Surface Duo is on salefor over 50% off!

03-30-2016 06:41 AM
2,721 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    Everybodys problems is so small compared to mine, plz help me what to do, no cellucar working and cant put wifi on comes an error, an smarthphone without internet..... plz help me, i tried soft reset withouth luck... i can receive normal sms and calls but my Network doenst work not even i cant put wlan on .. otherwise phone workd like thunder, so fast
    04-14-2014 03:09 PM
    Accent colors are desaturated. Cobalt no longer looks cobalt blue, it's pale blue now. The color should be 0020C2 (hexadecimal).
    Last edited by nightspark; 04-14-2014 at 03:27 PM.
    ArcticArrow likes this.
    04-14-2014 03:11 PM
    My online contacts with Facebook no longer show up in messages and I can no longer swap to Facebook messenger in the message app please can someone help. I can still use and login to Facebook but it no longer shows in my emails and accounts in settings. Please help
    Have you been able to update to the new facebook app? I have not yet, but I believe that this will resolve the situation. I'm waiting for the store problem to get fixed.
    Peter Atkinson likes this.
    04-14-2014 03:12 PM
    Is there a InPrivate Browsing mode in IE??
    I can't find it!

Update: found it.
    04-14-2014 03:13 PM
    Reading through this thread and around the forum, thank god I didn't install the WP8.1 dev preview. People have been reporting loads of issues. The best would be to wait for the Nokia cyan firmware and the release of WP8,1 for general public. Even though it might take some months at least I have a stable phone till then.
    04-14-2014 03:14 PM
    I asked cortana to close the pod bay doors. Apparently she can't and thinks my name is Dave even though I set my name as Rob.
    04-14-2014 03:15 PM
    Is there a InPrivate Browsing mode in IE??
    I can't find it!
    Goto Tabs -> Menu (...) -> new InPrivate Tab
    04-14-2014 03:15 PM
    Mine is with pictures, they are not displayed on the pictures hub! Annoing
    I had to workaround this by adding a load of pictures to my favorites, going into settings, setting the tile to all photos and shuffling, checking the tile had photos on, removing all the photos from favorites, and it kept them on the tile still. Just don't shuffle again after that, you'll be ruined...

Are you storing your photos on an SD Card by any chance?
    04-14-2014 03:18 PM
    Have you been able to update to the new facebook app? I have not yet, but I believe that this will resolve the situation. I'm waiting for the store problem to get fixed.
    Thanks Rich. No I've not been able to update it, like you I've had the same problems with the Store not working properly. Hopefully it all updates and works fine after they get it all working again.
    04-14-2014 03:20 PM
    I asked cortana to close the pod bay doors. Apparently she can't and thinks my name is Dave even though I set my name as Rob.
    Does she say, "Dave's not here."? Maybe Cortana's on one.
    04-14-2014 03:20 PM
    Qi charging has been hit or miss on my L920 since the update. I think this is just an initial issue and will be one that will sort of 'resolve itself" after a full charge.
    04-14-2014 03:21 PM
    Ativ S interop unlocked + all capabilities enabled.....installed 8.1 on top of them, the update process went well, no problems at all.
    Just the Store not able to open it, I think the Cortana enabled is the problem. I changed the language and the region settings to USA to have Cortana working.
    04-14-2014 03:22 PM
    The tiles will show some backgrounds, but only a couple. Needs a restart before it works and refreshes.
    04-14-2014 03:24 PM
    Some slow refresh when you quit from any app and return to Startscreen.
    Cobalt accent turn on teal.
    04-14-2014 03:25 PM
    No calendar, no Music and video player...thats annoying.....someone same problem? Maybe solution for that? (sorry for my bad english)
    04-14-2014 03:26 PM
    Did someone had this bug?I turned off my data connection,but when I pull down the notification center,it is still showing 3g?I tried using the ie if its using the 3g,but its not working.I'm just not sure if this 3g symbol will drain my battery even though my data connection is off.
    04-14-2014 03:28 PM
    I had to workaround this by adding a load of pictures to my favorites, going into settings, setting the tile to all photos and shuffling, checking the tile had photos on, removing all the photos from favorites, and it kept them on the tile still. Just don't shuffle again after that, you'll be ruined...

Are you storing your photos on an SD Card by any chance?
    well, I'll try and yeah, are stored in both and both has problem!
    04-14-2014 03:31 PM
    Heavy battery drain with Cortana :(
    04-14-2014 03:32 PM
    I cannot open any mail through the mail app -.- has anyone a similar problem?
    04-14-2014 03:34 PM
    I tried downloading it but my phone restarted and is showing me update again...
    04-14-2014 03:35 PM
    HTC 8x

- Selecting Internet Explorer advanced settings automatically kicks you back to previous page (browser pane). When selected from settings -> applications, it crashes back to settings list. Tried multiple resets and reset without backups
    - Reading view shows blank screen on all websites tested(bbc.co.uk, arstechnica.com, guardian.co.uk)

Appreciate if a fellow 8x owner can test and confirm...

Thanks (oh, and btw, first post here )
    miklavzg and Josip Zeljko like this.
    04-14-2014 03:35 PM
    HTC 8x

- Selecting Internet Explorer advanced settings automatically kicks you back to previous page (browser pane). When selected from settings -> applications, it crashes back to settings list. Tried multiple resets and reset without backups
    - Reading view shows blank screen on all websites tested(bbc.co.uk, arstechnica.com, guardian.co.uk)

Can confirm, i have the same problems with my htc 8x
    cheriyk likes this.
    04-14-2014 03:39 PM
    Not an HTC 8X owner, but I am an HTC 8S owner and I'm having the same problems. Not only that, if a website is too "heavy" (not mobile version) IE crashes.For example if i go to Phone Arena - Phone News, Reviews and Specs and scroll for a few seconds IE will crash.

Tried multiple resets and it didn't help. Will try now without restoring my backups.
    cheriyk likes this.
    04-14-2014 03:41 PM
    HTC 8x

Confirmed.
    cheriyk likes this.
    04-14-2014 03:42 PM
    So, I installed the 8.1 update on my 8xt, and I have a pretty constant problem with the screen not waking up until about 5-10 full seconds after I hit the power button, or not at all. The screen just stays dark.

Anyone having this problem?
    04-14-2014 03:44 PM
2,721 ... 89101112 ...