Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

madio15

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Can someone please help. My available is now down to less than 100mb despite nothing being added or downloaded. I've noticed that memory loses big chunks everytime I open and sync onenote. Windows phone 8.1 preview is turning into a nightmare for me.

Nitesh Tilwani

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Also have problems with the SD card (64 GB, class 10). After a restart my 1520 shows the "can not read the SD card...". I have to format it! All data gone. My PC can read the card!!!

The platform reads and accepts only FAT32 partitioned cards... It wont read NTFS... I guess your card is formatted to NTFS...

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 using Tapatalk

jorden vanmeensel

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Don't know if this is a bug, but today some settings have suddenly changed on my Lumia 925.

Normally when i press the volume keys, my Media & Apps sound goes up or down. This morning when i pressed the volume keys the sound of notifications went up. This is very annoying to me because i keep my notification and ringer sounds at an all time 0. I only work with my Media & Apps sound bar. Any simple fix to this?

Last edited:

Thabit Qudah

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Same issue here m8 I purchased my L1520 just yesterday and updated it to find that whatsapp and other crucial apps to me are not downloadable,,, I'm frustrated now, even the diagnostics app is not available as well, how can we report bugs without even having the chance to use any "common" app..... what a shame!!!

ntice_521

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Is there something wrong with the Windows store? When i search the results are terribly way off. Before it wasn't like this.

I don't think the store search has ever worked right, but yeah, it seems worse. I searched for a couple apps using the exact title, and got *nothing*. Bring up Google, and boom I'm there, no problem.

DJWhiteSquall

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed today that if I link a Twitter contact to an Outlook.com contact via my phone, that link is correctly displayed on my Windows 8.1 machines.

However, if I used the People app on Windows 8.1 to link a Twitter contact to an Outlook.com contact, after syncing my phone I can no longer see the Twitter contact at all. I can still see the Outlook.com portion, but the Twitter portion (including photo) is completely missing, even if I go in and filter the contacts to only show Twitter contacts.

Removing the link via Windows 8.1 is the only way I've been able to get the Twitter contact to reappear on my phone.

setasai

May 25, 2014
Visit site
There has been some strange network associated issues happening the last few days.

My notifications dropdown crashed earlier. After clicking the internet sharing icon, it hung up and would not respond to anything. Rebooted the phone w/ the 2button combo and the notification menu was blank. Four gray squares with no buttons. I should have taken a screenshot but I forgot to. It fixed itself after a few soft-resets.

Also recently, it would lose signal randomly (maybe there is a pattern I havent noticed yet) and it would take a minute or 2 for it to reconnect. Sometimes it wouldnt reconnect but a soft-reset would fix it.

Today, it froze and reset itself... after that, internet sharing kept dropping my laptop connection. Soft-reset a couple times seems to fix it for now.

I havent installed or uninstalled anything recently. Just normal sms/calls/emails... some maps and browsing so I wonder if it's just a random glitch that kicks in if the conditions are just right. More than likely a firmware/OS combo issue causing general instability.

FYI, Nokia Lumia 925. WP8.1DP updated to whatever is today's version. Hard-reset after latest update. On AT&T.

Guidos Dad

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this is an 8.1 issue or not. Yesterday for some reason my Facebook phone app has quit up dating. I've tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the account through settings and reinstalling the app an telling it to integrate with the people hub. Neither that or if I go into the Facebook app I still get no updates.

Anyone else having/had this problem?

drone991

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I've been using PDP on using Nokia Lumia 525 for about 3 months now and there are mainly two bugs that I've found so far that really affect me.
First is the one with lockscreen sounds. Everytime I lock or unlock my screen I hear the sounds almost 2-3 seconds after the screen is locked or unlocked. This happens every single time.

Second thing is whenever a new app is installing, the phone becomes too laggy. Especially if there is music running in background the phone DOES NOT RESPOND AT ALL. The only way out of that is to restart the phone by removing it's battery. And also the app isn't installed. You have to download it again from the store. Now this didn't happen on WP8 given 1GB RAM of the phone. This happens everytime. If the app is small then it doesn't take much time and after being installed the returns to it's smooth functioning again. But during installation of larger apps the phone stupid responding.

P.S- The new apps are set to be installed on SD card and I use an 8GB class 6 card

Protocol Rahul

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
App duplications in app view.
Sometime after updating I have seen some tab duplications, not every time when I press back button to see the app view, but, in cases where say, high ram usage, I press back button and tap the screen in small intervals apps will duplicated although if taping the duplicated app it would return me to start screen. Any body else experiencing this?
Here are some screenshots.: http://1drv.ms/1jS5F6f

anon7989605

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
No option to sync contact + calendar offline. All contacts are automatically uploaded into the NSA spy cloud. That is inacceptable and will prevent WindowsPhone from getting any attention from serious users (e.g. business).

Seems to be hard to get that for MS, or maybe the NSA is just paying too good. Whichever it is, it's insane.

raz0r24

May 19, 2014
Visit site
I've been using PDP on using Nokia Lumia 525 for about 3 months now and there are mainly two bugs that I've found so far that really affect me.
First is the one with lockscreen sounds. Everytime I lock or unlock my screen I hear the sounds almost 2-3 seconds after the screen is locked or unlocked. This happens every single time.

Second thing is whenever a new app is installing, the phone becomes too laggy. Especially if there is music running in background the phone DOES NOT RESPOND AT ALL. The only way out of that is to restart the phone by removing it's battery. And also the app isn't installed. You have to download it again from the store. Now this didn't happen on WP8 given 1GB RAM of the phone. This happens everytime. If the app is small then it doesn't take much time and after being installed the returns to it's smooth functioning again. But during installation of larger apps the phone stupid responding.

P.S- The new apps are set to be installed on SD card and I use an 8GB class 6 card

I've experienced problems with the music thing too. Main problem is there isn't apps installing or open. Had to remove battery to get phone back 😒

Sent from my Lumia 620 using Tapatalk

John Wolf1

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Please fix the Phone 8.1 Podcast APP. The podcast app crashes when the phone has no network connection. It will not restart until there is one. I need the Podcast APP series controls to be separate for each phone. I want to download podcast to only one phone but the controls are not separated between devices.

desitunez

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

Are you getting toast or email notifications sounds for Sub folders which are pinned to start screen on 8.1?

Eg >. you get notification if email comes to inbox , however no notification sound or toast if email delivered to any other sub folders on start screen?

This was working in Wp8. Its big issue meaning i dont know when i recieve the email in sub folders.

Note >> Unread email count is there on tiles for sub folders.

​It is a bug??

pkartik

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

So looks like there is a big with the HERE Drive+ app.. The traffic information is updated only AFTER your "Update Traffic info every" time has elapsed.. For an example... If I set my phone to check for updates every 5 minutes(the minimum value), and assuming there is a delay... The app initially says there is a 1 minute delay((every time)) and then at the 5 minute mark, it updates it to the correct traffic delay value.

The check for traffic is NOT done when the route starts, instead only after the first timeout.. I think this is a bug :)

Last edited:

Finalforce the one

May 27, 2014
Visit site
The bugs I have noticed having the new update (22mb) installed:

* Backup doesnt work (Hangs at 96%) and then it stops and says it doenst work anymore
This is very very !! problematic cause the backup of my homescreen cant believe that
MIcrosoft doesnt take care that the most important thing doesnt work...

* Screen rotation doesnt work
* Proximity sensor doesnt work
* Flashlight works sometimes and sometimes not
* Waking up phone doesnt work until setting the screen brightness to low
* Some system apps doesnt work everytime as the want and even crash after restart of my phone like the games app

I have a nokia lumia 920. I havent done any changes or something similar to my phone, I have the impression that the system stability gets worse every day but I dont dare to make an hard reset because backup doesnt work...

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
The bugs I have noticed having the new update (22mb) installed:

* Backup doesnt work (Hangs at 96%) and then it stops and says it doenst work anymore
This is very very !! problematic cause the backup of my homescreen cant believe that
MIcrosoft doesnt take care that the most important thing doesnt work...

* Screen rotation doesnt work
* Proximity sensor doesnt work
* Flashlight works sometimes and sometimes not
* Waking up phone doesnt work until setting the screen brightness to low
* Some system apps doesnt work everytime as the want and even crash after restart of my phone like the games app

I have a nokia lumia 920. I havent done any changes or something similar to my phone, I have the impression that the system stability gets worse every day but I dont dare to make an hard reset because backup doesnt work...

Had that same problem till I had to hard reset. I tried multiple times before resetting as a last resort but had to be done.

lumia720

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have a Lumia 720 running the 8.1 Developer's Preview. Now, the problem is, sometimes, be it for multiple WhatsApp messages, a call or whatever requires a ringtone, the ringing goes silent midway. I mean to say, sometimes, when someone calls, the phone starts ringing, then stops ringing by itself. Mind you, the call is still incoming though, it hasn't been disconnected.

I did a hard reset hoping to solve the problem, but that didn't work either.

Anyone else faced this bug?

And only once, a few weeks ago; when I was using headphones, the phone would refuse to lower the volume. If I lower it using the Volume Down button, it would just yank it all the way up again. :/ Are the 2 problems related?

I've tried a Hard Reset, but hasn't changed anything. :/

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel