Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
The comma button is still there, look in settings. As for the in-line editing, yeah thats irritating....that little circle is too small to grab, plus it moves under your finger like ios and android, if you have a large finger you cant see where it is!! Bah!

I don't get your problem with the editing cursor, once you press down on the little circle you don't need to keep your finger on the text, you can just bring your finger down while swiping so you can see perfectly fine what you're doing... It's so much easier and faster...

Bhaskar Phatak1

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: [Official] Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

My Lumia 620 works perfectly so far, only problem I faced was once the start, back & search buttons stopped vibrating all of a sudden but still did the job...
other problem little freezes here n there but not major ones...now all apps r behaving verynicely... maybe better RAM management...!!!
Love the new update...!WP8.1 now Nokia Lumia Cyan shud be hell lot of fun than before...its like the WP has finally come of age!!!

FrostyCamel

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

The image search doesn't appear to be working properly. Sometimes only one or two images come up, sometimes none. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Bhaskar Phatak1

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

the phone apparently has a better battery life & works like a charm...even the Apps resume very fast..which was not the case with Lumia Black...!!

1mikehart

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Phone: Nokia Lumia 925

Right channel audio on headphones randomly cuts out and doesn't come back until phone is rebooted. Seems like this was a bug in v8.0, just hasn't been fixed yet. Since a reboot temporarily fixes the issue, I'm led to believe this is a software issue.

Others are having this issue as well, as can bee seen in the link below. 8.1 has the same bug as 8.
Headphones connection on Lumia 925 - Nokia Support Discussions

Sandeep Aashish

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

On my Lumia 520, after accessing notification center from the lock screen, the screen doesn't turn off automatically. Usually, the screen turns off after about 5 seconds when the phone is locked.

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site

I lost my notification display on Glance , I can only see the time displayed although it clearly says there in the description in the setting that "glance shows you time and notifications" don't know what to do , it was really helpful before

Just go to glance in settings.. I got Restart prompt and it was fine after that

Aiman Hijaz

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

hey after wp 8.1 update I have my alarm not working any more no matter what I do I off it I reset it I even pined it to the main screen as some one suggested but sadly nothing works ! now coming to my email accounts and facebook and anything that has interval updating it simply dose not do anything it stays like that till I update it manually , what to do I had soft reset my phone but nothing and I don't want to hard reset it because its too much of a hastel , how can we communicate these errors to Microsoft ?! I own a lumia 1520

mrllano

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site

I reset my phone because of some issues. After it, the glance doesn't have the option to see the notifications

Tobyus

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site

Some of these may have already been mentioned, but these are my dislikes/bugs:

Bugs:

1) When listening to music over headphones, notifications make no sound whatsoever. I am missing all kinds of things when listening to music now.

2) Pictures/Camera settings used to allow you to store location information in the picture, and there was an additional setting that stripped the location from the pictures when they were shared. That second setting is missing now.

3) Live tiles not working bug is still present. I have had multiple live tiles randomly stop working since updating to 8.1. One of them that had never stopped working before was Words By Post. It's live tile had been rock solid throughout WP7 and WP8 when other live tiles would fail.

4) Battery drain seems to be much worse. Speaking of which, my phone is currently showing it is charging, but it isn't plugged in or on a wireless charger... And I am at 61% after being off of the charger for less than 3 hours.

5) Speaker noise/pop in videos when fast forwarding/skipping.

Dislikes:

1) I hate that the messaging app has been stripped down to just text messaging. I don't text, so it is now useless to me. I use skype/kik/facebook messenger.

2) Facebook integration is horrible now. You can't even like/comment on a post through the people hub. It tries to launch the Facebook app, and then just loads the news feed rather than going to the post you clicked on.

I am using a Lumia 920 on AT&T. There are some things I love about 8.1 (Cortana, Backgrounds with transparent tiles, notification center, IE 11) but there are some pretty annoying issues that came along with the good things.

kbagrows

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: 8.1 Update - thoughts/experience

WP 8.1 is great overall but now my Windows Key is useless.. how do I assign it to bring up the Cortana app so I can call people lol

The search button on the right activates Cortana. Hold it down for 2 seconds, and she will be "listening." You can then just ask her to call whomever.

Now that I have used 8.1 a little more, the only glitch I'm having is with the Music app. It is terrible ... slow, glitchy, etc. There are a couple of threads on the issue here at WPCentral. Hopefully it will get an updated. Regardless, still loving 8.1

RottingOrange

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site

Am I the only one who does not have access in Settings to Battery Saver? All other options in Settings seem to work normally including the Nokia Black introduced extras, but the Battery Saver only shows under the title of it the word "extended battery life, XX% battery left". Pushing that appears to be registered (the title moves "down" and comes up again), but the actual app doesn't open.

Soft reset doesn't work. Please don't tell me that the only way forward is hard reset! Any workarounds? For record, I am using the 1020.

Same issue on my 820 ? Battery Saver simply won't open in settings (and is not in my app list at all.) Soft reset doesn't help. Any ideas? :(

Vipul Rajput

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site

Another bug :\
when open too many app in multitasking they multiply..
This is very annoying

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: 8.1 Update - thoughts/experience

That and the caret (aka cursor) control sucks. No more long press and it appears above your finger so you can drag it around precisely.

I'm almost tempted to revert back because of this. :eck:

The Skizzle

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

https://gethelp.live.com/Pages/MSO.aspx?Product=WP8&Topic=Phone Update&ForumID=261804&Locale=en-us. I guess you need to sing in with your MS Account in order to chat with their service.

I tried contacting them via live chat. They just directed me to the MSDN forums which I've already been actively participating. Sadly, I haven't been seeing much participation in the forums on Microsoft's part. What I have seen has mostly been suggestions to hard reset the phone. Although, I agree and have echoed that the hard reset is a necessary troubleshooting, for those of us who have performed the hard reset and are still experiencing problems, there has been no response.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers