Gears: Can't wait to see those

willybraatlund

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I usually reset my phone with new updates. Almost feels like I get a new phone, but if I do it this time, I loose 6tindr. Like last time I lost Swapchat haha

markk132

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I think resetting after an update is overkill on windows phone. Its a clean OS, not much clutter, just delete any excess apps and do a little spring cleaning and you're good to go

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I think resetting after an update is overkill on windows phone. Its a clean OS, not much clutter, just delete any excess apps and do a little spring cleaning and you're good to go
Hey, it's a bit of OCD creeping in, that's all.

Personally, I never (hard) reset my phone (unless there's a major software problem). It's tough living without a microSD card. I let the update take care of cleaning up for me.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
A hard reset isn't a bad idea along with this 8.1 update (before or after). Tis the only way as said above to clear out that "other" storage. Not to mention the space needed to download and install the update itself.
Oh and thank god we have a progress bar with those gears now eh?

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I will do a reset before and after. Before, so that all my data gets deleted and the "migrating data" step is fast. After, because I want to start afresh with 8.1

kingenu

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
just to go on the update topic a bit, how much space are you leaving for the update? i'm thinking 3.5GB just to be safe

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
System reset... 168 hours later, cogs still there. Haha

I know its happened to some and it will make you gunshy about ever doing it again. Same kind of thing with me and Amazing Weather HD. It works for some but it breaks my live tiles on my phone. So I will never install that app on my phone ever again. I've never had an issue with hard resets myself.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I know its happened to some and it will make you gunshy about ever doing it again. Same kind of thing with me and Amazing Weather HD. It works for some but it breaks my live tiles on my phone. So I will never install that app on my phone ever again. I've never had an issue with hard resets myself.

Haha. Never had mine last that long. Longest I got was 20 hours before I went "Sod it!" and started hard flashing firmware on. Worked for me. But yeah, sometimes it definitely is a case of YMMV.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa