How to get 8.0.10322.71 so i could get wp8.1

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
^it doesn't work that way. updates are not linked to sim cards they are linked to the carrier the phone is designated to.
is yours a T-Mobile HTC 8X? in other words, is there any T-Mobile markings on the device and did you buy it from T-Mobile?

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I think I can put Verizon sim card because Verizon already released gdr3 for their htc8x and download the update and switch back to tmobile. But only If I can I find someone with Verizon sim card
SIM cards have nothing to do with it on WP, unlike Android. If you want the latest update, use the developer preview to check for an update. If there is nothing there, you are on the latest update for your phone.

Edit: didn't read the first post. It sounds like you are on GDR2, have you tried opting out of the developer preview, uninstalling the preview and then trying to manually update? If that doesn't work, have you tried to hard reset your phone yet?

AJ98

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
^it doesn't work that way. updates are not linked to sim cards they are linked to the carrier the phone is designated to.
is yours a T-Mobile HTC 8X? in other words, is there any T-Mobile markings on the device and did you buy it from T-Mobile?

No I bought it from metropcs and it was unlocked and I put my tmobile sim card in it. It doesn't have tmobile markings on it nor metropcs markings

AJ98

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
SIM cards have nothing to do with it on WP, unlike Android. If you want the latest update, use the developer preview to check for an update. If there is nothing there, you are on the latest update for your phone.

Developer preview app is asking me to update my phone to 8.0.10322.71 or higher. When I go to the settings it says there is no update

AJ98

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
sim cards have nothing to do with it on wp, unlike android. If you want the latest update, use the developer preview to check for an update. If there is nothing there, you are on the latest update for your phone.

Edit: Didn't read the first post. It sounds like you are on gdr2, have you tried opting out of the developer preview, uninstalling the preview and then trying to manually update? If that doesn't work, have you tried to hard reset your phone yet?

well.. I ]never tried the developer preview this is the first time, so i cannot opt out of developer preview.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
What does that do ?

something is clearly wrong with your phone, given that other people on T Mobile have used the developer preview to update to GDR3. If you hard reset (make sure to backup your phone first), you can often fix problems such as this.

AJ98

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
something is clearly wrong with your phone, given that other people on T Mobile have used the developer preview to update to GDR3. If you hard reset (make sure to backup your phone first), you can often fix problems such as this.

Well I updated my phone once. I think it is because of that

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Don't fret about it. Just enroll in the Developer Preview and kick back and relax, wait for 8.1. Updates are cumulative, so anything that was included with the update you have in question, will also be included in the 8.1 update.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
It looks like you are still running GDR1, can you confirm the last time you updates the phone. What is the base and version number? It looks like HTC 8x on T-Mobile got the GDR2 update on September 4th to 8.0.10327.77. If you don't have it, you need to hard reset your phone and try to update it to GDR2, enroll in the Developer Preview, and then update to GDR3 and finally 8.1 when it comes out

AJ98

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
It looks like you are still running GDR1, can you confirm the last time you updates the phone. What is the base and version number? It looks like HTC 8x on T-Mobile got the GDR2 update on September 4th to 8.0.10327.77. If you don't have it, you need to hard reset your phone and try to update it to GDR2, enroll in the Developer Preview, and then update to GDR3 and finally 8.1 when it comes out

My phone is not made by tmobile since it doesn't have the tmobile markings on it. Last time I update it was like in beginning of school year which was like in late September and early October, I am not sure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon