection and when I tried Connectify and other programs that can turn my PC into a hotspot, the Check for updates always shows error.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
WP8.1 is not out. It's W8.1 update 1 that is out and you need a internet connection to get it.

For WP8.1 you need WiFi to download it as it's an over the air update (OTA). There is no other way to get it. The dev preview of WP8.1 will be out this month sometime.

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
If you have a Lumia, wait until official Nokia Wp8.1 updates for your phone to roll out. Then, install Nokia Software Updater (NSU) on your PC. You can use this software to download and install latest firmware for your phone connected via USB. There are two downsides for this approach:
1. You will not getting Dev Preview. Only the released firmware from Nokia for your specific model.
2. It will wipe your phone clean. You will have to re-setup everything on your phone.

I assume you are using a workplace connection on your PC. That's why Connectify thing doesn't work out because your workplace has firewall that will block most of these traffic. And probably will block NSU from getting firmware as well.

Romer Reyes

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
If you have a Lumia, wait until official Nokia Wp8.1 updates for your phone to roll out. Then, install Nokia Software Updater (NSU) on your PC. You can use this software to download and install latest firmware for your phone connected via USB. There are two downsides for this approach:
1. You will not getting Dev Preview. Only the released firmware from Nokia for your specific model.
2. It will wipe your phone clean. You will have to re-setup everything on your phone.

I assume you are using a workplace connection on your PC. That's why Connectify thing doesn't work out because your workplace has firewall that will block most of these traffic. And probably will block NSU from getting firmware as well.

Nope man, its becuase im only using a broadband stick :)

Ali Assaedi

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
if ur using a laptop, or ur PC has a wireless card.. then u can google how to create a wireless network from ur PC, to share ur broadband USB stick's internet :)

j o e l

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I seem to remember I was able to install one of the past updates with just the cellular data connection. I guess it depends oh how big the update is(?). Is the limit 100MB now? However, it sounds like 8.1 will be a big fat one...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss