"ME Tile" in Windows Phone 8.1

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Does Windows Phone 8.1 not have the "ME" tile? None of the screenshots or videos I have seen till now have the "ME" tile.

Since Facebook and Twitter are now separate apps, wonder what the ME tile would show anyways.

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Does Windows Phone 8.1 not have the "ME" tile? None of the screenshots or videos I have seen till now have the "ME" tile.

Since Facebook and Twitter are now separate apps, wonder what the ME tile would show anyways.
It probably got removed, just like on W8

Im_Q

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
The me tile is still there in the emulator at least. And from the BUILD sessions that I've watched, I'm fairly confident it'll be there when it's released. It allows posting to fb and twitter using the share contract found in windows 8.1

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
The me tile is still there in the emulator at least. And from the BUILD sessions that I've watched, I'm fairly confident it'll be there when it's released. It allows posting to fb and twitter using the share contract found in windows 8.1

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

If it's there in the emulator, it would be there on the phone too, I think. What does it show on the emulator when you click on it? Does it show any notifications?

Is there any use of having it pinned to the Start screen anymore? Currently it shows me my Facebook notifications

Im_Q

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I can't check right now since I'm at work. But from my memory, it looks basically identical to today. Though you can only post to one social network at a time (due to how the share contract works) and you have to pin it from the people hub. It's not pinned by default. I'll have to see about notifications, I didn't link my fb or twitter when I was playing with it.

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I can't check right now since I'm at work. But from my memory, it looks basically identical to today. Though you can only post to one social network at a time (due to how the share contract works) and you have to pin it from the people hub. It's not pinned by default. I'll have to see about notifications, I didn't link my fb or twitter when I was playing with it.

That's fine. We'll all know in 3 days anyways :grin:

Victoroos

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
It actually was told somewhere. There will be one. Except that when posting updates to social networks, it gives you quick access to the apps post screen (like fb, or twitter ) and you can select what app you want to use for quick access. So check inn for foursquare, and statuses for fb or twitter :)

Bogi Georgiev

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Really sad about it only letting you post to either Facebook or twitter at a time, posting to both simultaneously is one of the most used features on my phone right now, hopefully they can bring that function back

Im_Q

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Really sad about it only letting you post to either Facebook or twitter at a time, posting to both simultaneously is one of the most used features on my phone right now, hopefully they can bring that function back

While I liked the convenience, it won't like come back. The reason it was possible previously was because Microsoft was handling the communication with the social media. Now, with the share contract, the OS is only passing the text that you entered to the app and then the app handles the posting and processing. Thus means the app needs to be open and only one can be at a time. It is theoretically possible to write an app to hook into this that provides multiple social networks but that would require effort from third party app devs.

Bogi Georgiev

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
While I liked the convenience, it won't like come back. The reason it was possible previously was because Microsoft was handling the communication with the social media. Now, with the share contract, the OS is only passing the text that you entered to the app and then the app handles the posting and processing. Thus means the app needs to be open and only one can be at a time. It is theoretically possible to write an app to hook into this that provides multiple social networks but that would require effort from third party app devs.

aaaahh ok, that makes sense! Oh well, I'll live without it :p

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I read about that but I am not a developer

Lol you my friend are an honest person!!! :p Hahah most of the people registering as dev's arent dev's... So you can see this dev preview as a backdoor into a world that isn't perfect yet.. If a lot of people get the update MS will have more feedback on what is wrong or what can be better.. This gets them ready for the global release

Im_Q

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Just double checked the emulator, there's no notification pivot. I also can't seem to add Facebook as an integrated account. But twitter is there. Everything Facebook seems to be hooked in from the app for 8.1. Weird that twitter isn't the same case

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo