03-30-2016 06:41 AM
2,721 ... 2425262728 ...
tools
    May be able to do the Nokia Software Suite (NSU) restore on it? NOKIA SOFTWARE SUITE http://www.windowscentral.com/suffering-spinning-cogs-issue-nokia-windows-phone-fix
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    04-15-2014 11:30 AM
    Xbox music is somewhat slow and laggy.
    Nokia storyteller messed up everything. Wrong thumbnail but right picture on my story/album. So I uninstalled it for now.
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    04-15-2014 11:31 AM
    I'm fine till now. Only I can't get Cortana in Store although I already change region to United states.

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    After uninstalling FB and then reinstalling it again. Seem like FB app doesn't give me notification anymore, and in action center settings, I cannot find FB app anymore.
    Go into the facebook app and choose Settings. Mine show up in there which to turn on and off. Also go into Settings->Battery Saver-> and look for the facebook app and make sure its allowed to run in the background. May help.
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    There's something wrong with my Cortana since this morning.. No matter what i ask her.. The only reply i get is ' sorry i didn't catch that'..how ever she does reply in text when i type in my query.. Could you guys suggest what the problem might be..
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    04-15-2014 11:32 AM
    I went through hell trying to get Xbox Music to work over Bluetooth in my car and just quit and used my cars radio. But it has since been working fine with everything else, could have just been a glitch moment for it. I really hope the update that though cause the interface sucks compared to 8.0. everything else has worked beautifully so far! Quite an awesome update!
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    04-15-2014 11:34 AM
    ​I doubt I'm the only person that is experiencing this, but has anyone else noticed that every connection fluctuates wildly? I'm currently watching my LTE connection on my L928 change every second from 1 to 2 to 3 bars, and back down. This occurred on WiFi at home as well.

Maybe the matching firmware update from Nokia will fix this...
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    04-15-2014 11:35 AM
    Have closed like most of the Apps already. Its still draining in an alarming speed. went from 40 to 18 in 15 mins even without using. :(
    Most probably it will, until you turn off some 'allowed' apps updates in the Settings > Battery Saver > Usage.
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    04-15-2014 11:37 AM
    MY Lumia 1020 is also draining fast. only got around 5 hours use on whatsapp today, and had to recharge. This was with the battery saver turned on as well.
    Other than that, no issues with 8.1, Cortana works great.
    The geofencing should be working correctly when its realeased worldwide, i can get mine to work, but the location settings trigger a few minutes after they should. No biggie on this.
    But the battery drain sucks. I am hoping that having opened every single app en setting will now fix this, as i had to do this with my previous 920 before it settled.
    +1 Exactly the same thing on my 1020. Battery didn't last half a day with normal usage and geo fencing is not working at all. :(
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    04-15-2014 11:40 AM
    Go into the facebook app and choose Settings. Mine show up in there which to turn on and off. Also go into Settings->Battery Saver-> and look for the facebook app and make sure its allowed to run in the background. May help.
    Tried that and still no FB in Action Center setting.
    Everything's turned on in FB notification setting
    FB's allowed to run in background

But FB still doesn't give me notification anymore, both application itself and Action Center (which is absent in the beginning)
    I guess that I might have to hard reset my phone
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    04-15-2014 11:41 AM
    I cant find the notification bar on WP8.1
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    04-15-2014 11:46 AM
    Have problems with:
    Photo Hub - have to 'update' all photos many times without boot the phone, didn't save some photos, lag, lag lag (I have +10k photos in camera roll and saved pictures).
    Music APP - LAG, LAG, LAG.
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    04-15-2014 11:47 AM
    I cant find the notification bar on WP8.1
    That's cause there is none? Only toasts, live tiles, and action center.
    hopmedic and rockstarzzz like this.
    04-15-2014 11:48 AM
    ​I doubt I'm the only person that is experiencing this, but has anyone else noticed that every connection fluctuates wildly? I'm currently watching my LTE connection on my L928 change every second from 1 to 2 to 3 bars, and back down. This occurred on WiFi at home as well.

Maybe the matching firmware update from Nokia will fix this...
    yes, me too.
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    04-15-2014 11:58 AM
    MS & Nokia should add facebook messenger app back to the message app(the good old feature),need data toggle in action center
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    04-15-2014 11:59 AM
    After I inserted my pin for the simcard, the "insert pin" screen stays there and goes away after my phone made contact with the provider. In WP8 the screen goes away immediately, which is better in my opinion.

The camera takes longer to launch and the flits fires AFTER i made a picture, even when i turned flits off.

IE11 crashes sometimes and keeps reloading some websites and then crashes.

My phone is an Ativ S GT-i8750
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    04-15-2014 12:01 PM
    Cant set the 24 Hour time format. I have English language as OS, but Dutch Region. Still shows AM/PM in Calander
    Same here, I think it's because of a bug in the Calendar. With 8.1, it's an app, and I think the app does not check the 24/12 format state, but it's stuck on 12 Hours format, or hard coded to do as the region setting are (which defaults to 12 Hours format)
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    04-15-2014 12:03 PM
    Can't enter the advanced settings in IE11, when I click it the app turns back to the website (throws me out of settings). Also after the latest games update I can't see my collection, which I could see before. Oh and one last thing, the WPCentral app goes transparent when you select a background image, but when you open the app it goes back to the theme color. After a while it goes transparent again but it is pretty annoying when all apps are transparent and this app turns back to a color :|
    agmanuel and rockstarzzz like this.
    04-15-2014 12:07 PM
    Only issue I am seeing on my 1520 is here and there a delay in my power button (that seems fixed with a soft reset, knock on wood). I got the phone configured to where I want, wifi I am still working on. Only weird issue is when I go to turn the phone, it says "resuming"
    I have never done a hard reset.....do I lose everything??? I know I keep 8.1, but my contacts, apps, appointments in calender, all gone? Anyone else getting that "resuming" screen? If so did you do a hard reset? Any luck? Finally those that have done the dev. preview in the past, does MS roll out patches sooner than later??
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    04-15-2014 12:08 PM
    Having A weird problem... When ever I get a notification from Messenger the notification is shown twice.. Every Notification is shown twice.. !! Any one similar problem ???
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    04-15-2014 12:09 PM
    Only issue I am seeing on my 1520 is here and there a delay in my power button (that seems fixed with a soft reset, knock on wood). I got the phone configured to where I want, wifi I am still working on. Only weird issue is when I go to turn the phone, it says "resuming"
    I have never done a hard reset.....do I lose everything??? I know I keep 8.1, but my contacts, apps, appointments in calender, all gone? Anyone else getting that "resuming" screen? If so did you do a hard reset? Any luck? Finally those that have done the dev. preview in the past, does MS roll out patches sooner than later??
    I only remember one patch for GDR3. I am also not experiencing any of this on my 920.
    husslord and rockstarzzz like this.
    04-15-2014 12:10 PM
    I hate the changes in people's hub now. The way the pics and updates from fb was areal cool feature. Especially, for the pics it was very good. I hate the way the LAME fb app launches now. Very disappointed with that.
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    04-15-2014 12:19 PM
    For me its battery draining horribly even with cortana off.
    Other than that the phone is bit laggy, don't want to reset cause of all the game data etc.
    I hope it gets fixed soon.
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    04-15-2014 12:23 PM
    I have downloaded and installed 8.1 and everything seems good (BTW Verizon 8x - the calendar (outlook, Hotmail and google) e-mail accounts, notification screens, podcaster etc) and have noticed two things. 1) I have more space available on my phone (old 3.65 G - Now 6 G) and Cortana doesn't play well with WiFi. I can get her to function fully with LTE or even CMDA BUT when connected to WiFi she can't give me my interests nor can she hear my requests. Turn the WiFi off on the phone and she's great. I just did a soft reset to see if it resolves the issue but won't be in WiFi for a while. Did anyone else have this issue? I'd hate to do a hard reset but that may be necessary.
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    04-15-2014 12:28 PM
    When I connect my phone to the computer, the Windows Phone app that comes up doesn't have the "What's on your phone" section, also missing a way to add files.

Can still do it through explorer, but, as the saying goes, "There's an app for that"...
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    04-15-2014 12:35 PM
2,721 ... 2425262728 ...