What about the solid tiles ?

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Well i was looking at my home screen today, imagining how it would be with skinned parallax tiles. I noticed that majority of those tiles have solid backgrounds and thus i might not be able to enjoy the parallax fully.
The main ones which would look bad:
Music (when not playing anything, i love the artist image thing otherwise)
OneNote
Nokia Camera (i still have it pinned)
Nokia Refocus
Here maps
Here drive
Blink
Office Lens
Office
MyAppFree (though i open it just once a day)
Maxthon
Viber
Music Drop
Surfy
App social
And lastly, the photos hub. I love love love its tile, but it would look odd maybe, and i dont want to remove it.

So what does everyone think about it ? Solid tiles ? Are they going to spoil the fun ? It seems so for me, and i dont want to disable the background image of the tiles either. Lets see..

Gorki247

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I actually prefer it if certain apps keep their original tile. That way they stand out, making them easier to find. Especially now that we can have more tiles on our screen.

In my opinion a good developer will give the end-user the choice between their chosen design or the user's theme (or background).

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Hope so ! (last line) I didn't mention vieather in my list even though it is orange on my phone, because the developer gives us an option in its case. Lets hope all major developers (ESPECIALLY NOKIA !!! I HATE THEIR FIXED PINK/PURPLE TILES !!) give us that option, or instead simply make their tiles transparent.

2tomtom

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I think I will have a look at how this works for me as I really love the current tiles I have. I lay them out and choose the sizes and think, yep, that combination looks awesome. Once some tiles are transparent and some not, mmmm, will probably not work for me but will give it a try.

Guess I will only know for sure once I try. Have the Preview for Developers installed so won't be long now ��

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Plus, you're losing the cool music+video hub tile anyway...

does Xbox music not have that artist picture tile ? Btw what i remember is that the music tile stays the same (saw in a screenshot of rubino's phone) but it is now renamed to only music. I'm afraid you're wrong there, the tile is staying ! :)

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
I think I will have a look at how this works for me as I really love the current tiles I have. I lay them out and choose the sizes and think, yep, that combination looks awesome. Once some tiles are transparent and some not, mmmm, will probably not work for me but will give it a try.

Guess I will only know for sure once I try. Have the Preview for Developers installed so won't be long now ��

yeah that'd the reason i created this thread, its going to get awkward for some to leave their old layout behind. Our so crafted-with-love layout..

kingenu

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
i think they ruin the fun, for example, my twitter app is one of my most used app and its blue so its makes using the background weird, the bing news app tile colour can't be changed, the games tile also, office, so yeah i don't see this working unless, microsoft provide some overide on app tile colour

Thomas Ozawa

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
i think they ruin the fun, for example, my twitter app is one of my most used app and its blue so its makes using the background weird, the bing news app tile colour can't be changed, the games tile also, office, so yeah i don't see this working unless, microsoft provide some overide on app tile colour

Use Tilesparency ! Make all the tiles transparent.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss