Gears: Can't wait to see those

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Gears: for Windows Phone 8.1 install. The Lumia 920 is waiting.
I'm considering doing a reset before 8.1. Anyone else considered resetting their Windows Phone for this? Its what I would do when I install an update to Windows. I rather not do upgrades. Better a fresh and full install.

Preview_Developers_GDR3_Gringing_Gears.jpg

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Haha these gears always freaks me out. I don't want to see them when I update. I am thinking to do a fresh install (I don't care for saved games , I don't play them anymore ).

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Same here. I also might. Of course that'll depend on the mood. If I'm in a fighting mood and want to redo everything, then hello gears

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

MARKjotep

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
isnt just the same? If you reset your phone, current settings will be backed up and restored once update is done 😁

however, I do get your point, you dont want to wait that long once the update is installed. , 😊

abhishake620

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Reset before update as resetting later kills the excitement ...when you could have explored new features you will be impatiently seeing the gears again ....God forbid it goes into loop while installing.....then everyone of yours WP friends would be like did you install it and you no seeing the gears of doom....:p

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Reset before update as resetting later kills the excitement ...when you could have explored new features you will be impatiently seeing the gears again ....God forbid it goes into loop while installing.....then everyone of yours WP friends would be like did you install it and you no seeing the gears of doom....:p
Not the kind of excitement I'm looking for. lol

Narathan

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Going to reset my 8X before and after the 8.1 update I think. Had some troubles with draining battery and other hiccups when I updated to GDR3, better start fresh imho. Won't reset my Lumia 928 though, that one seemed just fine.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
My phone is out to Nokia for a swap, I should get it back mid to end of next week. So, sad to say, I dont think I will have a choice besides doing a clean install. Setup phone, unlock, setup dev tools, take 8.1 then install all my apps....

And the worst part of this....right now as I NEEDED a phone, I have a old Verizon XV6875 Touch Pro 2 that I am FORCED to use(per my wife)....Windows Mobile 6.5 !

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
My phone is out to Nokia for a swap, I should get it back mid to end of next week. So, sad to say, I dont think I will have a choice besides doing a clean install. Setup phone, unlock, setup dev tools, take 8.1 then install all my apps....

And the worst part of this....right now as I NEEDED a phone, I have a old Verizon XV6875 Touch Pro 2 that I am FORCED to use(per my wife)....Windows Mobile 6.5 !

windows mobile 6.5 umm I have some good old memories with that platform ;)

Last edited:

MARKjotep

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
not sure about this though.

I've read somewhere that we can back up app datas on onedrive. Is it included on 8.1 update or there's a capability at WP8 that I am not yet aware of?

I dont want to lose my game data. Specially RAYMAN fiesta run!!

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
not sure about this though.

I've read somewhere that we can back up app datas on onedrive. Is it included on 8.1 update or there's a capability at WP8 that I am not yet aware of?

I dont want to lose my game data. Specially RAYMAN fiesta run!!

I feel you on the game data. For me this update is more important than any accumulated game data. I don't want there to be poorly developed app interfering with 8.1. I'm already worried that my Lumia 920 might not be up to snuff for this update so I plan to reinstall my apps with some patience.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss