What do you think the next step for the Metro UI is?

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi All

What do you think the next step is for the Metro UI the news recently been about interactive live tiles which make sense for next step for the Metro UI to allow more control and information from a tile.

What else do you think will improve the Metro UI, having live tiles the same for Windows Phones, Windows RT and Windows 8.1+, having legacy desktop apps work in metro?

Musaib124

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi All

What do you think the next step is for the Metro UI the news recently been about interactive live tiles which make sense for next step for the Metro UI to allow more control and information from a tile.

What else do you think will improve the Metro UI, having live tiles the same for Windows Phones, Windows RT and Windows 8.1+, having legacy desktop apps work in metro?

it should come to windowsphone too.. Interactive live tiles

rodan01

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
They need to improve the discoverability of the interface. For example the three points in the lower right corner of the Mail app help people to know there is something there they could use. That cue should be added to more apps.
Live tiles could link directly to the story they are showing, now they open the app always in the main screen.
Interactive live tiles to do some quick tasks without having to open the app.

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
This is a pretty small feature, but W8.x should be like WP with the tiles where it's not contained by filling up a column to place tiles, but placing them anywhere on the start screen. For example, on the start screen, on one row of the grid for possible tile placement, there could be a medium-sized tile separated by a medium-sized tile space and then another tile on the right of that space. In the current setup, the tile on the right of the space would be shifted to be right next to the other.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Just thinking a bit here.
While at the desktop with an RT to my right the flipping tiles can be somewhat irritating.
Be nice if perhaps when the tile updated it brightened slightly or animated in some other less noticeable fashion.

I'm guessing however with more tile features will come the need for heavier duty hardware.
Then we might be sitting here staring at very expensive devices with awesome UI features.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I think the next step for the Metro UI will be more experimentation around the tiles. I think MS should re-examine the hubs and see if they can adapt them to other areas of the Windows ecosystem, because we all love our hubs, right?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss