Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Michael Hibbard

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: [Official] Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

I have the Lumia 928. Just a couple of odd things.
Cortana: She did not ask me a series of questions, as reported, when I first fired her up to "learn more about me" She also does not call out my name. But everything else works.
Battery Life seems fine, however, I did notice that the battery indicator will stay at 100% then suddenly drop. I think that's a bug with the status indicator and not a reflection of actual battery life remaining.

Facebook is not integrated with the Action Center, updates are still coming thru from the app only.

Overall the phone is very responsive. I haven't noticed any other bugs yet.

Grimmush

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site

I have a weird one. When I access the Games app, the Collection list doesn't show any installed games, it tries to refresh itself but shows the "Couldn't open that. Try again." message and the Games store option.
If I try to refresh manually, I get a "Can't refresh. There's a problem with the Xbox service or your connection. Try again later." which is weird as these are local files it should be scanning.

My phone is a HTC 8X.

wp_ss_20140416_0002.jpg wp_ss_20140416_0001.jpg

Paul_kh

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site

WP 8.1 dev preview is rather laggy and unstable. A plenty of bug fixes to be applied. Hope the majority of bugs will be addressed for the consumer oriented release

pranayhotkar

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

I have a weird one. When I access the Games app, the Collection list doesn't show any installed games, it tries to refresh itself but shows the "Couldn't open that. Try again." message and the Games store option.
If I try to refresh manually, I get a "Can't refresh. There's a problem with the Xbox service or your connection. Try again later." which is weird as these are local files it should be scanning.

My phone is a HTC 8X.

View attachment 63087 View attachment 63088
I have the same problem on my Lumia 820

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: 8.1 Update - thoughts/experience

I'm curious, has anyone had any luck contacting Nokia and/or T-Mobile regarding WP8.1 officially coming to the 810? Nokia stated that ALL of their WP8 devices would get them, just not sure if that includes EOL devices like our 810's or 820/822 devices still out there.

We can't get a straight answer out of them. I've tried time and time again on the FB page. They claims to say that, "We continue to support the Lumia 810." Their actions have been more telling in the direction of not only not supporting it, but denying it ever existed. I'd love to get the firmware updates that would bring better camera quality and a few other Nokia exclusive features. For the time being I might as well have an Ativ or 8X with the amount of support I'm getting. I'm quite happy with the dev preview of 8.1, and I doubt we'll ever get a solid support out of TMO.

I've found a small annoyance with the new update. When I try to end phone calls, the end call button is at the bottom of the screen. A bit awkward with how I hold the phone. I was quite happy with the original position in the middle

xratola

May 9, 2013
Visit site

Now if you're listening music through your headphones and you want to turn up/down volume you have to put the freaking phone off your pocket and do it manually. I used to just slip my finger into my pocket and use the hardware keys.

Gremsems

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site

I have the same issue with the Xbox games app not connecting...

Strange thing is I had an update last night and since then it stopped connecting... I have version 2.0.1404.11000

But my brother, who also has 8.1 is still on 2.0.1403.26000 he hasn't got a update...

Paul_kh

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site

Yesterday after my language pack for keyboard had been downloaded by WP 8.1 I caught the BSOD on rebooting the system. Thanks God it did not cause my handy to brick. Another issue is you are kicked off from the battery saver app when your phone is running the energy saving mode

deezus

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Love the preview but what I've found is wrong:
Scaling on Lumia 1520 is wrong, text and calendar are way too small and hard to see
When I'm on a call and take phone away from face its keeps the call minimized, it used to bring it back up fully.
Please move end call button somewhere else when making a phone call
Screen has re-acquired dimming bug (Lumia 1520)
Please allow for individual notification clearing

Other than that the phone doesn't seem faster it is faster by a lot, almost so fast you don't see animations when going to home screen.

Nikker

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site

I have Nokia 920 on att. Bugs I have found are less than optimized viewing of html pages in ie11 WebPages are rendered sometimes mobile sometimes full site and lots of blue screen loading while scrolling. As said earlier volume rocker needs to have screen on to adjust i.e. using headphones listening to music. Cortana will not work unless plugged in to wired headset or Bluetooth headset. Cortana will recognize music without headset. I cannot send voice to text either unless with wired or Bluetooth headset. Anyone with any fixes besides hard reset?

Last edited:

Dejan GoldenBoy

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site

internet explorer won t work with mobile data,is there someone with this problem and if any solution

fifthGear

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: 8.1 Update - thoughts/experience

8.1! WOW love it more all the time. It has breathed new life into my enthusiasm for the platform. I'm not one who whines about the 810 being abandoned. I love the simple look of the phone (not into flashy things).

So many new features! Now that we can install (and I just found that we can move) apps to the SD card. I now have so much space on my device! Yay! Will be sticking with this phone for a while more.

sqlchicken

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

Cortana will recognize music without headset. I cannot send voice to text either unless with wired or Bluetooth headset. Anyone with any fixes besides hard reset?

I have 920 as well and works fine without either. What I did notice was that if your phone has vibrate mode on (adjust volume and set to Vibrate on/off) then Cortana won't speak. Turn vibrate to off and will work just fine. Quite annoying.

EDIT: Ok, just turned vibrate on and working fine. Must've been strange behavior, *maybe* fixed by soft resets I did earlier today?

Last edited:

abhishyam2007

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site

First bug :- cog wheels are taking ages , they haven't fixed this.
Edit :- migrating data , took 30+ min. I know the reason behind it. My lumia 920 is almost full , just 10GB free space so it might take time if you have lot of apps,data and music on phone.

No, the amount of data has nothing to do with the time taken. My Lumia 520 had just a few apps but it still took more than an hour.

Sent from my Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs