How to get 8.0.10322.71 so i could get wp8.1

KustomAU

May 20, 2011
Visit site

ahh ok.. now this is making sense.
can you definitely confirm you bought this device in the USA?
looking at the screenshot you've got an unlocked phone but it is branded as Telstra.
Telstra is an Australian carrier.
check out these links and see if it helps.

http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/...t-Software-Updates-6-03-2014/m-p/258997#M5631
http://www.windowscentral.com/telstra-also-skips-gdr2-htc-8x-windows-phone

Last edited:

AJ98

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
ahh ok.. now this is making sense.
can you definitely confirm you bought this device in the USA?
looking at the screenshot you've got an unlocked phone but it is branded as Telstra.
Telstra is an Australian carrier.
check out these links and see if it helps.

Handset Software Updates - 6/03/2014 - Telstra Crowdsupport - 258997
Telstra joins Vodafone and skips GDR2 for HTC 8X; GDR3 due in November instead | Windows Phone Central

according to the first website gdr3 was out in February 22 if I am not wrong, then y I am not getting the update, yea ibought it from USA

AJ98

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
So I am runnin gdr1 because Telstra skipped gdr2 went straight to gdr3 which has to be out in February 22 but I still didn't get the update

AJ98

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I did some research. My phone is unbranded and its carrier is Telstra which is in Australia that means I can't get the update because I am here in Brooklyn. That's y I am not seeing an update but the question is I updated my phone once but from whom the update was pushed ?

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
You should have gotten it, location and SIM have nothing to do with updates in Windows Phone (for example, my sisters unlocked Lumia 920 from AT&T got GDR2 when she was abroad in the UK with a vodaphone SIM).

If you want the update, your best bet is to hard reset it and check for updates

AJ98

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
How do I hard reset my htc 8x ? Will it prevent my phone from working in other words my phone is unlocked will it be locked after hard reset ?

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Your phone is unlocked and will stay unlocked. You could always have searched for hard reset online, but go to settings --> about and at the bottom you will see a button for reset. Make sure you back up your phone and note your start menu configuration if you like it. You should make sure all the cloud backup settings are on and have backed up

AJ98

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Your phone is unlocked and will stay unlocked. You could always have searched for hard reset online, but go to settings --> about and at the bottom you will see a button for reset. Make sure you back up your phone and note your start menu configuration if you like it. You should make sure all the cloud backup settings are on and have backed up

Last time I update am iPhone it was locked because it wasn't factory unlocked, then I had to pay 80 dollars to unlock it. How do I know if my phone is factory unlocked ? How resetting will affect the OS ? I thought it only deletes your data....

AJ98

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
We all have already. Either do the hard reset or don't.

I just reset my phone. Nothing changed but my data was gone and it stayed unlocked. How do u do a hard reset on htc 8x. Am I supposed to click buttons because I didn't. ?

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Not sure there is anything you can do then as your phone should be pulling the update. Are you sure it was a Telstra one? Where did you get it.

Alternatively, there is some information over on XDA Developers on how to flash a fully unbranded ROM onto your device, I'd suggest considering that after you have exhausted all other options, including reaching out to HTC and pretending you are in whatever country your phone is from

AJ98

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Not sure there is anything you can do then as your phone should be pulling the update. Are you sure it was a Telstra one? Where did you get it.

Alternatively, there is some information over on XDA Developers on how to flash a fully unbranded ROM onto your device, I'd suggest considering that after you have exhausted all other options, including reaching out to HTC and pretending you are in whatever country your phone is from
I got this from metropcs it was on sale for $200. Yea I talked to htc they told me that my phone is from Australia and they can't do anything about it. They told me to reach Australian tech. That's it I gave up I think am gonna wait, that's the best I can do thank you all

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos