How to get 8.0.10322.71 so i could get wp8.1

AJ98

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Naa they are not gonna do anything, they couldn't remember who I was when I went there right after the day I bought the phone, plus I don't have the evidence that I bought the phone from them.

AJ98

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
It all makes sense. Someone brought this phone from Australia and sold it here. I am not supported by HTC because this an Australian device and I am not supported by tmobile because they dont have the tmobile software in my phone. Australian tech doesn't even know I exist I am just too far from them I guess.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Did you pay with a credit card? I can't imagine T-Mobile / MetroPCS would sell you an Australian version, but if they did you should at least be able to get something out of them. Your story doesn't really make sense, especially because the 8x has never been on MetroPCS

AJ98

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
No we paid cash. It was metropcs who sold us that. I don't know , I just went and ask for a windwsphone and this what they gave me

sam17ub

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
So as far as I see, you have 3 options to get the WP8.1 update:

1. Go to MetroPC, tell them about your problem, and ask for a replacement WP device.
2. Use a custom ROM from XDA developers.
3. Sell/give the 8x to some place and get yourself a cheap Lumia 520/521

I think all those options are better than being stuck with GDR1. Apart from this WP8.1 update, there's supposed to be 2 more updates coming this year. I think these updates are worth the trouble.

AJ98

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, I will go to metropcs ask them why they sold me phone that's branded only to use in Australia and they never told me that I cannot update my device or anything like that

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
You should also call HTC and explain to them. Assuming you haven't been to Australia recently, you could make a pretty compelling case to them

AJ98

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I chatted with them yesterday, they said this in Australian phone and they have nothing to do with this phone

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
What if you try changing your region settings to all Australia, and then restart and see if the update shows up?

You aren't anywhere near persistent enough. It's a major issue for then if T-Mobile (MetroPCS) sold you a phone they shouldn't have, especially if they told you it was new. If you bother them enough and get to a higher level tech support you will have much better luck and they may give you new device for the trouble. What happens if you call T-Mobile and say your phone is broken, it should still be under warranty and they should swap it out for a replacement phone

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
You aren't anywhere near persistent enough. It's a major issue for then if T-Mobile (MetroPCS) sold you a phone they shouldn't have, especially if they told you it was new. If you bother them enough and get to a higher level tech support you will have much better luck and they may give you new device for the trouble. What happens if you call T-Mobile and say your phone is broken, it should still be under warranty and they should swap it out for a replacement phone

Yep, this works too, just tell them it's broken. Say it keeps freezing when you play a game or something, and then tell them you tried to hard reset already and it didn't fix the issue. That is guaranteed to work. They'll send you a new one right away :)

AJ98

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Yep, this works too, just tell them it's broken. Say it keeps freezing when you play a game or something, and then tell them you tried to hard reset already and it didn't fix the issue. That is guaranteed to work. They'll send you a new one right away :)

But I only bought the sim card from them nothing else. They might not be responsible for my phone since I didn't bought from them

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster