Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

suniltamboli

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: [Official] Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Anyone know how to save WiFi network on the phone ? I am tired of entering password again and again.

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site

I'm on HTC8S, I updated my phone, changed to 'Save all apps to SD' option, and now when I restart my phone I am getting error message saying, SD card seems to be corrupted, and we recommend to fix the problems, Yes/No? After I select No, it starts normally.
HOwever, sometimes the apps I installed and run from SD card are pretty laggy or not working properly. They are freezing and when I come back to tart screen, swipe left to see list of apps, there are just black icons and I cannot run any app. It gets to normal after few seconds, but it really is not comfrotable.

Other than that:

1. Lync 2013 - doesn't work. It's just strting up and then fall back to start screen
2. Skype - doesn't work. It never signs in while using my ussual account details
3. Bing Sport - my phone restarted while I was installing the app and it now cannot be re-installed again.
4. IE - Advanced settings not working. Simply launch IE, go to Settings, scroll down and press advanced settings. It falls back to IE window, no advanced settings can be changed...
5. Swipe only work for en-us keyboard
6. Alarm gets delayed. Today I set alram to 7AM, but it was actually ringin 7:02AM.

All in all, I am bit dissapointed as I would expect much more. One thing I really do not understand, WP has very low market share in the US and they have all the extra features. Yeah, I know MS is US company, blablabla, but this is business and not a charity. They should serve well to ALL their customers and not only those few US based. :/

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

Anyone know how to save WiFi network on the phone ? I am tired of entering password again and again.
heard this for 1st time. once you connect a wifi network entering the password its saved next time you just have to on your wifi and it will connect automatically. i have wifi at home i dont have to enter password again and again until i don't change my wifi password

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

I'm on HTC8S, I updated my phone, changed to 'Save all apps to SD' option, and now when I restart my phone I am getting error message saying, SD card seems to be corrupted, and we recommend to fix the problems, Yes/No? After I select No, it starts normally.
HOwever, sometimes the apps I installed and run from SD card are pretty laggy or not working properly. They are freezing and when I come back to tart screen, swipe left to see list of apps, there are just black icons and I cannot run any app. It gets to normal after few seconds, but it really is not comfrotable.

Other than that:

1. Lync 2013 - doesn't work. It's just strting up and then fall back to start screen
2. Skype - doesn't work. It never signs in while using my ussual account details
3. Bing Sport - my phone restarted while I was installing the app and it now cannot be re-installed again.
4. IE - Advanced settings not working. Simply launch IE, go to Settings, scroll down and press advanced settings. It falls back to IE window, no advanced settings can be changed...
5. Swipe only work for en-us keyboard :/

All in all, I am bit dissapointed as I would expect much more. One thing I really do not understand, WP has very low market share in the US and they have all the extra features. Yeah, I know MS is US company, blablabla, but this is business and not a charity. They should serve well to ALL their customers and not only those few US based. :/
for your sd card issue use a class 6 or class 10 sd card

Harishankar T

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

Xbox music in my phone is not working now,I tried to remove sd card with the phone on, any solution for this

anon(5579515)

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

Anyone had an issue with message syncing? I changed my message settings to 'Download all messages', and it's just been stuck syncing for a whole day, with multiple restarts...

iAdrian23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

Anyone had an issue with message syncing? I changed my message settings to 'Download all messages', and it's just been stuck syncing for a whole day, with multiple restarts...
After I had a hard-reset I still had all of my old messages. So no, I'm not experiencing your bug. Try soft-resetting your phone?

siddharth1102

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site

The recent Xbox games update screwed it for me. It isn't showing games anymore, anyone else too facing the same problem or its just me? :\

Mohamed Ashid

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

The recent Xbox games update screwed it for me. It isn't showing games anymore, anyone else too facing the same problem or its just me? :\

The update is screwed. So you are not alone.
It just shows:
"Couldn't open that. Try again"

AnanaSS

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site

Somebody installed the update on HTC? Any issues?

Sent from my RM-914_eu_hungary_422 using Tapatalk

sagara0510

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site

Lumia 925

camera stopped working and the phone gets really hot even when idle.

battery only lasts 2-3 hours from full charge.

hopefully this gets fixed :(

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site

Ok so I have a weird problem. Before updating, all the media shared via Whatsapp was being stored in a folder called Whatsapp in Pictures folder. SInce updating to windows 8.1, i see another folder pop up, called Other Pictures, with whatsapp pics shared and i cant find it on the memory card anywhere. Anyone having same problem?

Same problem with me..btw which app aare you using for navigation in Mumbai ??

Here + or default MAPS ?
IMO default map is better but voice navigation is good in here+

mikey2toes

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site

HTC 8x with wp8.1 its a bit laggy and the battery drain is crazy. From 100 to 44% overnight not being used.

wpbazaar

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

Oddness with existing office365 email account. Live tile gone, can't pin it again. Appears in notifications however. Too scared to try recreating account as i can't lose this email

Phew, the tile wasn't gone, it had moved all by itself to the bottom of the list. The icon was different so I didn't spot it at first.

Mostafa Saleh

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

No XBOX music live tiles and

no artist show when playing music in lock screen

music artist background showing in low resolution ... but the one in now playing looks in high resolution

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786