Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Christopher Celotto

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

Just came across another bug on my Nokia Lumia Icon. Not sure if it has been identified yet. When listening to a song on YouTube, there is feedback in the audio when I lock the phone. This issue is on both WIFI and LTE. Anyone else experience this?

Tobyus

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I think I have found out why I was not hearing notifications while listening to music. My "Media and Apps Volume" was turned to 0 and apparently that affects app notifications even when you are listening over headphones and the only volume bar you have is for headphones. So you have to unplug them, turn up the "media and apps" volume, then plug your headphones back in and you'll be able to hear app notifications... Hopefully.

Also, I believe one of my live tiles not updating issues was related to Data Sense (new to me on AT&T). Apparently because I tried to use it to remind me of when I was over my 5gb soft cap, it started disabling background data use even though I didn't have those options selected. So turning Data Sense limits off seems to have fixed my live tile issue. I just can't track data use from billing cycle to cycle once I go into the throttle zone.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Not a bug or defect, but I feel like the multiple volume controls is useless while using speaker and more important while using Bluetooth and headphones but apparently Microsoft thinks the complete opposite... Am I the only backwards person here or is Microsoft?

Darko Mingovski

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
One BUG which, at least i think is somehow connected to regional/language settings. Being able to reproduce it on:

1. Lumia 920 Updated to WP8.1, later on clean install(back to 8.0 and update to 8.1 with no apps installed etc).
2. Lumia 625 Updated to WP8.1
3. Lumia 820 Updated to WP8.1

Region: Serbia
Phone Language: Serbian
Keyboard: Serbian

With these settings when you try to launch MS Camera app it crashes immediately. Half of nokia apps(network+, display, touch etc.) that were on serbian on 8.0 are now on english. Some of them like extras+info or glance screen are still on serbian. MS Apps like Facebook, PDF reader etc. was on serbian, now are on english.

When i change phone language on english i can start MS camera app and it is working fine. Changing language back to serbian -> crash again.

Nokia Camera and Nokia Camera Beta are working fine but they are both on english now, on 8.0 they were on serbian language to.

Posted this on MSDN, but no one responded to me.

suniltamboli

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
My camera wasn't working today,it launched but just plain black screen with Nokia camera settings showed up.I even tried clicking pictures bit nothing happened.I checked my camera roll earlier it showed plain black pictures but they disappeared now.Thought I should report this here.Anyone come across this problem ? (Lumia 920)

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Had my first real bug 🐛 today, been on 8.1 from day one, no problems except for the known Cortana bugs other than that its been fine till about 3 hours ago I've been losing data connection, it will show 4-5 bars and LTE but no connection, only a reboot brings it back, 2 times in the last hour. Att 1520

CobaltDragon

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Lumia 925 - I have noticed that certain apps do not close when hitting the back button to exit them. One I have noticed doing this consistently is the 8.1 specific Facebook app; when I back out of that app it stills remains listed in the multitasking area. I have also noticed a couple of phantom tasks in the multitasking section...once I even saw two start screens displayed. When I selected one the other disappeared.

siva bharathi

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Applications and games are restarting ... Instead of resuming.. I locked the phone for 10 minutes.. Then, unlocked the phone.. The apps are restarting.. Previously didn't happened like this.. After 8.1 update only it happens

Sent from my RM-825 using Tapatalk

Shan Ali Khan

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
]Hi ,
In Windows Phone 8 , there are very good option while switching the numbers while sending messages.
In Windows phone 8.1 developer preview that option is put in the menu and contact button is appeared in that position.
Contact can also be opened though Tapping name of contact.
So please bring back the switch number option to main bar of messaging like in Windows phone 8

Please vote here if you need this also :
interchange contact button with switch number position in message – Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone

d-signet

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Listening to something using new PODCAST app, switched to listening to music instead.

Boss started a conversation, pulled out headphones to stop music quickly

Re-plugged headphones, hit one of the volume buttons to bring up music controls, and hit "play"

Audio came through left channel only

Had to power off and on to get both channels back.

gabo40

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
my 1520 8.1 update my photo gallery is completely dark,the store is buggy,I can't install a lot of apps.I have a lot of issues after the update.

Oubeid

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if this is a bug.. But I can change my phone's language to English US or any other language.. It is stuck on English UK.. That's why I still don't have Cortana on my HTC 8X! Note: Before upgrading to WP 8.1 I used to set my phones language to English US to be able to access the US store content.. So it's weird not being able to do it after upgrading

scoopnapp

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

My outlook is using massive amounts of data. Seems like every time it syncs it uses between 20MB and 60MB.
Am I the only one? I have dialed down the sync settings for now.

sbavatar

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

My phone is heating for no reason. I did soft reset and turned off all back ground task. As soon as I boot up my 1520 it starts to heat at the back.

realworld666

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone had a problem where reading mode shows only a white page? This happens on all sites. Also, advanced settings in IE doesn't open even after a hard reset. This is on a UK HTC8x

doubledeej

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Here's the only one I've seen so far...

When using the Bluetooth kit I have in my car, I press the Talk button to activate Cortana and give it a command. The command usually gets processed okay, but then the entire Bluetooth connection to my phone is dropped (not just the open voice channel, but the entire connection). Occasionally it will automatically reconnect within a minute or two, other times I have to explicitly tell the car kit to disconnect then reconnect.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb