Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Cruzebe

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Samsung ATIV S , I ' ve got a reboot loop bug about every 30 sec a reboot after restart .

After the third hard reset I have managed somehow to block the automatic app download so blocked the Samsung extra's and now the phone seem stable the bug has something to do with the extra Samsung apps I guess.

I think Microsoft uses the Developers program to test the new software .

Ramazan Bilgin

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: [Official] Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

i am not able to send text messages to anyone. My carrier is Tmobile and my phone brand is Lumia 925. i live in the U.S.

dxdy

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site

is anyone have problems with IE on data connection (no problems on WiFi)? wont open pages.... UC Browser for example working fine...

sketchedout

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site

I have the following issues since updating. I cannot open my wallet app. It tries then goes back to start screen. To get the 20 quid promotion on my 1520 I ended up having to go to actual browser address and redeem manually as in addition I am not able to copy text. Also I don't seem to be able to play videos in sites like ign which I thought after updating I would be able to. I have tried a soft reset but no change. I want to avoid hard reset as I've read a few people have had issues. Any suggestions?

Update: I've now done a hard reset without issue which has sorted my main issues. Also I now have all the new backgrounds for the start screen which I didn't realise hadn't come through with the update originally. I still cannot play video links on ign website though which i'm not sure why because PC is fine and I thought the newer Internet explorer for phones was going to play most in line videos

Last edited:

Dratwister

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site

:( even after hard reset to a clean and clear phone. Action Center still doesn't have Facebook (this time, also Messenger) :(

anon(8763384)

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

When I turn on 4G my smartphone gets lost on managing connections> e.g.: it shows that 4G is enabled (4 bars of signal) but when I access apps or IE, i get connection erros. When it shows that conection is lost (no bars and no 4G) internet Works well on apps and IE. Lumia 820 no carrier.

anon(8763384)

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

:( even after hard reset to a clean and clear phone. Action Center still doesn't have Facebook (this time, also Messenger) :(

The apps go automatically to notification center if they receive notifications. Try using then until you get notification banners.

Cruzebe

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site

Ok, this issue is killing me. I have installed the WP 8.1 properly on my Ativ S, and it was working really fine. So, I restarted my phone later, but since then it's like it was stuck on some weird restart loop. The phone turn on properly, but after 10 or 20 secs, enters in flight mode and restarts by itself. I have already did 2 master resets and the issue it's still there...
Any sugestion??

After the hard reset , go to the Store setting and kill the automatic download for Samsung extra's , It worked for me .
I hope it stays stable now , I will wait a while to download apps till I am sure they are 8.1 compatible.

Dratwister

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site

The apps go automatically to notification center if they receive notifications. Try using then until you get notification banners.

I hope so. Cause now every other 3rd party app are missing in action center setting. Even Skype isn't there anymore after hard reset

Jonathan Cable

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

I have been plagued with the power button delay and random reboots issue on my HTC 8XT all day yesterday. Last night I turned off the WiFi and have not had the issues again, unless i turn on the WiFi. So it looks like both issues are directly related to the WiFi. I talked to an Nokia Icon owner who was having the same issues and once he turned off the WiFi, his issues went away also. So anyone who is having the random reboots and delay of the phone waking up when the power button is pushed should try turning off the WiFi and see if it works for you.

Luis_Oliveira

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site

After the hard reset , go to the Store setting and kill the automatic download for Samsung extra's , It worked for me .
I hope it stays stable now , I will wait a while to download apps till I am sure they are 8.1 compatible.

I tried this trick here, but... It only works untill I turn the cellphone off. I tested it before ever download any app, but the loop happened again. The only solution is keep the phone on (sad) or do a downgrade (sadier)...

SharkLaserz

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

Noticed my 8X is very laggy during phone calls, when I have to press 1 for something, 2 for something else, etc.. Have to tap the numbers many times before phone does anything.

Christopher Celotto

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site

Hi everyone,

I have a Nokia Lumia Icon and have been having a problem with the lock screen since the 8.1 developer preview update. When I hit my lock button, it takes a significant amount of time for the screen to turn back on, and it sometimes requires multiple presses of the lock button. I tried a hard reset, but the problem persists.

Has anyone experienced this issue? If so, any solutions?

Thank you,
Chris

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site

Hi everyone,

I have a Nokia Lumia Icon and have been having a problem with the lock screen since the 8.1 developer preview update. When I hit my lock button, it takes a significant amount of time for the screen to turn back on, and it sometimes requires multiple presses of the lock button. I tried a hard reset, but the problem persists.

Has anyone experienced this issue? If so, any solutions?

Thank you,
Chris

Yes...a lot of us are seeing this...if you read the page before this you'll see that turning off Wifi (permanently) seems to fix the issue.

dem224

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site

Good to see others found the same work around for unlocking lag, turning WiFi off. Of course its not a good long term fix but from a root cause standpoint it seems that we're moving in the right direction.

kbagrows

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
8.1 Update - thoughts/experience

I know this is being discussed in other threads, but I thought we should start a new thread that directly discusses the upgrade to 8.1 on the 810 and any problems encountered.

I updated yesterday - the process was seamless - a lot easier than my updated to Windows 8.1 - Ha!

Anyway, after one restart following the update, everything seems to be running buttery smooth. At first I thought this update was much ado about nothing. As I've played with it for a day- it is a great updated. Really digging the new appearance, the background picture, cortana, and the notification center.

For us Lumia 810 owners, the ability to install apps to the SD card is a game changer. I have a 64 GB card - so far, it seems like apps on my SD card load a little slower (to be expected). That being said, I kept my "daily driver" apps on the phone, but games, etc., I moved to the SD card. In practice, I think this really opens the door to us.

I have not noticed a single problem yet. Will post back if I do. Loving this update so far - has reignited my love for the 810!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium