03-30-2016 06:41 AM
2,721 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    After making a phone call, the screen freezes on the Lumia 920. Frustrating bug. And performance seems to be an issue somewhat. It needs a little more polish but its great.
    04-14-2014 08:45 PM
    On Sprint's ATIV S Neo... there's no option in settings to update network profile. Very big omission in case network problems take place...
    04-14-2014 08:47 PM
    Lumia Icon runs hot with 4G, etc. turned off as well as background apps and drained from 68%-18% after the update :(
    04-14-2014 08:50 PM
    So far so good for me in Canada.
    Iain_S and david90531 like this.
    04-14-2014 08:52 PM
    I have cortana in application seting and everytime i turn it on it automatically turns off and there is no app installed on the app list, I already tried changing the language and region, even changed my microsoft region but still no signs of Cortana :(
    Don't forget to turn on your location services. Cortana is dependent on it.
    04-14-2014 09:00 PM
    No Xbox music on my phone and even I can't install it from app store :'(
    04-14-2014 09:01 PM
    Lumia Icon runs hot with 4G, etc. turned off as well as background apps and drained from 68%-18% after the update :(
    You try a soft reset? I've had nothing like that on my Icon.
    04-14-2014 09:01 PM
    Well, looks like i'll be waiting at least until the first patch to fix all the issues before I attempt the update. Happy I held off. To all encountering issues, thanks for sharing and I hope they get resolved asap!
    Ian Too likes this.
    04-14-2014 09:02 PM
    Power button delay is killing me. I have an Icon and it's about 2, maybe 3 seconds to turn on. Before 8.1 it was instant. Most disappointing bug on this update.
    Seems to be a common issue for Icon users. Will hopefully be fixed in short order.
    04-14-2014 09:03 PM
    Mines all working great now on my Lumia 1520. Store is now working too(UK) and the whole update is working as it should. I do think the Music app is slightly slower than before but nothing to make it unusable. All I can say now is I've got no issues left. My Gmail didn't work at first till I realised my date and time were wrong. I find the OS is now faster as is IE11. One bugbear of mine is why isn't IE11 uploading photos like MS said it would??
    04-14-2014 09:06 PM
    has anyone been able to sign on to their ms account on their phone that has 2 factor turned on?
    yes
    04-14-2014 09:07 PM
    There seems to be a consensus regarding the delay to wake up the phone(icon). Its a good 3 or 4 seconds for me and pre 8.1 it was instant. Surprisingly enough this is my most annoying feature I've found so far. Does anyone's phone wake instantly when the power is pressed?
    04-14-2014 09:08 PM
    Hi all,

I tried updating my device and the battery went dead during the update.

Now I just get the gears and the battery dies after a few minutes despite being plugged into the wall and charging. So essentially, I’m stuck in a loop – no way to charge the battery fast enough, and no way to pause/cancel the update.

Can anyone help? If I do a hard reset (assuming I can) is that going to mean reinstalling/reconfiguring everything?
    04-14-2014 09:09 PM
    cortana not conversing or making witty remarks. cortana speaks only when headphones are connected. situation is same whether or not connected via wifi or data.
    04-14-2014 09:09 PM
    there seems to be a consensus regarding the delay to wake up the phone(icon). Its a good 3 or 4 seconds for me and pre 8.1 it was instant. Surprisingly enough this is my most annoying feature i've found so far. Does anyone's phone wake instantly when the power is pressed?
    sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't
    04-14-2014 09:10 PM
    Has anyone been able to sign on to their MS account on their phone that has 2 factor turned on?
    I have it turned on, and yes, its working for me.
    04-14-2014 09:19 PM
    On Sprint's ATIV S Neo... there's no option in settings to update network profile. Very big omission in case network problems take place...
    This is part of the Sprint's firmware, I believe. Unfortunately you will have to wait for Sprint's OTA.
    04-14-2014 09:28 PM
    I noticed that I was a little sad to see that.. I had issues activating mine and took forever to figure it out... but yeah nothing it sucks
    04-14-2014 09:31 PM
    To everyone having an issue with the power button delay and/or connectivity issues: Try turning off Advertising ID. Working for me so far. Installing apps right now to see if anything else effects it. Also, I STRONGLY recommend doing a soft reset and making sure it's still turned off. Some features like wifi may have been disabled and won't be available until after you reset.
    04-14-2014 09:32 PM
    Found a new one for Lumina 520.. Internet Rxplorer video player messes up alot on YouTube, I have to refresh page couple of times to get videos to work :p
    No Xbox music on my phone and even I can't install it from app store :'(
    Try installing it using a laptop by accessing widowsphone.com it should autoinstall in your phone
    There are 4 windows phones in my house, two of them mine and my gf's, two my parents. We all wanted Cortana, me and my gf changed our language settings and all that before we updated, we got Cortana. However I updated my parents first and then tried to change the language settings to the English united states one, and the "phone language" option underniether doesn't carry over. It will for any language except that one :( I've tried every combination I could think of, even changing everything to Canada, restartig and trying to change everything to US and after hours it hasn't worked. So stumped
    04-14-2014 09:35 PM
    Wrong notification chime/sound is played while plugging in/laying down to charge. Not sure if bug or dumb decision to change.
    04-14-2014 09:39 PM
    There are 4 windows phones in my house, two of them mine and my gf's, two my parents. We all wanted Cortana, me and my gf changed our language settings and all that before we updated, we got Cortana. However I updated my parents first and then tried to change the language settings to the English united states one, and the "phone language" option underniether doesn't carry over. It will for any language except that one :( I've tried every combination I could think of, even changing everything to Canada, restartig and trying to change everything to US and after hours it hasn't worked. So stumped
    Check your keyboard if it only shows English, add another one, remove the English and then re-add English United States, check for an update, that should work granting you already have set your Microsoft live account to US, Language and Region
    04-14-2014 09:40 PM
    To everyone having an issue with the power button delay and/or connectivity issues: Try turning off Advertising ID. Working for me so far. Installing apps right now to see if anything else effects it. Also, I STRONGLY recommend doing a soft reset and making sure it's still turned off. Some features like wifi may have been disabled and won't be available until after you reset.
    In addition, as much as SOME may not want to do so, a hard reset (possibly including starting with a fresh phone) may be required. I realize this may not be part of Microsoft's "update instructions", but I've also visited the MSDN forums and this is a step that their mods are recommending as well (so don't get pissy when a WPCentral mod calls you "lazy" for not doing so.)
    04-14-2014 09:40 PM
2,721 ... 1314151617 ...