Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

WinSammie

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Re: [Official] Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Not sure if maybe Microsoft enabled this, but maybe all phones have focus flash now. It illuminates the subject so the proper focus can be attained then shoots the photo. Should be able to turn off focus flash in the settings within the app. This is different from the normal flash.
You are right, if the camera works there is a focus flash before the real flash when you take a flash photo. Unfortunately the flash with switched-off flash button occurs after the photo is taken, so not for focus...

muxl

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
next thing I realised now is, that if you get a notification for Instagram in the notification center and click on it, the notification in the tile of Instagram on the homescreen doesn't disappear..... somehow annoying...

megadragon998

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I am having a few very annoying problems with my ativ s. First is that i left the phone whole night on charger and it didn't charge a single percent, second is location icon at top even when location service is turned off ,third games hub doesn't work and final one (not sure if it is a problem) is Cortana - i tried some questions Joe Belfiore used and it just redirects me to Bing search while some of those questions indeed work. Examples she gave me to ask her redirects to Bing search. *facepalm*

EDIT: I tried soft reset many times, i didn't do hard reset because i will loose nokia apps i have because proxy trick doesn't work anymore.

Simpsoid

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

HTC 8x

- Selecting Internet Explorer advanced settings automatically kicks you back to previous page (browser pane). When selected from settings -> applications, it crashes back to settings list. Tried multiple resets and reset without backups

Appreciate if a fellow 8x owner can test and confirm...

Same on my HTC 8X

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft removed Message Tone from Ringtones+Sounds which has left us with no choice to change tone for Operator messages such as Message Delivery Cost, Data Usage and Call charge after calls. I got it much severe because i deleted the Tone which i had set early and now it is just blank even without vibration [actually it feels good to have no disturbance]. So I feel MS should bring it back so that we could customize tones for such notifications..

buddy007

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

i am using a lumia 525 from india with region set to usa(for cortana).

I have detected the following bugs:

'Find my phone' setting no longer works it just doesnt execute.

The windows phone desktop app is not able to display my items in my phone;the app opens shows lumia 525 and charging% and the screen remains blank.But i can access the files from windows explorer from desktop but i miss the auto sync feature.

Project my screen not working with USB connection

Rest of the problems are:

Music app slow and sluggish

Video app showed online content at first but now showing only personal vidoes

Games hub no longer showing games list after the store update of the app

Thank You and please reply if u have encountered the same or if u have solution.

ashwinp90

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
I have many problems with my nokia camera app though nobody seems to have any issues. The time taken to save the photos have increased quite a lot and sometimes it gets stuck and restarts. I have a class 4 16 GB sandisk card with just some music and photos in it, no apps. The native camera app works fine and quickly takes photos.

Qiyamata

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
The brightness settings are wonkey now after installing 8.1 on my 521. Sometimes when I switch from low to medium nothing happens, I have to switch from high to low to get it to work again and sometimes the low is actually the high and the high the low setting etc. Anyone else notice this?

lsmachado

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
It is possible somebody here may have had the issue already, but I would strongly suggest asking your question through Microsoft's official support forum for the developer preview at Msdn forums - Windows Phone Preview OS Issues - They seem to be really good at responding to issues that involve an actual error code.

I followed the link you provided, searched all the forums, "no results found". <sigh> Thank you, though. I appreciate the suggestion.

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
I think its about time to acknowledge the broad effects of this update to WiFi reception.

Paging wpcentral editors?

I have done 2 hard resets and WiFi is still wonk. It occasionally drops and disconnects. Others here requiring a restart. I think its the main cause of the unresponsive power Button that this website has reported.

Sent from my Surface with Windows RT using Tapatalk

jjuswell

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft removed Message Tone from Ringtones+Sounds which has left us with no choice to change tone for Operator messages such as Message Delivery Cost, Data Usage and Call charge after calls. I got it much severe because i deleted the Tone which i had set early and now it is just blank even without vibration [actually it feels good to have no disturbance]. So I feel MS should bring it back so that we could customize tones for such notifications..

You can change tones for all apps, but in other place. Go to "notifications+actions" > "Messaging" > "Notification sound".

froi francisco

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
one more, did you noticed that when you make a call, the screen goes cimplety black that you cnt actually cancel a call.. Really buggyone more, did you noticed that when you make a call, the screen goes cimplety black that you cnt actually cancel a call.. Really buggy

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
one more, did you noticed that when you make a call, the screen goes cimplety black that you cnt actually cancel a call.. Really buggyone more, did you noticed that when you make a call, the screen goes cimplety black that you cnt actually cancel a call.. Really buggy

Is this after a hard reset?

the_coolestnerd

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I seem to have wifi problems. One issue is that I sometimes I have re-enter my wifi password for saved networks instead of automatically reconnecting. Also when I put in the correct password for a network, I would have to try connect at least twice before the phone connects to the wifi network

bobbydharrell

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I am amazed at people who grab a "Developer Preview" and then complain when they find a few bugs, hence why Nokia says they wont support the device as long as the Dev preview is running on it. Most issues you encounter when running the previews can be fixed by doing a Hard Reset, I always suffer through first day so phone can get a latest backup then reset in the morning. Gears taking "forever" means you have a lot of crap, be patient. Phone getting hot and severe battery drainage, yeah I can understand, mine did that too, but again, Hard Reset will fix. Now there will also be the random issue that only a few people get, WiFi issues, Connection issues, and this could boil down to carrier changes that will be included in the official update, or other unique differences. or even a bad download, and well .. that is a chance you take on a preview. my point is dont complain about beta software not being ready for prime time when you are told it is beta and to load at your own risk. ... Thank you

[edit] and the power button thing not working ... Hard Reset will not fix that, no clues, it is annoying, but is not a reason to panic, either use the double tap to wake, or press the power button several times, Im sure Microsoft will have it worked out for the next update

Last edited:

anon(5348756)

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this has been reported (I'm not about to check 44 pages) but on my 920, if I'm playing a podcast in the new app using headphones, after I stop listening mid-podcast and take the headphones off, volume visually changes to speakers but no sounds come out and if I try playing the podcast again (without headphones now) it freaks out, says there's a problem and resets the podcast to the beginning. Turning off and on solves this, but it's an inconvenient bug as I listen to podcasts every day on my way to work. This is most likely how the Nokia firmware handles headphones/speakers state, so I'd expect this to be fixed by Cyan.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon