Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

aafa

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: [Official] Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

I have an ATIV S. I turned off the flash in the WP camera app, but whenever I take a pic, the flash goes on for a spilt second...a lot shorter than when flash is to on. Rebooting does not fix this.

Anyone else have this issue?

salmanps

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

Not able to play Full HD videos in Nokia Lumia 520 after the 8.1 update.

volam

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site

Hi,

I see issue with the Contacts/People. First when I upgraded to 8.1, I saw that all contacts were gone - complete wiped off. I save all of my contacts to Windows Live Id. Even though I was able to see online, I did not see them on my phone. When I try to change Sync settings of my Windows Live ID (on phone), I see that it had only one option (Email) which was enabled. I could not find the Contacts option to be enabled. I saw that all other accounts had the option to either enable/disable Contacts syncing.

Since there is no way to swap the Live ID, I hard reset my phone. This time I logged with a 2nd Windows Live ID. Once started, phone showed that the second Live ID was syncing (along with Facebook and LinkedIn accounts -whcih were actually linked to the Live ID). All 3 accounts showed as Syncing for over 12 hours (and my phone was connected to system). Then I went to bed. When I woke up in the morning, I saw that the phone was dead (battery died). I charged the phone for a few hours and tried to switch on, but no use. So I hard reset once agin.

Once phone started, I logged in with a third Live ID (brand new one created - without any contacts, emails, notes or calendar entries). Then I tried to add once account at a time. I added 7 email accounts (each time giving about an hour or so to make sure each account completely synced) and Facebook account (I have almost 5,000 contacts). Everything was good. Then I added my LinkedIn account (I have over 9,000 contacts on LinkedIn). Then the problem started again. LinkedIn account showed Syncing (greyed out) for almost 8 hours, but it could not complete. I tried to restart the phone (soft reset). Once the phone was off, it does not start again.

I had to hard reset again!!! I think here is problem with LinkedIn account getting Synced on Windows Phone 8.1 and more testing needs to be done on the app. If anyone was able to overcome the issue, please share how you had overcome the issue.

Thanks.

Suresh.

volam

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Pratik, if you are asking about hard reset, Phone starts with Windows Phone 8.1 again.

Twisted14

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

I can't take screenshots anymore after updating to 8.1. I updated yesterday and soon noticed that the screenshot button combination had changed to power + volume up. I tried it and the screen flashes as if it's taking the shot but then immediately displays a message right at the top of the screen saying 'Couldn't take screenshot'.

I did a hard reset on my phone this morning but the issue still persists. Can't seem to find anybody who has the same problem.

gdinger

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

RemoteLink app (OnStar) no longer functions correctly after update. Have to accept the EULA and sign in each time you open the app now

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site

Some times, the phone doesn't shows when it is charging... Or vice versa. I thought my charger is damaged many times.

r4v

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

There's a problem with playing music through Bluetooth. It doesn't show position. Only 0:00.

And I also have problems with Wi-Fi sometimes. It doesn't connect. You need to do this manually.

Athanville

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site

Well sometimes when you plug the charger the phone takes sometime to recognize its supposed to be charging, then when you unplug it continues charging for like a min or two, now you have to long press the power button then cancel the restart to get it back to normal.

Antonius Andianto W

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

Hi, i face some issue:
- lock screen enable, and i go to setting>system>about. The screen still rotate
- Facebook (add account) setting>system>email+account. No facebook
- Xbox/games --> all move to list of application (COuld't open that. Try again)

Dan Wolfe

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site

I'm also on an 8xt and I'm seeing this same thing. I'm having such bad battery life after the update though that its hard for me to imagine turning off battery saver.

That said... I'll try it now and see if the wifi issue resolves.

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site

Hi, i face some issue:
- lock screen enable, and i go to setting>system>about. The screen still rotate
- Facebook (add account) setting>system>email+account. No facebook
- Xbox/games --> all move to list of application (COuld't open that. Try again)

1) some people have reported that screen rotation issue. Should get fixed when firmware comes out in 2 months or so.
2) fb account wont be there now. From now on, you would have to install the Facebook app from store (not the beta one) and then it would integrate with your people hub. Direct integration has been removed, now apps would integrate only. And Facebook messages wont come in the messaging hub as Facebook is forcing all os to move to the Facebook messenger application.
3) you cant disable them from displaying in the all list. Try opening from the games hub only. Haven't seen that issue anywhere.

anon(8141948)

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

I have been facing the first problem, of Rotation Lock not working in 'About' since the GDR3 update. Perhaps Microsoft wishes to keep it that way.

ChiraagShah

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site

After 8.1 Developer Preview, the camera stops working after each use. Have to restart my phone to get it working again.

Using Samsung ATIV S.

Dan Wolfe

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Hello all,

I updated my HTC 8xt to 8.1 on the 10th and have noticed several items thus far. Here is my list:

1.) Wifi issues - times out and will actually provide an error when you attempt to turn it back on (see screen shot). Once this occurs the only way to rectify it is by restarting the phone. I've seen some folks mention that turning off battery saver will resolve the issue, but that brings me to my next issue
wifierror.jpg
2.) Battery life - my battery life is poor. Much poorer than before. I've gone back through and disabled all the background tasks, NFC, BT, and WiFi but I am just not getting the milage with 8.1 that I got with wp8
3.) Phone will not wake - at times, the phone will not power on by pressing the power/sleep button. I've been able to work around this by waking the device using the camera button. Also, this doesn't seem to be occuring while the wifi is off.
4.) Visual VM - Sprint Visual Voice Mail no longer opens. I'm sure Sprint will have to update the app for this to work again. I'll hold my breath. :p
5.) Internet Sharing - In settings, I cannot open internet sharing. It simply crashes back to the settings menu again.
6.) Find My Phone - In settings, I cannot open Find My Phone. It simply crashes back to the settings menu again.

I'm still testing. I'm add more if/when I find it :p

Last edited:

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site

Getting quite a few little annoying bugs. WiFi and mobile signal strength seem to have taken a hit, Me tile keeps changing between high res image and, well, definitely not high res, accounts don't always sync. Kind of wish I'd waited for the full release. Lumia 925.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb