Patiently waiting for WP 8.1 update.

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I have been saying this all day... Monday, April 14th, the Dev Preview will roll out (I do not have a time). If it does not drop on the 14th, then I am going to find these people that send out these damn announcements and strangle them (and I will get a Vid of it for all of you, as I am being carted off to jail for attempted murder).

That's what I'm talking about. Taking one for the team. I salute you! Lol

eruptflail

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
MS never gave us an official date. It isn't their fault you're listening to people who don't know what they're talking about. Belfiore said early next week, so I'm assuming sometime before wednesday. It'll happen when it happens. Until then, do something else. Your phone should give you a sense of excitement, but it shouldn't influence your mood.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
April 2 rumors were actually April fools. Then after that April 8 rumors were also actually April fools. Now what? Is April 14 and 15 also April fools?

As for me now even though I am very disappointed, I am patiently waiting for the WP 8.1 update. When ever man.

How about you?

What April 8th rumors? The only word about April 8th was that they would need to complete work and have the update certified by 4/8 if a release within the first half of the month was going to occur.

That wasn't false at all...

But tweets were the source for April 2 and April 8. Now April 14 or 15. What then if twitter is liar?

Yes, tweets from random people who claimed to have information. The tweet being referred to regarding a release early next week came directly from Joe Belfiore at Microsoft.

Context and source are important things to consider...

I have Sprint... So yeah.. only got one update for my HTC Arrive and had to wait longer than most carriers for Windows Phone 8... I am quite patient now.. Just glad I can grab it through the Preview instead of waiting for Summer like Sprint said (if they keep to their word)

I actually left Sprint over how they treated HTC Arrive users, as I was one myself. Great phone...but lousy support from Sprint.

mike13ftw

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I want to wake up tomorrow and see everywhere that the update is available for download . But first I have to do a factory reset because of the stupid other storage

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

DreadVenom

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I want to wake up tomorrow and see everywhere that the update is available for download . But first I have to do a factory reset because of the stupid other storage

I tthink this update might have a positive impact on other storage. When i updated my 1020&920 to update3, my other storage reduced dramatically. Fingers crossed this will happen again.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I tthink this update might have a positive impact on other storage. When i updated my 1020&920 to update3, my other storage reduced dramatically. Fingers crossed this will happen again.

That's because other categories were more accurately represented. The actual total storage used remained the same. You just were seeing less listed as 'other'.

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site

Yes. The count down begins today. Wow it feels like a New Year count down. Amazingly this an awesome feeling. 16 hrs to go.

DreadVenom

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
That's because other categories were more accurately represented. The actual total storage used remained the same. You just were seeing less listed as 'other'.

im not sure what you mean, can you explain further. For my devices, my total memory used decreased even though the content on the devices stayed the same. The only area that changed was the information that represented by "other".

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
im not sure what you mean, can you explain further. For my devices, my total memory used decreased even though the content on the devices stayed the same. The only area that changed was the information that represented by "other".
I'm not sure how I can be clearer, but I can try. :)

Between GDR2 and GDR3 Microsoft determined that some storage that was being reported as 'other' didn't really belong in that category. So they changed how the categories report their storage. This means that 'other' reports less space used for that category. You may also see a small difference in total space used because they also determined that some files can be cleared out safely.

However it is a small amount and the numbers should be nearly identical...just reported differently per category due to more accurate reporting.

MaXi32

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
It seems like Microsoft won't release dev preview update of WP 8.1. They will make it official and everybody can get it straight on that day. Just my opinion.

DreadVenom

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure how I can be clearer, but I can try. :)

Between GDR2 and GDR3 Microsoft determined that some storage that was being reported as 'other' didn't really belong in that category. So they changed how the categories report their storage. This means that 'other' reports less space used for that category. You may also see a small difference in total space used because they also determined that some files can be cleared out safely.

However it is a small amount and the numbers should be nearly identical...just reported differently per category due to more accurate reporting.

thanks and yes, that was definitely clearer and understandable. Nice one. Now roll on Monday :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers