Help retrieval of information -touch doesn't work

bengan

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
My friend somehow was able to crack the screen on my 620 and now the touch doesn't work. Everything else seems to work fine, but I can't do anything with it without touch.
I now have a new 620 and would like to retrieve or somehow transfer the settings/data from my broken 620 to the new one. When connecting it to the computer it asks me to unlock it (which I cannot do) before I can access it :(

Is there any way for me to work around this?

jjmurphy

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Did you have cloud backup turned on? If so, when you put in your MS account into the new phone, it'll ask if you want to restore from a backup. That should restore most things to your phone settings wise. You'll need to download your apps again.

bengan

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Unfourtunately I haven't. But I'll make sure to have that turned on from now on, seems like a good feature now that I need it :)

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Unfourtunately I haven't. But I'll make sure to have that turned on from now on, seems like a good feature now that I need it :)

My sister said the same thing the day she lost her phone and I told her to just use Find My Phone. "Ohhh, that is a neat feature; too bad I didn't know about it yesterday!" haha

I think the only thing you really can do is get a new screen for it. If it makes you feel any better...you can't really transfer app data or settings anyway, so no loss there...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos