Finding a lost phone

phaide

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
In Settings, there is an option called Find My Phone. In there, you'll find an option that says, "Save my phone's location periodically and before the battery runs out to make it easier to find." Does this setting have to be enabled for me to track my phone if I lose it? or can I GPS it on windowsphone.com regardless of whether the settings is on or off?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
In Settings, there is an option called Find My Phone. In there, you'll find an option that says, "Save my phone's location periodically and before the battery runs out to make it easier to find." Does this setting have to be enabled for me to track my phone if I lose it? or can I GPS it on windowsphone.com regardless of whether the settings is on or off?

Welcome!

Personally I ticked that option just in case.
It is however not necessary for tracking.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hello, to actually be able to track your phone when it is lost you can select both those options.. the first one is up to you, but just do it :p This guarantees you that the service (find my phone) will work :)
after you're done go to the website and check :p

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
In my phone the "save my phone location periodically" option is not there . Am from India nd using L520

Like we said that should't be a real problem, but just a personal choice.. you should be safe by only selecting the first option.. Think about it.. for the site to send an app to your phone it first needs to know where your phone is located and which phone you are using otherwise we could just use the site to install apps that aren't accessible for our region :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett