Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

I guess I'm lucky not having most of these issues. Mine had a few glitches here and there, and I soft reset about 3 times and got most of them working fine, except the three minor ones here:

1. Bluetooth Connectivity dropping: Connection to Bluetooth drops occasionally and takes a while to connect back up. It happens more often than before, where it rarely happened. Today it happened about 4 times within a span of an hour worth of driving.

2. When Cortana is connected to Bluetooth, the control to activate Cortana goes through to the phone and the screen says it's listening, but sometimes no sound is heard indicating that it is listening. Also, when I speak in that case, Cortana does not pick up what I say at all. Also, it drains a lot of battery. I don't know if this is a Bluetooth issue or Cortana issue.

3. Cortana: No alarm function is working. Cortana gives me this error every time I try to set any type of alarm (wake me up in ... minutes, set an alarm for ... minutes, etc.): "Something went wrong. Try again in a little bit." (8000ffff). It's been like this for the entire day. However, reminder works flawlessly, so it has to do with just the alarm-specific functions.

alarm function is working fine for me.

nnthemperor

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site

So then I'm supposed to panic? Because my 920 has been spinning for about two hours. Though it's almost full but does anybody else have that problem?

My update keeps failing. Tried up to four times. I complete the download and installation, as the main update starts, the gears starts spinning and after about 15 minutes stops completely and eventual I get the notification that the phone couldn't be updated

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

funnypharmacist

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site

I have a 520. The update completed without any problems. After the update as mentioned by some of the users here I did a hard reset and now it won't let me sign in via live id. "Try again after sometime" why is that so?

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site

I have a 520. The update completed without any problems. After the update as mentioned by some of the users here I did a hard reset and now it won't let me sign in via live id. "Try again after sometime" why is that so?

might be a server issue try again.

tlgem

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site

Odd I don't have the 2 vibrate settings under ringtones and sound on my icon ??

MameTozhio

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site

From XDA...

CDMA devices with issues.

Other people here have reported Glance not working and some apps just won't update or even work. Also excessive battery drain on occasion.

Jani Khurtsilava

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site

Got the issue in the Settings menu. Beginning from Nokia account coming to extras+info, I'm not able to open any of them. Messages send me to store for the update, but while updating it tells me that it's not possible and asks to try again.
89i9Y.png

05Paris

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I have Nokia Lumia 1520, when using xBox music in collection some do not play. Message is "Sorry, this item is unavailable." The music is in xd card. This problem began after 8.1 update. Some songs play. xBox video plays fine. Any suggestions...

Jaden Salh

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site

update on the notification problem, the previous replies were right..the apps need at least one notification for it to be included in your action center rotation.

thanks for the help everyone!

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site

? Photos Hub will not load all photos on an SD Card that is near full capacity due to changes in the OS now storing thumbnails on the card, which require more space than available.

You know, MS did i great favour to all 8gb memory phone owners by doing this. At present the thumbnails were being stored on your phone memory, and that amounted to almost 200-300 MB of others storage for a small picture library like mine.

Cigar2

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site

Can't update to 8.1 with my 520. Getting Couldn't update my phone. The code is (80188308)

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site

The new calendar is laggy and there are some glitches

I have added a image can you guys tell me what are those small violet lines
qujy5a2y.png

Last edited:

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site

Hi everyone, just to share an experience which might help some, do check whether your date and time is correct or not. Many many things go awry if your date isn't correct (learnt this the hard way after doing a soft reset). Some of your problems might get solved. (like gmail not syncing etc).

Dreadzy

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site

Hi, I made an account to post this - I'm on the Lumia 928 (Verizon) and I'm unable to sign into my Microsoft account when prompted - whether it's from attempting to use Cortana, or attempting to update my applications through the store. I've tried a soft reset but it didn't do any good. Is anyone else having the same issue? Is it just Msoft's servers or my phone? I got off Wifi and am trying to use just 4G, but still to no avail.

I did a hard reset and it is now working. Nevermind!

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

just remember this is a dev preview, your phone will perform better once it receives an updated firmware during the summer.

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site

Random display freezes, touch not recognized, smgdh.

I cant coorect a mistyped word because the huge floaty cursor is gone

0flop0

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site

After much goofing around and panic, I found two things that seemed to fix my problems...
1. Couldn't get to the store, very slow, apps crashing out..: 3-finger saluted my phone (hard reset), and this fixed these issues.
2. My network stack wasn't working (neither wifi nor cell data). this one put me into panic mode, and a hard reset did nothing. The culprit was VPN. I had tested trying to set up VPN, which was unsuccessful because apparently it requires "Enterprise VPN". Anyway, if you try to set up VPN, then it is set to automatically connect by default. Obviously mine wasn't working, so it was in an infinite loop trying to connect, making my network unusable. I had to switch to airplane mode to interrupt the infinite loop, then delete the VPN connection.
Nothing is broken at this time. The phone is definitely much more sluggish than with Windows 8. I'm running an HTC 8X on AT&T.

Kyorin

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Haven't tried many apps yet but Glance no longer works properly. Can't open the app itself, and at night when it would normally just display the clock in red (instead of my glance background), the screen goes black instead. The glance screen that I normally have during waking hours still displays as normal, but as mentioned, I can't open the app and so can't make any changes. Aside from that, all ok so far.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans