Preorders are now LIVEfor all of the new Surface devicesfor Fall 2021

03-30-2016 06:41 AM
2,721 ... 4445464748 ...
tools
    My Lumia 620 worked fine on Windows phone 8. But after installing Windows phone 8.1 everything changed. New UI transitions are not smooth enough. Now it's like playing with a low end Android phone. It is lagging a lot. Some times tiles become gray color during the closing and switching of Apps. It's not because of the background process running, I have disabled every apps from running in back ground.
    I can feel the performance difference between 8 and 8.1 in my phone while playing games like temple run. Temple run was smooth in Windows phone 8. 😞
    I hope MS will cleared these issues in the official release.

Gmail account won't synchronise when download full message is enabled

In my phone it is not possible to find whether the Bluetooth is on our not

Very difficult to move cursor between texts

Xbox music app can't shows songs more than 100 in the playlist. And it has very slow performance

New photo hub is terrible Windows phone 8 photos hub was amazing

Battery sense not showing live tiles

Did you hard reset after update?
    . No, i did it before updating

Camera app is showing a blank screen after taking Photos

Keyboard suggestions doesn't show some common words. Fire example Sometimes I can't find the word " Photo"

Xbox video app is very slow to start. while in offline mode when i start the app, it directly opens personal videos section, and it is unresponsive
    for 3-5 seconds.

Phone freezes after opening narrator options
    Last edited by rockstarzzz; 04-18-2014 at 10:08 AM.
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    04-18-2014 09:36 AM
    My Lumia 620 worked fine on Windows phone 8. But after installing Windows phone 8.1 everything changed. New UI transitions are not smooth enough. Now it's like playing with a low end Android phone. It is lagging a lot. Some times tiles become gray color during the closing and switching of Apps. It's not because of the background process running, I have disabled every apps from running in back ground.
    I can feel the performance difference between 8 and 8.1 in my phone while playing games like temple run. Temple run was smooth in Windows phone 8. ��
    I hope MS will cleared these issues in the official release.
    Did you hard reset after update?
    Muessig likes this.
    04-18-2014 09:45 AM
    I have one big problem, after hard resetting my Ativ S (Bell Canada), my data has stopped working. It says it's "on" but there's no connection at all. Any ideas on what I should do? I'm considering hard resetting again (because it's so easy on WP8.1 now :P )
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    04-18-2014 09:55 AM
    Someone have the issue of no connect to the PC via USB cable? My phone charge even when doesn't show it doing it, but tell me!
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    04-18-2014 09:55 AM
    [tip]
    Every single last post from this point up has been read, analysed and tested to see if it is a valid bug complaint. We have done this to make sure the OP is a valuable community resource. Any duplicate bugs that are already on the list in the OP from this point on will be deleted[/tip]
    anon(7900571) and rockstarzzz like this.
    04-18-2014 10:04 AM
    This doesn't seem to be working on my 810. I got the Preview for Developers app on my phone via the QR code in the article by Sam on the main page. Went into it, clicked Next, then "Accept" for the terms and all that. Then it says "Connecting to server" but just goes to a blank white page. After a few minutes, I went to Settings to check for new phone updates, but I got an error message saying "Unable to check for updates at this time" with some code. What am I doing wrong?
    04-18-2014 10:04 AM
    This doesn't seem to be working on my 810. I got the Preview for Developers app on my phone via the QR code in the article by Sam on the main page. Went into it, clicked Next, then "Accept" for the terms and all that. Then it says "Connecting to server" but just goes to a blank white page. After a few minutes, I went to Settings to check for new phone updates, but I got an error message saying "Unable to check for updates at this time" with some code. What am I doing wrong?
    What's the error code? Also, did you try a soft reset?
    04-18-2014 10:06 AM
    That's not a tip...
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    04-18-2014 10:08 AM
    That's not a tip...
    Tip that saves you from being recognised as a spammer, yes a tip.
    anon(7900571) likes this.
    04-18-2014 10:09 AM
    Facebook app doesn't close by pressing the back button. It is still present in the multitasking window. You have to close it from there.
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    04-18-2014 10:10 AM
    Facebook app doesn't close by pressing the back button. It is still present in the multitasking window. You have to close it from there.
    Read this post - http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...ml#post2454567
    04-18-2014 10:12 AM
    You did sign up as a developer (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...j193592.aspx)? It will error out if you aren't. You might have to wait a bit for the bit to flip on your Microsoft account.
    04-18-2014 10:19 AM
    What's the error code? Also, did you try a soft reset?
    Here's exactly what it reads: We are currently unable to check for updates (80072f8f). I haven't done a soft reset yet, but I'll try it.
    04-18-2014 10:20 AM
    You did sign up as a developer (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...j193592.aspx)? It will error out if you aren't. You might have to wait a bit for the bit to flip on your Microsoft account.
    Yes, that was the first thing I did. It then took me to the Preview for Developers app page, but I didn't click install on that because my SIM is currently in my 925 and I didn't want to update that phone. That's why I got it directly on my 810 via the QR code reader. Or do I have to have the micro SIM in my 810 to do this? I'm so lost.
    04-18-2014 10:21 AM
    Soft reset didn't help. I'm still getting that error message.
    04-18-2014 10:24 AM
    Here's exactly what it reads: We are currently unable to check for updates (80072f8f). I haven't done a soft reset yet, but I'll try it.
    Searched your issue and found this: http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...re-update.html

Short answer: Check your date! :)
    metalchick719 and DavidinCT like this.
    04-18-2014 10:25 AM
    Searched your issue and found this: http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...re-update.html

Short answer: Check your date! :)
    Thank you so much!!! I hadn't even realized the phone's calendar was showing the day as Veteran's Day, lol. Now it seems to be working! Thanks again!
    04-18-2014 10:33 AM
    Thank you so much!!! I hadn't even realized the phone's calendar was showing the day as Veteran's Day, lol. Now it seems to be working! Thanks again!
    No problem! Enjoy 8.1!!! :D
    metalchick719 likes this.
    04-18-2014 10:37 AM
    [tip]
    Every single last post from this point up has been read, analysed and tested to see if it is a valid bug complaint. We have done this to make sure the OP is a valuable community resource. Any duplicate bugs that are already on the list in the OP from this point on will be deleted[/tip]
    Is this topic presented to, or used by Microsoft?
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    04-18-2014 10:39 AM
    Pity about the camera bugs in ATIV S, this will make me wait for the official update. Waiting is hard
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    04-18-2014 10:49 AM
    Feeling so laagy specially when using 32 gb SD Card on my Nokia Lumia 720
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    04-18-2014 11:13 AM
    Look at the battery percentage and the battery icon . They are different. This happening only in battery saving modehttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/18/aqaga9u2.png
    Same thing for me also

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    04-18-2014 11:22 AM
    Feeling so laagy specially when using 32 gb SD Card on my Nokia Lumia 720
    Have you read the first post in this thread?

Is this topic presented to, or used by Microsoft?
    The primary idea is to help the community at large first - i.e. you, the members. We've noticed there are about 40 threads about same bug and these 40 users could benefit from knowing what is in the OP. This however, is open to being extended to Microsoft and more users across the internet. Any ideas are more than welcome! It will surely make it worth going through 1120 posts and summarizing them as the first post. Eyes were sore after a while, trust me.
    anon(7900571) and Muessig like this.
    04-18-2014 11:22 AM
    [tip]
    what about this? do you consider this an OS bug or something that carriers should be dealing with? i, surely, dont Know...
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    04-18-2014 11:24 AM
    Kids corner is still not fix. They are still requiring password for me to enter. Please fix it want to use it for my friends who keep intruding my phone 📞
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    04-18-2014 11:29 AM
2,721 ... 4445464748 ...