So I bought the Lumia 920 about 2 weeks ago brand new and within the first 10 min of using it I noticed that there was a loud rattling sound coming out of the phone whenever it would vibrate.

I ended up returning the phone and getting the Lumia 925, also brand new. Everything was fine until I noticed the phone was getting very hot. It actually hurts my hand and all I was doing was browsing the web. Not to mention the battery life really sucked. So I am going to return this one but I don't know if I should get another windows phone. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE OS but the defects ruin the phone.

I was thinking HTC 8x or another 925 with better luck maybe. What problems does the HTC 8x have? And what do you think the chances are I get another defected 925 from a different vendor? I really love windows but they've got me stretched pretty thin so I might switch back to android, sadly.

Any and all advice welcome. Please and thank you!
    04-11-2014 01:36 PM
    Phone can get quite hot when the connection isn't very strong, as it will continue to "try" to find a stronger signal, if signal is very strong then usually restarting/soft reset could solve the problem (let the phone rest for like, a min when you turn it off though, so it can cool down). In terms of battery, the first couple charges/days are typically not great, but gets MUCH better after a week or so of usage. I personally would stay with Nokia, the camera, customer service and the continuous software/app support is definitely worth it.
    chris88492 likes this.
    04-11-2014 01:46 PM
    I would stay with the phone you like, even if you get a bad apple (no pun intended) out of the gate. There are a ton of people with 920s and 925s that have no problems with them. I have had a 920 since release and it's never given me anything but solid performance.
    chris88492 likes this.
    04-11-2014 01:50 PM
    8x is known to have texting issues. sometimes i thinks 3 or 4 tries before the message is sent, thats using built in text, whatsapp always worked but if you dont have any friends then there is no issue cause you will be texting no one
    04-11-2014 01:58 PM
    It may be a good idea to make sure the device is running the latest firmware, because battery life and heating problems have been improved since launch. Go into settings, scroll down to phone update and press the Check for Updates box.

If it says updates are available connect to Wi-Fi and make sure you have a full battery before starting.
    BobLobIaw likes this.
    04-11-2014 02:13 PM
    U you love the OS then get one of the new Nokia devices as the 925/920 have extremely bad build/component issues.
    04-11-2014 02:17 PM
    So to make things clear, the majority of 925 owners don't have defects, right? I will probably just get another 925. I just hope I have better luck this time.

And to whoever asked, yes I have the latest updates.
    04-11-2014 02:26 PM
    So to make things clear, the majority of 925 owners don't have defects, right? I will probably just get another 925. I just hope I have better luck this time.

And to whoever asked, yes I have the latest updates.
    3-4 weeks with a 925 and no hardware quality problems here.
    I voluntarily do a maintenance reboot weekly easy to do and keeps the OS from glitching IMO.

The 925 will heat up with certain apps "OneShot" comes to mind.
    Maybe I'm just bedazzled, yet the Nokia seems top notch in all areas.

I have an 8X also it's a nice phone.
    Bought used the phone looked new from refurb seller then the battery went flat and wouldn't recharge.
    It's in pieces on my project bench I haven't messed with it since getting the 925.

Best of luck to you there chris...
    04-11-2014 04:29 PM
    mate have you considered the ativ s? i had the 920 and 925 as we;l before getting the ativ s, my 920 had scree burn at around the top and 925 had weird streaks of lines, so far ativ s has been all good
    04-11-2014 04:34 PM
    My 925 also have a bad build quality. The rattling is probably the lenses (they are built into a little box controlled by magnetic = the optic stabilizer which is ment to be loose).

Non nokia miss here drive/navigation , also the wp support might not be so great since all the others sell many androids. .. and is not owned by Microsoft

Sendt fra min GT-I9300 med Tapatalk
    04-11-2014 04:49 PM
    I read you could download Nokia Drive for the HTC 8X
    04-11-2014 06:37 PM
    @chris88492,
    I have an 8X and all I can say is I'm really happy with it, especially considering the price I got it for.
    Hasn't got spoilt, despite having been dropped almost everyday, and sometimes even high heights.
    in good lighting situations, it's camera is really very good. I get amazing sunset shots and flower macros.
    I have absolutely no issues except that it gets hot with continued gaming.
    Battery life is average, but it'll last a day minimum, after GDR3.
    And yes, you must stick with Windows Phone as it is a delightful, simple and stable OS.
    With 8.1 the OS gets better and resolves most problems I had with it. Also, Nokia's Here Drive is downloadable for 8x, but only in 8.1.
    Guytronic and chris88492 like this.
    04-12-2014 01:12 AM