Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Niavlys77

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: 8.1 Update - thoughts/experience

That and the caret (aka cursor) control sucks. No more long press and it appears above your finger so you can drag it around precisely.

I'm almost tempted to revert back because of this. :eck:

Just tap on blank space - it gives you a cursor to drag around to wherever you want - FAR better than the tap and hold method.

rapperman

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: [Official] Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

This may have been mentioned already but the sleep to wake time on my Lumia Icon using the power button (no double tap to wake on this phone) is about 4 seconds. Way, way too long! And the windows store live icon is still as unreliable as ever. Last night it displayed 10 updates available, this morning it showed none. Force check from within the store app fixes the bug. Also, isn't it about time the Microsoft gave us multiple options when long pressing the power button??? I'd love to be able to simply restart my phone instead of completely shutting it down and rebooting.

Regarding Cortana, what can I say... good start, but some of the advances displayed during the product's introduction don't seem to be working for me as advertised.

And btw before anyone asks... yes I have hard reset the phone several times.

terencechan

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Considering this is a developer preview, which carrier will or may also get this version of OS on their devices, the bugs are not acceptable. I experienced issues that the phone constantly resets my notification alarm and ribbon settings which causes me to miss important emails. The clicking sound of lock and unlock is not working, Xbox hub not able to load games installed, increased battery drain, not responsive power button and laggy response are totally unacceptable. My user experience with WP 8.1 is even worse than WP 8 despite of the added features and functions.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: 8.1 Update - thoughts/experience

You ROCK!!!!!!!!

I tried everything else, but that. Thank you!

P.S.
I just tried it.... nope. I prefer the old way. My finger still covers the caret and I can't see where its at very well.

Sean_P

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

So, I installed the 8.1 update on my 8xt, and I have a pretty constant problem with the screen not waking up until about 5-10 full seconds after I hit the power button, or not at all. The screen just stays dark.

Anyone having this problem?

8XT user here, yes same problem. i removed 'photostream app' and some other pre 8.1 3rd party apps i had and also did a soft reset - have not had that screen wake up issue since, hope that helps!

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site

So, I installed the 8.1 update on my 8xt, and I have a pretty constant problem with the screen not waking up until about 5-10 full seconds after I hit the power button, or not at all. The screen just stays dark.

Anyone having this problem?
On my icon I found that with WiFi off I do not have this problem. Easy enough to toggle back on as needed. I would think this will be addressed in an update. Even wpcentral news mentioned this issue as a major complaint from many users.

sarkankur

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site

videos hub not owrking after first usage.

i used the videos hub to watch some videos for the first time on my lumia 520 after the update, it worked quiet well though i hated the fact that there was no option to forward or rewind the videos,,, but from the next time whenever i open the videos hub it open and instantly closes the app.

Joel Daniel

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
My phone using 8.1 runs great when I'm on Sprint's 3G or 4G network, but when I connect to my home Wi-Fi everything goes to hell. I don't get 4G at home so Wi-Fi is much faster and reliable. Here's what's happening, am I the only one???
First off let me say that I love WP and 8.1. But I am having some major issues that weren't an issue with WP8. Here's what I'm experiencing:
Random restarts
Phone turns off randomly
Wi-Fi turns off by itself
Saving apps to the SD card causes major lag and freezing
Power button doesn't turn on screen or it's delayed 5 seconds
Here's what I've done to fix these issues:
More soft resets than I can count
Hard reset
Moved apps from SD card back to phone
Still have major instability and freezing and random restarts, button unresponsiveness.
Will the 8.1 release by the carriers this summer fix these issues or is this my new reality?
HTC 8xt

Gaurav Kushwaha

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

Enterprise WiFi feature pack is incomplete. It doesn't connect to EAP-TTLS with inner PAP authentication, used by most of the Eduroam universities. Android has the advanced settings, 2 phase authentication choices as well. Disappointed.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm having assorted little bugs, as I have not gotten too deep into any xbox games (as app backup is worthless unless a Dev updates their app to support the feature) yet, I might as well do a hard reset with 8.1 installed, Maybe it will help a little, just worried about the 2 hours to resinstall 100 apps and get everything configured the way I want it...

As least it will back up my temp tile layout....(still in design)

IBSeanB

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Getting the "Sorry, this item is unavailable" when trying to stream a song from music. I can click the down arrow and download it then play it.

val.m

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if it was already mentioned, by I'm having an annoying problem with the mail notifications.
I have some folders for aliases pinned to the start screen. In 8.0 I would get a sound notification when I get a new mail, but in 8.1 there's no sound notification and nothing shows up in the notification center.

For the main inboxes things work just fine, but for those pinned folders I get no notifications, I just see on the tile that there are new mails.

Now considering that this is a preview and bugs are expected, I really hope MS fixes these things.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes