How to get 8.0.10322.71 so i could get wp8.1

acewing905

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Maybe the update is not out for my region yet lets just wait...
The Telstra page that was linked a couple of pages ago says otherwise.

Anyway, to get this situation a little clearer, this is what happened, right?

You live in the USA, and you went to MetroPCS, which belongs to T-Mobile, and bought your HTC 8X. But it turned out to be an Australian region phone that was made for the Australian carrier Telstra. And now when you ask them, they say it's an Australian phone so it can't be upgraded outside. (Which is a lie to begin with.)

Now I don't know much about these things, but this kind of sounds like some kind of fraud is going on here.

EDIT: Oh, and if the phone catalog on their site is anything to go by, MetroPCS doesn't even sell any HTC phones. I don't get what's going on here.

AJ98

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I bought the phone from Metro pcs in August 2013 in USA, it was unlocked and it was branded to Telstra, an Australian carrier. Metro pcs was probably selling this phone for their own good, unofficially. They probably got that phone from somewhere and decided to sell it. I put a T-Mobile sim card in it and started using it. Then I went to that store, to get one for my friend who really liked my phone, but they said there were no more, which makes wonder, why do they only had one of this type of phone? Then I contacted Telstra on Facebook, then he said updates depends on your region which is not true. Next thing you know I am not receiving any updates from Telstra. I got an update called 'PORTICO' but I don't know where that update came from. Telstra is stilt deploying updates to their phones still, I might be on their list.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I bought the phone from Metro pcs in August 2013 in USA, it was unlocked and it was branded to Telstra, an Australian carrier. Metro pcs was probably selling this phone for their own good, unofficially. They probably got that phone from somewhere and decided to sell it. I put a T-Mobile sim card in it and started using it. Then I went to that store, to get one for my friend who really liked my phone, but they said there were no more, which makes wonder, why do they only had one of this type of phone? Then I contacted Telstra on Facebook, then he said updates depends on your region which is not true. Next thing you know I am not receiving any updates from Telstra. I got an update called 'PORTICO' but I don't know where that update came from. Telstra is stilt deploying updates to their phones still, I might be on their list.

So it sounds like to me that if someone is to be blamed here, it is MetroPCS for selling you a phone that doesn't even belong to the right region. What happened when you ask them why they sold you a Telstra branded phone? Also, you should try going to customer support on the phone, and seeing if they can help.

Lastly, like I mentioned a few posts before...try to change all of your region settings to Australia and then reboot the phone and then check for updates...I know it sounds kind of dumb, but I would try that if I were you just to make sure the update is not being blocked because of your region settings.

Other option to pursue: Go to Microsoft store and buy $60 Lumia 521. EDIT: Or Lumia 635 is coming to T-mobile as well. I bet that will be under $100 as well when it releases in a couple months.

Also, if none of those options pan out, you should take solace in the fact that out of GDR1, GDR2, GDR3, and 8.1, the GDR1/PORTICO update was probably the most stable of them all. Soo at least that's something :)

AJ98

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
When I asked them why did you sold me an Australian phone he asked me "did you really bought the phone from here" twice. He wasn't there when I bought the phone. He told me you still can update your phone even though you are here not Australia and told me to go to T-Mobile.

Mrc Jkb

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
My parents or any adult I know doesn't understands technologies.

They may not understand technology, but I'm sure they understand fraud. I would suggest you ask them to read this thread so they get an idea of what your problem ist. You can do the talking - The salesperson will take your issue more seriously and treat you with more respect if someone of age is with you. And if they don't your parents can demand to see the manager. They'll be more scared of ripping you off with your parents there, no matter if they understand technology or not.
Do you have proof you bought the phone there (a receipt or something)?

Mrc Jkb

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
I have the box of the phone. I will try to go with my parents

Okay, I guess that might be better than nothing. For the future remember to ALWAYS ask for a receipt and / or a bill (to you or your parents' address) when you buy an expensive gadget with a warranty. And keep all your receipts & bills in a folder so you know exactly where to find them. If you can't show them a receipt they could just lie about having sold it to you and there's nothing you can do about it.
If they won't give you a receipt don't buy it, no matter how cheap, you can be sure there's something wrong with it.

AJ98

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Okay, I guess that might be better than nothing. For the future remember to ALWAYS ask for a receipt and / or a bill (to you or your parents' address) when you buy an expensive gadget with a warranty. And keep all your receipts & bills in a folder so you know exactly where to find them. If you can't show them a receipt they could just lie about having sold it to you and there's nothing you can do about it.
If they won't give you a receipt don't buy it, no matter how cheap, you can be sure there's something wrong with it.

thank you, I will keep that advice in my head.

AJ98

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Turn your phone off, then press and hold vol down, camera and power buttons simultaneously until your phone vibrates and the screen goes white.

Yea I did that I let go of the buttons when it vibrated and turned white then it vibrated and turned on normally without showing any info.

acewing905

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
i don't get it, who is supposed to push out the updates T-Mobile or Telstra ? or "Australian HTC" ?
Telstra. T-Mobile doesn't have anything to do with it since it's not a T-Mobile phone. (SIM doesn't affect this.)
HTC (or any other WP OEM for that matter) only pushes it to carriers and to those phones that are not made for a particular carrier.

AJ98

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Oh ok thanks. Now I kinda get it. So there is no need for me to contact Australian HTC. I will try emailing Telstra

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo