03-30-2016 06:41 AM
2,721 ... 3940414243 ...
tools
    Guys, reset the phone and wipe everything but do a backup first and most of your issues will disappear. Even after the wipe and reset, I have issues with wifi and the store.
    I agree with you...
    My people hub back to normal after reset...
    (however game save still lost)
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    04-17-2014 04:05 AM
    I just updated my Lumia 920 normally. No hard resets. Updating was pretty ok. The gears did take some time. Its advisable to remove the SIM before updating the phone. The gears seem to take a longer time with the SIM inside the phone. I still feel that the OS is lagging at places. MS should rectify this before we become the laughing stock of our Droid brethren. Not very much but during some of the transitions, switching or closing tabs in IE etc., the lag is pretty apparent. Otherwise, its smooth enough overall (for the sheer number of features this packs). My biggest gripe apart from the Music app is the requirement for location to be on to do a phone search in Bing. I am not sure if this is due to enabling Cortana. But why does a phone search require location is beyond me. I am yet to observe some of the other bugs in this thread. Mostly it has been a pleasant experience save for the battery drain and heating issues. Got it inspected at Nokia Care and they said it was perfectly fine. It has to be the new OS functions. I did a soft reset and full charge. The drain "slowed" down a little but still is very much quick. May be it takes time for the OS to understand the usage and allocate tasks accordingly.
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    04-17-2014 04:20 AM
    Here on my Nokia Lumia 1320 the video app force closes after selecting a video..
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    04-17-2014 04:33 AM
    so, there is no longer option to upload pictures to onedrive from gallery? or is there something wrong with my phone, ignoring ie11 working only on wi fi... :/
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    04-17-2014 04:51 AM
    Games app won't show my games
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    04-17-2014 05:05 AM
    Another bug I found that my Lumia 520 is unable to run University WIFI.
    It required proxy in order to connect with my phone in order to connect with phone.
    But initially when I connect it it says no internet access [ which is right] but it doenst add that WIFI to my WIFI list so Im able to change the proxy settings from there.
    So I cant use that WIFI.
    I think other also have these problems with connecting to proxy internet connections.
    it worked in Windows phone 8
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    04-17-2014 05:07 AM
    For some reason mobile data isn't functioning properly in my Lumia 820. It's switched on but I don't get any internet from it.
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    04-17-2014 05:12 AM
    I am facing WiFi issue.. Wifi not connects automatically, even i observed that sometimes when router reboots, wifi shows available network only doesn't connects.
    I use open WIFI , no security key :P , still when i enable the wifi from notification center , it doesn't connects. is it only me :(
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    04-17-2014 05:16 AM
    The having to manually connect on wi-fi is a small issue..and the way around the intermittent power button failure to wake up is to turn on the double tap to wake..

I've poorer battery life to with everything turned off..email set to check as told hourly..and also on charging..failing to show it charging for up to a minute...when it does this..it always gets extremely hot..and a soft reboot clears the issue for awhile..

One other issue...i lost my volume control for the external speak on apps games..phone calls..wasn't in the drop down menu on the volume button push..just head phones..several reboots it just showed back up

If your having power button issues..try turning on double tap to wake..it helped mine..

Mac
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    04-17-2014 05:24 AM
    Is it just my phone or some apps fail to exit on WP8.1 preview? Try opening and closing Calendar and/or Battery saver... They still appear to be open on task viewer, even if they are supposed to be closed.
    Lumia 1020
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    04-17-2014 05:26 AM
    Just updated to wp 8.1 and found my nokia 1520 has no sound on speaker phone when calling or receiving call. Turning on loud speaker is ok without any problem. can anyone help ?
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    04-17-2014 05:35 AM
    If you get in some serious trouble follow the link Joe Belfiore gave on twitter : Msdn forums - Windows Phone Preview OS Issues
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    04-17-2014 05:38 AM
    As of yet, two bugs occured (nothing major).

- Can't access the advanced settings in IE, it crashes
    - Searching for music in the Bing app (I'm in Canada) and tapping on what it found opens the Music app and then an empty black screen.
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    04-17-2014 05:50 AM
    I'm considering lack of comma button and old in line editing as a big defect. That's madness, it takes twice as much time to type as it would with these functions.
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    04-17-2014 05:59 AM
    SAMSUNG ATIV S camera bug, problems with flash :-( after taking a photo, flash light again :-/ and sometime camera doesnot work (black screen) button bug, sometimes windows (home) button doesnot work.
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    04-17-2014 06:02 AM
    Calendar 📅 app not closing until X is pressed... Was this a bug or a new feature??
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    04-17-2014 06:19 AM
    I'm considering lack of comma button and old in line editing as a big defect. That's madness, it takes twice as much time to type as it would with these functions.
    Please check Keyboard Option
    rockstarzzz and WinSammie like this.
    04-17-2014 06:19 AM
    I lost my notification display on Glance , I can only see the time displayed although it clearly says there in the description in the setting that "glance shows you time and notifications" don't know what to do , it was really helpful before
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    04-17-2014 06:26 AM
    The comma button is still there, look in settings. As for the in-line editing, yeah thats irritating....that little circle is too small to grab, plus it moves under your finger like ios and android, if you have a large finger you cant see where it is!! Bah!
    04-17-2014 06:56 AM
    WP 8.1 is great overall but now my Windows Key is useless.. how do I assign it to bring up the Cortana app so I can call people lol
    04-17-2014 06:59 AM
    The comma button is still there, look in settings. As for the in-line editing, yeah thats irritating....that little circle is too small to grab, plus it moves under your finger like ios and android, if you have a large finger you cant see where it is!! Bah!
    I don't get your problem with the editing cursor, once you press down on the little circle you don't need to keep your finger on the text, you can just bring your finger down while swiping so you can see perfectly fine what you're doing... It's so much easier and faster...
    nikhilr51 and rockstarzzz like this.
    04-17-2014 07:02 AM
    My Lumia 620 works perfectly so far, only problem I faced was once the start, back & search buttons stopped vibrating all of a sudden but still did the job...
    other problem little freezes here n there but not major ones...now all apps r behaving verynicely... maybe better RAM management...!!!
    Love the new update...!WP8.1 now Nokia Lumia Cyan shud be hell lot of fun than before...its like the WP has finally come of age!!!
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    04-17-2014 07:28 AM
    The image search doesn't appear to be working properly. Sometimes only one or two images come up, sometimes none. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    04-17-2014 07:30 AM
    the phone apparently has a better battery life & works like a charm...even the Apps resume very fast..which was not the case with Lumia Black...!!
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    04-17-2014 07:30 AM
    Calendar 📅 app not closing until X is pressed... Was this a bug or a new feature??
    a new feature. now all apps would remain open till you close them by clicking x or by swiping down.
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    04-17-2014 07:32 AM
2,721 ... 3940414243 ...