How to get 8.0.10322.71 so i could get wp8.1

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
But I only bought the sim card from them nothing else. They might not be responsible for my phone since I didn't bought from them

Where did you get the phone? That's what we have all been asking you. Are you from Australia?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Mrc Jkb

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same problem with my HTC WP 8s I bought in Thailand.
According to the Microsoft community, I am still on the update schedule for the region I bought my phone: Don't receive updates on HTC WP 8s - Microsoft Community
HTC Support Thailand couldn't give me any info, HTC Support Germany (where I live) told me there may never be any updates.

The Telstra update status for both HTC WP 8s and 8x says "now deploying", which means it may not have been deployed to all devices yet. Maybe there's still hope.
Handset Software Updates - 6/03/2014 - Telstra Crowdsupport - 258997

I'm not sure if my phone is branded by Telstra (CID-HTC...044). You can check your CID by entering bootloader mode (turn your phone off, then hold down vol down, camera and power on buttons and release after the phone vibrates and the screen goes white. I think it should be Telstra, too in my case because my gf told me Telstra belongs to the ex Thai prime minister Thaksin (who was exiled for corruption).

I've been trying to unbrand my phone (search "unbrand HTC windows phone 8s xdadevelopers" for info on how to do that), but I can't change the CID (the first ROM "UEFI_signed.nbh" doesn't load). Maybe you'll have better luck than me... Let me know how it goes.
If the update ever arrives, sign up for the preview for developers program immediately. If your store isn't giving you any support, you don't need to worry about warranty voids anyway and you don't want to have to rely on HTC Asia or Asian/Australian carriers for further updates and support (even if Asia and Australia are beautiful places otherwise)!

Last edited:

AJ98

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Where did you get the phone? That's what we have all been asking you. Are you from Australia?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using WPCentral Forums mobile app

I am not from Australia, never been there before. Metro pcs sold me this phone that is branded to use in Australia

AJ98

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same problem with my HTC WP 8s I bought in Thailand.
According to the Microsoft community, I am still on the update schedule for the region I bought my phone: Don't receive updates on HTC WP 8s - Microsoft Community
HTC Support Thailand couldn't give me any info, HTC Support Germany (where I live) told me there may never be any updates.

The Telstra update status for both HTC WP 8s and 8x says "now deploying", which means it may not have been deployed to all devices yet. Maybe there's still hope.
Handset Software Updates - 6/03/2014 - Telstra Crowdsupport - 258997

I'm not sure if my phone is branded by Telstra (CID-HTC...044). You can check your CID by entering bootloader mode (turn your phone off, then hold down vol down, camera and power on buttons and release after the phone vibrates and the screen goes white. I think it should be Telstra, too in my case because my gf told me Telstra belongs to the ex Thai prime minister Thaksin (who was exiled for corruption).

I've been trying to unbrand my phone (search "unbrand HTC windows phone 8s xdadevelopers" for info on how to do that), but I can't change the CID (the first ROM "UEFI_signed.nbh" doesn't load). Maybe you'll have better luck than me... Let me know how it goes.
If the update ever arrives, sign up for the preview for developers program immediately. If your store isn't giving you any support, you don't need to worry about warranty voids anyway and you don't want to have to rely on HTC Asia or Asian/Australian carriers for further updates and support (even if Asia and Australia are beautiful places otherwise)!

The updates for 8X and 8S was already out in February, you are supposed to have it right away. Yesterday I was chatting with Telstra on Facebook, they said you are supposed to have the updates right after this day and the reason why we are not getting these updates is that we are not using Telstra SIM. You are supposed to have the branded Telstra phone and Telstra SIM, one cannot do anything without the other. You supposed to have both in order to update your HTC 8S. They said, the only way that can reach us is by Telstra SIM which we dont have. I think people are just selling phones here for customers that is branded to use in different country. Well if I was you I would try to swap the phone before I try unbranding it since that might brick your phone, and you will not be able to return it. If you want you can chat with Telstra on Facebook, just go to Facebook and type Telstra 24x7. They take pretty long time to respond but they explain everything in detail. That's how I got all my answers.

