Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Bug with adding a NEW Gmail account in WP8.1?
(I used the search and couldn't find anyone with this same problem)

After d/l the WP8.1 Dev Preview I needed a new Gmail account. I created one from scratch and made sure I could login just fine from my PC. That all worked just fine.

After sending test emails back and forth from my existing Gmail account just fine, I went to add the new Gmail account to my phone.

All went well and smoothly. There is one thing though.
Under the setting: Download new email, I do NOT have the option to set the interval to "as items arrive".

I checked my other Gmail accounts and all the other ones that were on the phone PRIOR to the upgrade have this option. Any NEW accounts I add since doing the upgrade do NOT have this option. I created another dummy account to test.

I definitely need the "as items arrive" setting. I may try adding Gmail as an "Other" type and manually enter the info. Does anyone else see this? Thanks!

*Update: Even though it is currently set for every 15 minutes, when I sent a test email, from my PC to the new mailbox, it showed up in less than a minute. I'm going to keep testing, but I really need the "as items arrive" setting.

Push gmail is not available on WP because google is blocking it. It's been like this on 8 already. You could forward your gmail to your outlook and filter emails into a folder and pinning the folder to the start.

markope

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site

I'm having issues with the Notification center displaying anything else but built in apps. For example, I see notifications for Messaging, Email, Store, etc. But, I don't see Facebook, Twitter, or any other 3rd party app notification. I've updated to the latest Facebook app. Still nothing. Anyone else?

Kevin Henrique

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

after turn off ativ S, it restarts without stopping after 30 seconds on. I have done hard reset, soft reset, everything ... It works perfect, so shut it happens, already found others with same problem

eduardopl

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

No calendar app, no games hub and i can't access to battery settings my phone

Detectionable

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site

After a reboot, WiFi only shows 1 tiny bar of signal - Im 6ft away from the router and normally get full signal miles away from it

kigen

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

I am experiencing this new weird bug on my Lumia 920.
I can't turn on the WIFI, I get this message when i try to do this.
"Can't do this right now, Try again in a little while. If the problem continues, restart your phone and try again."

FYI: I don't have a SIM Card on the phone. Has anyone tried upgrading without a SIM Card?

I have restarted, soft reset, played around with WIFI-Sense settings, turned off Battery saver all with no avail...

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

It seems like it is not safe yet to update to 8.1 Preview. A lot of bugs.

You'll see this kind of thread with any OS update, no matter what platform. This is no different than it was with GDR3, or any other update for that matter.

wiseguywood

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

Glitch on HTC 8x on T-Mo USA, the HTC clock on the live tiles does not appear to be updating, the only way my time changes is when I resize the tile. Lock screen works fine.

Chird Oyer

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

i have HERE MAPS. WHY THE HELL cant i uninstall MICROSOFT MAPS.
And i have PODCAST. DONT NEED THAT, WANT TO UNINSTALL -> NOT ALLOWED. THANK YOU MS FOR CRAP APPS. Its starting to become android with apps preinstalled I DO WANT!

Woah woah woah woah. Woah. Sshhh. The Podcasts app was highly requested by a TON of people (myself included) and it's actually just a standalone version of a feature that was already included (within the Xbox Music app). As for Maps, yes HERE Maps are much better, but asking Microsoft to remove a maps app because you prefer a different one is a little ridiculous. That's like wanting Apple to ditch the default email app because you prefer Gmail.

The Skizzle

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

You'll see this kind of thread with any OS update, no matter what platform. This is no different than it was with GDR3, or any other update for that matter.

This is my first time updating through the developer preview. How long before we start seeing patches? Will I have to wait for manufacturer/GDR updates?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

This is my first time updating through the developer preview. How long before we start seeing patches? Will I have to wait for manufacturer/GDR updates?

It all depends. I don't recall exactly, but I want to say it was a few weeks for the bug-fix that came after GDR3. Don't quote me. :wink:

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I don't know why these much problems with all.. Mine is simply perfect.. None of the above problems,. none except that my "desktop version" in IE11 is not working. Its loading mobile version only.. And that too is not reported by anyone else here. That means a hard reset will correct it... Will do it shortly..

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site

Bug with adding a NEW Gmail account in WP8.1?
(I used the search and couldn't find anyone with this same problem)

After d/l the WP8.1 Dev Preview I needed a new Gmail account. I created one from scratch and made sure I could login just fine from my PC. That all worked just fine.

After sending test emails back and forth from my existing Gmail account just fine, I went to add the new Gmail account to my phone.

All went well and smoothly. There is one thing though.
Under the setting: Download new email, I do NOT have the option to set the interval to "as items arrive".

I checked my other Gmail accounts and all the other ones that were on the phone PRIOR to the upgrade have this option. Any NEW accounts I add since doing the upgrade do NOT have this option. I created another dummy account to test.

I definitely need the "as items arrive" setting. I may try adding Gmail as an "Other" type and manually enter the info. Does anyone else see this? Thanks!

*Update: Even though it is currently set for every 15 minutes, when I sent a test email, from my PC to the new mailbox, it showed up in less than a minute. I'm going to keep testing, but I really need the "as items arrive" setting.

Push gmail is not available on WP because google is blocking it. It's been like this on 8 already. You could forward your gmail to your outlook and filter emails into a folder and pinning the folder to the start.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

The other accounts have the setting as an option. The new accounts do not. Just because Google turned off Push notifications, would that preclude that option being set?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99