03-30-2016 06:41 AM
2,721 ... 5657585960 ...
tools
    try to enable/disable glance
    bug disappeared after few restarts :) but thanks for help
    04-23-2014 05:45 AM
    Can't do a manual online Backup anymore, it always gives me an error.
    What about you?
    04-23-2014 06:10 AM
    Same here...
    Hi Windows Phone users, i am having two really weird issues with my Lumia 925, here are they:

1) When i first bought the Lumia 925 i noticed that the speakers aren't as loud as the Lumia 520 (My prev. phone), that is fine with me, but when i lower the vol to 15 or less it gets really low and barely i can barely hear it, i even turned off the sound when typing because it was useless, but when i have the vol 20+ it is good. I had this one the day i bought the device (It was running WinPhone 8 and now 8.1 Preview) i have done soft and hard reset both unsuccessful.

2) After updating to windows phone 8.1 i noticed that the wifi signal was very week (the internet is fine it is only the wifi signal showing one line or just the small dot) even when i am sitting next to the router. Anyone has this issue?

Thank you all in advance.
    04-23-2014 06:17 AM
    after installing 8.1 on my phone battery is draining out very quickly and device is getting too hot sometimes can't hold in hand please help me
    04-23-2014 06:18 AM
    after installing 8.1 on my phone battery is draining out very quickly and device is getting too hot sometimes can't hold in hand please help me
    Try doing hard reset and limiting background apps.
    04-23-2014 06:21 AM
    Everything seems to be acceptable. Was a little worried about doing this update on my main phone. Had one problem with webpages not loading in IE, created a new access point profile and removed the proxy settings as per the info section on here, reinstalled SIM etc. I feel as though the whole phone isn't as responsive as before and the mobile data is a little slower but all the features seem to be working fine. Battery MIGHT be draining slightly faster but I have been using the phone a lot more since the update so it may be normal.

All in all, the OS in its current state is definitely usable as a main phone at least on my L920.

Edit: Actually I am having problems with the mobile data again.
    04-23-2014 06:47 AM
    Hi,

I have installed 8.1 on day one on my Lumia 620, and immediately found the battery drain issue other wise I love this update.

So far done :

1) soft reset done many a times
    2) Hard reset and restored the data back, No luck
    3) Hard reset and fresh installed, still no luck
    4) Wifi OFF, WIFI Sense OFF, out look sync settings changed to daily. and exchange server in set to 'as item arrives'( since I am on call for all the time and i use for business)
    5) Location is OFF, No cortana
    6) All back ground apps are not allowed except Whats App and Batter sense
    7) Mobile ( 2G ) data is enabled
    8) no weather updates.

Not sure what needs to be done.

My main worry is, battery is draining very quickly in stand by too. it was 100 % at 13:30 hrs but 55 % at 15:30. Just sent a message in between.

I am thinking to go back to WP 8.0 but loving this update so waiting for a solution.

it may be redundant question but not found a significant solution or at least closer match so far about this issue. searched almost all and tried all recommendations but none of them didnt work, any suggestions please ?
    04-23-2014 07:04 AM
    Wifi range is lower after upgrade to WP 8.1 on my Lumia 920 :(
    04-23-2014 07:22 AM
    One little problem with my 1520 after update to WP 8.1. When I create all day event in calendar, it is moved to previous day after a second..

Sent from my RM-937_eu_poland_1014 using Tapatalk
    04-23-2014 07:51 AM
    Woke up at 6.42am to find my 1020 stuck at the glance screen with time 1.42am, not responding to any buttons. It was on the charger all night, but only charged to 77%. Scary, I thought I slept until 1.42pm! Had to do a soft reset (power + vol down for 15sec or so). Hope this is a one off, because I kind of need that alarm clock.
    This has happened twice with my 1020 so it's not an isolated incident.
    04-23-2014 08:02 AM
    Hello,

today I noticed that my glance screen is 180 degrees rotated. Check out the image below...

Attachment 64238

...strange :)
    Same happened to me like 30 min ago, turn of glance, restart and turn it on, it will go back to normal
    04-23-2014 08:03 AM
    if i disable banner notifications for texts i dont get alerted at all of text messages while in driving mode. Thats one of my favorite features being able to have messages read to me and reply without touching the phone.
    04-23-2014 08:33 AM
    I believe this is a reference to the film 2001: A space oddysee where the computer system called Hal would interact with the captain of the ship 'Dave'
    04-23-2014 08:34 AM
    I have an Ativ S and I've only got problems with the camera, sometimes. Also, I sense the battery comsumption is bigger and worries me . Overall the OS is working pretty fine and awesome.
    luisfarelo likes this.
    04-23-2014 09:23 AM
    LUMIA 920
    Open existing Excel sheet, insert values, turn off screen (not phone), wait some minutes, turn on screen: sheet is empty and data inserted are vanished...
    04-23-2014 09:23 AM
    The games icon lags and the tile disappears sometimes
    04-23-2014 09:54 AM
    Another bug:
    When you turn Battery saver on, you can select 3 options below it. It won't remember what you pick there for the next time you turn battery saver on.
    04-23-2014 09:56 AM
    The new way Facebook works with 8.1 is slow and lags like crazy. The previous way it worked being integrated into the phone, instead of just opening the app Android style, was much smoother. We're not Android so, stop trying to be Android... Be windows phone!
    Abhinav Singh7 likes this.
    04-23-2014 10:00 AM
    To be honest, most of the bugs I have experienced with my relatively new 1620 don't bother me too much, but my major gripes are:

• Inconsistent battery level readings - The battery level is erratic, either showing a higher or lower reading than the real reading. Plugging the phone in causes the reading to revert to the true reading
    • Video skipping "pop" sound - This is bloody annoying. In some applications it seems to be particularly prevalent and does my head in, literally.
    • Random WiFi disconnections - This one is self explanatory.
    • Lag, lag, lag - Considering the 1520 is a high-end Windows Phone, it feels a lot less so than it did when I was using WP8. It was silky smooth.

I do hope Microsoft and Nokia come out with fixes in the near future to really make Windows Phone 8.1 shine as it should.
    zephyrpawan likes this.
    04-23-2014 10:10 AM
    Loving WP8.1, but my Whatsapp notifications stopped working unless I open the app. Anyone else? Ativ S user here
    04-23-2014 10:37 AM
    Do not know is this bug listed but Store do not release notification that app is update if manually is initiated and even not showing app update in history.
    For example today Nokia Access Point app is updated, phone after manually initiated update is download app itself, update existing one but I did not receive notification, nevertheless app update is not listed under history.
    That is.
    04-23-2014 10:41 AM
    Can't find the option to share pictures to OneDrive. Am I doing something wrong?
    04-23-2014 10:44 AM
    Hi everyone, my device is a Lumia 820, i was watching a youtube video from the website and when it ended the phone automatically switched back to the non-fullscreen mode, right after that the screen was frozen, i couldn't do anything, no changes even by pressing the Start button or trying to switch between apps by holding the Back button, so i blocked the phone and the Glance screen appeared, i saw an horrible screen full of dots, nothing actually displayed, so i pressed the block button again, the lock screen was only made of dots too. The buttons seemed to not respond, so i pulled out the battery and put it back in place and restarted the phone, everything was normal.
    I've actually made a video, this is a frame showing the problem.
    foto.jpg

I'm posting it as an important problem and not occasional, because i've always had problems, since the 8.1 update, with non-fullscreen video playback on a web page.
    Before the error i was playing Asphalt 8, a CPU+GPU intensive game, so probably this is a problem related to the GPU, more specifically to the method used to show non-fullscreen videos that may have caused a GPU driver failure.
    Tell me what do you think.
    P.S.
    Does anyone know where do i have to post it on the official WindowsPhone forum?
    04-23-2014 11:12 AM
    Hi everyone, my device is a Lumia 820, i was watching a youtube video from the website and when it ended the phone automatically switched back to the non-fullscreen mode, right after that the screen was frozen, i couldn't do anything, no changes even by pressing the Start button or trying to switch between apps by holding the Back button, so i blocked the phone and the Glance screen appeared, i saw an horrible screen full of dots, nothing actually displayed, so i pressed the block button again, the lock screen was only made of dots too. The buttons seemed to not respond, so i pulled out the battery and put it back in place and restarted the phone, everything was normal.
    I've actually made a video, this is a frame showing the problem.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	foto.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	64279

I'm posting it as an important problem and not occasional, because i've always had problems, since the 8.1 update, with non-fullscreen video playback on a web page.
    Before the error i was playing Asphalt 8, a CPU+GPU intensive game, so probably this is a problem related to the GPU, more specifically to the method used to show non-fullscreen videos that may have caused a GPU driver failure.
    Tell me what do you think.
    P.S.
    Does anyone know where do i have to post it on the official WindowsPhone forum?
    had this happen the first day hasnt happened since
    04-23-2014 11:14 AM
    has any one seen any improvements in their phones??? game hub shows installed games... lock screen shows artist background, also when there is no artist background available, instead of showing grey, it displays the lock screen back ground.. music hub shows artist pic of some artists like Michael Jackson, that must be from xbox music cus its not the pics i applied using mpa tool..
    04-23-2014 11:15 AM
2,721 ... 5657585960 ...