Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Hello

I've upgraded (if we can call this an upgrade) my device to WP8.1 and my facebook and whatsapp notifications are no longer reliable.

I think that the removal of the facebook integration is questionable, but I could deal with it if i received notifications. I tried the Facebook Messenger and the ICQ and most of the time they don't show notifications.

I've reseted my device three times today and it only bgan working on the third. Even so, the notification only appear on the notification center. The Live Tile became static.

Is there something to do to receive notifications reliably?

anon(5579515)

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: [Official] Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Gapless playback? In 8.1 Microsoft went one step further and introduced gappy playback... A glitch after every song to break the flow entirely...

kishtyle

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site

Hi All,
I own a Nokia Lumia 1020. Like all others I have been waiting for WP 8.1 update. As, Developer Preview is here, I wish to download it. So, before taking this step, I request someone who already updated Lumia 1020 to post a video outlining their experiences. I live in India so, it will be nice if someone from India posts the video.

Thanks in advance.

MetalHd

Mar 24, 2009
Visit site

My wallet just returns to desktop as well. And any purchase in the app store returns to desktop.

I cannot delete my live id and re-add.

Hoping not to hard reset until the OS can backup ALL third party isolated storage.

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site

I have same problem with those black/greyed out ones. Same happens time to time with list of apps. Icons are simply great out.

It seems to be related to the SD card and delay in accessing files on SD card. All was working fine on my WP8, but this problem just occurs after I updated to WP8.1.

another bug:

- Bing image doesn't refresh on Lock screen. I thought they will fix this in WP8.1, but problem is still there, you always need to change manually.

Drzewiec

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

I have same problem with those black/greyed out ones. Same happens time to time with list of apps. Icons are simply great out.

It seems to be related to the SD card and delay in accessing files on SD card. All was working fine on my WP8, but this problem just occurs after I updated to WP8.1.

But I have 920 so its not about SD card. I found out that system thinks there are still folders that i deleted earlier. So i created a new folder with the same name and then delete again and this greys things disappear. Sadly not all of them - I had more folders before but i don`t remember their names so i cant do this trick to fix this 100%. Any other ideas?

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site

even worse :) I thought about installing everything to phone memory and not SD card, but it seems there is different root cause to this bug. strange.

joao91

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site

On my Lumia 920, my Facebook app crashes even before the login, so now I don't have any facebook integration (because they removed the native, big mistake). I have done a hard reset, reinstalling and nothing solves the issue! Any idea what should I do?

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site

- where is the Me Tile? Was it removed completely? I'd like to pin it to Start Screen, but can't find it.

HTC13

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site

Go to the people hub. At the top of your contacts list, press your names tile. It will take you to the "Me" page, then select the pin button at the bottom and you are now pinned to start.

HTC13

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site

- where is the Me Tile? Was it removed completely? I'd like to pin it to Start Screen, but can't find it.

Go to the people hub. At the top of your contacts list, press your names tile. It will take you to the "Me" page, then select the pin button at the bottom and you are now pinned to start.

eugene89us

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site

Using Lumia 925:

- When I silence Media/Apps volume rocker and come back to it after a while to re-enable it, clicking the music note icon does not restore volume to previous setting. I have to manually move the slider. This does not occur with Ringer+Notifications - clicking the bell always restores to the default setting prior to silent mode. If I just disable the music note and immediately re-enable it, it does what it is supposed to. But once I let phone go into sleep for some time, this glitch occurs.

- Right after upgrading, AT&T dropped Visual Voicemail on my phone. It appeared briefly after upgrade, then completely disappeared. Had to contact AT&T to delete my VVM box and re-enable it. It finally showed up after that, but took over 60 minutes to resolve. I imaging AT&T will program their system to recognize WP8.1 as a VVM-supported platform.

- Had a single episode of power button taking 5 seconds to turn on the screen, but all other times without issues.

- WiFi always shows low number of bars, although no issues with connectivity or browsing. Not sure if it is simply a software bug without affecting performance. IE11 is very slow displaying some heavy web-sites, such as desktop version of wireless.att.com - takes a while refreshing the screen until it lets you interact with the web page.

Those are my gripes so far. Have not identified any other issues yet.

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site

aaah. I couldn't figure it out. haha. cheers

tropolite

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site

I installed the Windows Phone 8.1 DP, and I've been relatively happy with the improvements.

My couple days with 8.1 I firstly noticed battery drain to be faster than before and a reduction in WiFi strength. I attempted to soft reset my phone to fix the drain and possibly the WiFi issue however after the soft reset and resetting the time and date the WiFi connections I could make before no longer work. I'll try again when I get into some stronger signal coverage.

For being a Developers Preview its pretty damn impressive and I look forward to these bugs disappearing once the full release becomes available as well as the firmware Cyan from Nokia.

PS Love WordFlow! And many other new features.
PSS How hard would it be to create a wrapper app for Bing Vision so we can pin it to the Start Screen??? It's a hassle to use it now for QR codes etc... just saying

Jay Thang

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site

1. When you change the region to US on settings > after cortana appears it will keep phone restarting over and over again
2. When you place cortana on your start screen, same issue will appear
3. If you remove the haptic feedback same issue occurs
4. Camera app crashes

---all of these issues will end up as a 30 sec restart and it will happen everytime. This issue occurs on ATIV S

tlgem

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site

Started last night the power button quit working had to wake the phone with the camera button
A re boot cleared it up but this morning it happened again?
Looks like I may need a hard reset DAMN!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss