Concerned about Xbox Music

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm scared Windows Phone 8.1 won't be an improvement over 8's Music Hub, which is alredy pretty bad.

But it seems like the biggest change they made was just separating music and video. The new Xbox Music app is HORRIBLE. Does anybody know if they changed anything else? Daniel's video didn't really go into the music experience.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
The biggest change here is that Xbox Music will not be an app, which means MS can add features a heck of a lot more quickly. There is hope.

In Limbo

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the club buddy. I loath that new Xbox Music app. I appreciate the concept of making it a standalone app (to make updates easier and more frequent). The issue though is that it's simply not attractive at all.

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
My issue is that it doesn't work as intended. It doesn't read my album art, and when I scroll through it, it says it's "Loading..." the artist names. What? For real?

Ali Assaedi

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
my issue is , that constant signup reminder.. im not even sure if i can use it without an account or not , since i just ditched it as soon as my xbox music trail ran out

mindfrost82

Aug 27, 2009
Visit site
I have the same concerns. The new Xbox Music app seems to have more quirks than the old hub did, although it does sync my playlists better than the hub. The Radio feature is really lacking compared to the new iTunes Radio. You can't add multiple artists to create a station and you can't like or dislike a song to customize a station.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I really am peeved that in order to get your playlists to sync using the new app, you have to have a Xbox music account. I cannot justify that cost just for play lists.

Bogi Georgiev

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully the Xbox music app we have in the marketplace at the moment is just there as a preview, and when WP8.1 comes out, it will come with a greatly improved version. Right now i just use the music and video hub, but it bugs me how it doesn't get album and artist artwork, even when the music is from a CD, hopefully in 8.1 this is fixed

abhishake620

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully the Xbox music app we have in the marketplace at the moment is just there as a preview, and when WP8.1 comes out, it will come with a greatly improved version. Right now i just use the music and video hub, but it bugs me how it doesn't get album and artist artwork, even when the music is from a CD, hopefully in 8.1 this is fixed
the way I found a work around for this was to use MEDIA GO a software from Sony it uses gracenote to tag everything properly and it really works in displaying it properly year,artists etc all the meta data....want more? it even gives you the ability to manually edit it .....

Bogi Georgiev

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
the way I found a work around for this was to use MEDIA GO a software from Sony it uses gracenote to tag everything properly and it really works in displaying it properly year,artists etc all the meta data....want more? it even gives you the ability to manually edit it .....

Omg thank you, you are a life saviour! :D

Adriaan NL

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site

I'd recommend Mp3tag - I think it's from a German company, and it's a light and easy to use program. It adds tags+album covers.

I wonder, does that "Media Go" work smoothly? My experience with Sony software is that it's slow, buggy, and features ugly designs. My dad has a VAIO laptop and there's only horrible and unnecessary stuff on it that bears the Sony logo. He also has a Sony camera, which comes with horrid software.

abhishake620

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I'd recommend Mp3tag - I think it's from a German company, and it's a light and easy to use program. It adds tags+album covers.

I wonder, does that "Media Go" work smoothly? My experience with Sony software is that it's slow, buggy, and features ugly designs. My dad has a VAIO laptop and there's only horrible and unnecessary stuff on it that bears the Sony logo. He also has a Sony camera, which comes with horrid software.

It is a full featured video audio player with the ability to resize video before transferring to phones..... Yes it loads in 30 seconds and then on works seemlessly... Give it a try

Adriaan NL

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
It is a full featured video audio player with the ability to resize video before transferring to phones..... Yes it loads in 30 seconds and then on works seemlessly... Give it a try

Loads in 30 secs? That's why too long, that's the boot time of a complete OS... And why would you want to resize videos? Usually they're in 16:9 aspect ratio already!

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Dear god media go. I used it all the time with my sony ericsson W910i. Laggy, slow, ugly software.

​But it does work, i'll give it that.

abhishake620

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Loads in 30 secs? That's why too long, that's the boot time of a complete OS... And why would you want to resize videos? Usually they're in 16:9 aspect ratio already!
say if its in mkv it will convert and then transfer it to phone and syncing music is also seamless put it into library it goes to phone next time without having to do anything( sure many others do it but I have a thing for this one) .... All photos are properly imported and or exported too.....

Oranges123

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Now that 8.1 is available interested to find out if there are any changes to the xbox music app. The current hub being replaced may not be great with missing artwork and creating playlists but the current app to replace it is worse. Its one area to wp will be worse off with this update if the music app is not improved with 8.1, it doesn't even have a live tile like music+videos hub.

boo516

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Xbox music on 8.1

Just got my update and wanted to listen to some music. I noticed that the app had changed from Music+Video to just Music however I noticed that it was almost a rehashed version of the old xbox music app. It's slow and takes forever to load any music, even music on my phone takes 30 secs to fully load. Anyone else bothered by this?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077