WP8.1 coming early next week!

Ankmeyester

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
No, i don't think their servers can handle that much bandwith at the same time. They will do the same as with W8.1 update 1

this is a dev preview. It has a much smaller user base. Less than or equal to 100,000 people. Similar to the last dev preview update, everyone will get it at the same time.

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Last night I arranged / resized my tiles to corresponde on having action centre. No need for sms/email/fb messenger/whatsapp tiles to be in the biggest size...

Bring it on already :D

Lumis90

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
It will be available on tuesday as windows 8.1 update was also released on tuesday and its early next week as well as first part of april..
nope, It'll be available on Monday. GDR3 preview was released on Monday, so Monday would be the day for WP8 updates or dev previews, and Tuesday for Windows 8.1 updates

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
What i mean is for the developer.. Still not the same for all countries? Thank you. :D
I said previously, it requires quite amount of bandwith. For example W8.1 update got released in UK and after that i still had to wait 1 hour to reach my country(Lithuania)

There will be a short delay, depends where you live

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Ok all, this is the final leg of the journey. People can be pessimistic all that want, but WP8.1 Developer Preview WILL LAUNCH on Monday April 14th, 2014.

It will be nice to see how things roll out from my end. :)

Take Care All! :)

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand how people can be so excited by features that android and ios already have.

There will be a slew of Siri vs. Cortana vids popping up after Monday. We'll see how things stack up. :)

Yes, Android and IOS have had many of these features, but one thing people need to understand is that those platforms are a LOT more mature than Windows Phone. Now, taking that into account and seeing how far WP has come, it's pretty exciting.

Yes, Android grew at a staggering pace and things were added all the time, however, if you put 2 Galaxy S4's side by side after they have been used for a month and do similar tasks on them, they will all react and perform differently. This is because users will install different apps and activate different features which will hit the performance of the device. Not to mention if you put differing manufactures devices together, you will get vastly differing performances.

Whereas, Windows Phone will perform smoothly and reliably across all devices. Sure, app launch speeds will differ because of hardware, but once loaded, performance will be on-par with one another and the general feel of the UI will always be smooth.

This is one of the many reasons why I dumped Android in favor of Windows Phone.

Now, just because I work for Microsoft does not mean that I am drinking the cool-aid, I started here with a Samsung Galaxy Note and was REALLY popular and active on Android Forums here (was even a moderator), but after having a chance to play with and use WP8 before launch and seeing what it could do, it really was a better fit for my lifestyle and usage. Not to mention, to me, beautiful. I have not regretted it since.

Sorry this got so long winded. I just stand firmly behind our products and brands. If asked, I will tell you the good and bad, because it's not always good. I'll tell you truthfully if a product/service we have isn't up to par, but I will tell the other side of the coin too.

rcazador

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Ok all, this is the final leg of the journey. People can be pessimistic all that want, but WP8.1 Developer Preview WILL LAUNCH on Monday April 14th, 2014.

It will be nice to see how things roll out from my end. :)

Take Care All! :)
Thanks for the screenshots and info, any idea what time on the 14th?

muvig

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I have 200 educational video clips (learning Visual Basic), a few musical and documentary videos,
they are in their respective folders as viewed on PC (as per my desire), but when you open the videos' folder on phone, all the videos are just dumped in one very long list/FOLDER,
all the folders I would have put them are not shown.
Scrolling them to get to the last one is a nail in the fresh, there is no faster way of getting to the bottom,
there is no way to delete more than one file/video at once, its only possible using a PC,

Is WP8.1 going to address these shortcomings?, I have LM920

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the screenshots and info, any idea what time on the 14th?

I wish I knew when they were going to flip the switch... >.<

I have 200 educational video clips (learning Visual Basic), a few musical and documentary videos,
they are in their respective folders as viewed on PC (as per my desire), but when you open the videos' folder on phone, all the videos are just dumped in one very long list/FOLDER,
all the folders I would have put them are not shown.
Scrolling them to get to the last one is a nail in the fresh, there is no faster way of getting to the bottom,
there is no way to delete more than one file/video at once, its only possible using a PC,

Is WP8.1 going to address these shortcomings?, I have LM920

I don't have the latest bits for the Music/Video apps, so I can't say. :(

SoullessOnyx

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Why are people saying it is releasing on Monday? It has been confirmed to be releasing early next week, for all we know that could be Wednesday.

dhruvz

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I have my fren who got it on his phone...i m huge Nokia fan...but wp8.1 is just OKAY...,they made good show in build 2014, in reality...its just 3-4 new things :/
Sent from my Cyan Lumia 920 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99