AJ98

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Also if you see a splash screen of Telstra then it is a branded phone. You can also go to the settings about phone then it should say Telstra as the carrier on top, if it is a Telstra branded phone

AJ98

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Never mind guys wrong info, I contacted them again and this is what they said. "Depends if the handset is SIM locked John, but the main concern is region which is what we have discussed on the make and model number for the device you have received. This is made for the Australian region and therefore will only be able to be upgraded if you are in Australia." My bad, misunderstanding.

acewing905

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Never mind guys wrong info, I contacted them again and this is what they said. "Depends if the handset is SIM locked John, but the main concern is region which is what we have discussed on the make and model number for the device you have received. This is made for the Australian region and therefore will only be able to be upgraded if you are in Australia." My bad, misunderstanding.
That's not how the upgrading process works, though. For example, my phone is made for the Malaysian region, yet I upgraded it fine in Sri Lanka. If a certain update is available for the region/carrier the phone was made for, then you should be able to get the update, no matter where you are in the world. Though I gotta admit, yours is an odd case that I can't really comprehend. Telstra seems to have pushed out GDR3 in February, so by all means you should be able to get that. But you don't seem to be.

Mrc Jkb

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site

Then maybe my phone isn't branded after all (I don't get a boot logo from Telstra or any other carrier). And I got the GDR1 update in Germany even though my phone's region is Southeast Asia. But that makes it even more strange. The updates are distributed via the internet depending your phone's CID and IMEI number, as far as I know. So it doesn't matter where you are in the world. Don't believe everything chat support tells you - the people who work in chat/phone support usually don't know the answers themselves and just have a list of FAQs and answers. I've been given so much wrong information in chat support where it was obvious they didn't know and just gave me an answer to push the responsibility to someone else.
It's better to contact e-mail support. Takes a little longer but you usually get a more reliable service.
I won't be able to return my phone until I'm in Thailand again, which will most likely be at least another year. By then my warranty will have run out anyway.
So I'm simultaneously gonna try and pressure HTC Thailand while trying to find a way to change my phone's CID. If those methods fail I'll have no choice but to give away my phone and buy a European one. I don't really want to carry on having to reset it every two months because of the bugged storage management in GDR1.

AJ98

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Then maybe my phone isn't branded after all (I don't get a boot logo from Telstra or any other carrier). And I got the GDR1 update in Germany even though my phone's region is Southeast Asia. But that makes it even more strange. The updates are distributed via the internet depending your phone's CID and IMEI number, as far as I know. So it doesn't matter where you are in the world. Don't believe everything chat support tells you - the people who work in chat/phone support usually don't know the answers themselves and just have a list of FAQs and answers. I've been given so much wrong information in chat support where it was obvious they didn't know and just gave me an answer to push the responsibility to someone else.
It's better to contact e-mail support. Takes a little longer but you usually get a more reliable service.
I won't be able to return my phone until I'm in Thailand again, which will most likely be at least another year. By then my warranty will have run out anyway.
So I'm simultaneously gonna try and pressure HTC Thailand while trying to find a way to change my phone's CID. If those methods fail I'll have no choice but to give away my phone and buy a European one. I don't really want to carry on having to reset it every two months because of the bugged storage management in GDR1.

Yes true they push responsibility to someone else. I went to metro pcs today where I bought the phone from, then they told me to go to the T-Mobile, T-Mobile said they don't do tech support, they told me to call 611, tech support told me to call HTC my manufacturer, HTC told me to call Australian HTC, I didn't have a calling card so I couldn't call them. I will try to reach them by email but I am sure they can't do anything too. It is all because I am a kid, they just don't give crap, each of them knows that they can solve the problem but they just won't. I just can't argue that good. I lost all my hope...

Last edited:

sam17ub

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
If I were you, I would've tried harder to get MetroPCs to replace my phone. If, as you say, you're a kid, you should take you parent or someone elder with you, and claim the replacement. If you tell them the phone is giving you software issues, they *should* replace it.

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Yes. If you're just a kid, take an adult along with you to MetroPCS. Tell them they shouldn't have sold you the phone in the first place since it is an Australian variant. Tell them to replace it because it is causing a lot of headache.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss